Fm 2013 scammed for Russian Version.

Fragnat

Reaction score
Ok so Im pretty frusrated right now because Ive traded for a pre-order of Fm2013. The guy I traded with traded me russian only version of the game, since I never really knew that "one language" versions existed because I never traded I figured Ill be able to change the language in options.

So now im stuck with a russian version of the game that I cant play. I wonder if somebody could help me if they are russian trade me an english version perhaps? Im quite desperate.

lol bad times doubt any1 can help ya, unless u simply ask to trade back

Or hope that some workaround is created to somehow force the language to English, thats what I am hoping as well, as I also own a Russian copy of the game.

Or hope that some workaround is created to somehow force the language to English, thats what I am hoping as well, as I also own a Russian copy of the game.

Thats impossible. I have friends at valve and they cannot change hte version of the game neither can SI staff.

If there is a deadline on which you can return the game, return it. Otherwise wait for the game to be released, get somebody on here to send you there language files that is installed on the game and replace yours with theirs. It has worked often for many others games... I remember with things like CoD and perhaps even early FM's that my friends would get the [cheaper] Russian version and just replace the file, there can be some dialogue that comes up with ???? or another symbol used for invalid.. but generally the game tends to work the same...

Infact for the BETA here you go: languages.zip - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Just put this in the : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2013\data\
or where else you have installed your game.

edit: you should then be able to go into your in-game options and change the language to english

instead of just putting it in the folder, delete the russian one, that used to make it start in english!!

instead of just putting it in the folder, delete the russian one, that used to make it start in english!!
Just delete russian.ltc and replace it with english and english(us).ltc, works so far for me.

Well there you go then! Sent you that file anyway :'). Gl with everything if any patches come out and steam replaces the english version just ask on the forum again and I am sure that somebody (if not me) will post it again.. if those files don't work for the full release (29mins!!) just private message me :D.

I advise everyone to test the method of deleting russian.ltc and just replacing it with english.ltc and english(us).ltc. You will probably have to redo it every time the game gets updated.

Well sadly this did not work. I put in the language files and deleted the russian one. Once get started it booted me out of hte gmae saying I need to reinstall because its missing language data.

Well sadly this did not work. I put in the language files and deleted the russian one. Once get started it booted me out of hte gmae saying I need to reinstall because its missing language data.
We need updated lang files for it to work now that the full version is out.

According to my file modification, they have NOT been modified with the update into the full release, I don't know why it stopped working..

Russian game only accepts Russian language, doesn't matter if you switch the files or not.

This was done as most pirate versions are in Russian and you needed to swap the language file to play if you didn't speak Russian.

This is no longer possible, even on legitimate Russian versions of the game.

As zaffarano has discovered it was possible on the beta, but won't be on full release.

Out of curiosity, why on earth did you trade with this guy? Also, what did you trade?

P.s you are screwed, this is why you should never talk to strangers on the internet.. They are all perverts and scammers (;