seany

Reaction score
Recently my laptop decided to give up working only had 2 years so it went to be mended found out it was the motherboard and had to have a new one fitted after about 5 weeks without it i got it back,had it back one weekend and it went again it would just switch off if tried to start it up they had it back and said thry could do so i am looking to get a mac and was wondering if anyone on here has one and how does fm2013 run on it please thanks?

By any chance is your laptop an Asus? They are pretty badly put together and give a lot of problems. I reccomend maybe getting a Dell/ Toshiba/ HP or possibly samsung even. There far more reliable and biult to last.

Macs are great(i have 2) but they are pretty pricey. You can get a PC for less than half the price. Also if portability isnt an issue id suggest getting a Desktop, far more upgradeable.

Mac has no distinct differences in FM. There the same game. A mac is only a worthwhile investment if you plan on being a graphic designer or similar profession.

By any chance is your laptop an Asus? They are pretty badly put together and give a lot of problems. I reccomend maybe getting a Dell/ Toshiba/ HP or possibly samsung even. There far more reliable and biult to last.

Macs are great(i have 2) but they are pretty pricey. You can get a PC for less than half the price. Also if portability isnt an issue id suggest getting a Desktop, far more upgradeable.

Mac has no distinct differences in FM. There the same game. A mac is only a worthwhile investment if you plan on being a graphic designer or similar profession.

No it was a Hewlett packard.

My laptop is a mac and i have fm 10, 11, and 13 running pretty well but I have a question. Is there an "iFMRTE" for mac and if not, do you know when it will come out? I had a lot of fun with it in fm 2011 and I would love to have it in fm 2013, especially because most teams start out with very little money.

@Seany. Ah right ok. Would your laptop be used mainly for FM or for many other uses?
Macbooks are great but they really wont pay for themselves as a gaming device. Thats what i was getting at. You can get a high spec gaming laptop for less than half the price of a new macbook. And lower the price even more for a top desktop.

@Arianp: Its in development still as far as i know. You have to pay €5 for it this year though

i've been playing fm since 2010 on a 2010 15' mac book pro with no problems at all. Not as smooth as my dual 560ti pc, but with all my other programs closed its very smooth.

Macs are great, fm works a dream for me.

HOWEVER, with no genie scout coming out on mac this year. Its a massive loss FM wise. Something about SI changing the format of the game and hiding it deeper.

If there is anyone with deep MAC programming knowledge please get in touch with the guy who makes it as he only has a pc, so can't develop one for mac...

@Seany. Ah right ok. Would your laptop be used mainly for FM or for many other uses?
Macbooks are great but they really wont pay for themselves as a gaming device. Thats what i was getting at. You can get a high spec gaming laptop for less than half the price of a new macbook. And lower the price even more for a top desktop.

Yep mainly fm and the net i am looking at getting a new desktop mac i have looked at one a friend has got just waiting for it to come out.