FM 2013 Your new new resolutions for the next installment of FM

Some older basers may be pleased to hear i plan to write a Cultural Leonesa story for FM13.

Lets hope Alejandro Rocamora is still on the database!

Take part in the pentagon challenge
Complete the alphabet challenge
Write one of the above in story form for FM Base
Create a team and write a story for FM Base
What is the pentagon challenge?

win the champions league in all 5 continent's on the game, 6 if you include additional leagues to get oceania available.
That sounds cool, i fancy a try at that.
I plan to restart this on FM13 so maybe i should incorporate the pentagon challenge into the same save :)

That sounds cool, i fancy a try at that.
I plan to restart this on FM13 so maybe i should incorporate the pentagon challenge into the same save :)

that would be a cool idea, looks like your rough list includes all 5 continents playable anyway. Also as there doesn't appear to be any italian clubs on your list then you could make san marino your S and include parts of that challenge aswell.

that would be a cool idea, looks like your rough list includes all 5 continents playable anyway. Also as there doesn't appear to be any italian clubs on your list then you could make san marino your S and include parts of that challenge aswell.
That would be epic! Hadn't noticed i had missed out the an Italian team.
The 'Pentagon, Alphabet, San Marino challenge' just rolls off the tongue doesn't it :P
I'm up for that

That would be epic! Hadn't noticed i had missed out the an Italian team.
The 'Pentagon, Alphabet, San Marino challenge' just rolls off the tongue doesn't it :P
I'm up for that

if you try and achieve them in alphabetical order and add in the necessity of the world cup, confederations cup and the euro's and it's equivalents to give you 5 nations to replace some of the leagues then you've got (possibly) the hardest fm challenge ever.

My main plan for every save this year is to sign myself in the game.

No new resolutions for me, except doing what I have been doing from the first day that I start playing FM, and that is to play with Arsenal. I am a proud boring person you see.

Having just started a game in Holland to pass the time until FM13, I intend to take my new favourite team, Roda JC to world domination, using only Dutch players (preferably ones from my academy)

I'm going to play as Barcelona and sign a DEFENDER.

after I've signed Iker Muniain, Neymar, Juanmi, Javier Martinez and Juan Iturbe (H)

Edit - wow, never noticed Javi Martinez is competent at DC, job done!

Last edited:
Never heard of the San Marino challenge until now interesting idea... I will find it difficult to follow thru on my resolutions because I dont know who I am going to start with...
Since I started playing FM2008 Iv always started with a Lower League Team usually L2 in England however in the last one I started with Charlton... This year Crewe and Portsmouth have interested me the most with Bradford also snooping around...

Resolutions:
Iv successfully completed most of the following resolutions but this year I will look to do them all and some with different teams...
I want to manage Napoli because they are my fav team after Aston Villa and I want to break the Juve, Inter, AC grip on Serie A...
Iv previously broke the Top 2 in Spain with Sevilla but this time I plan to use Bilbao and stay true to their transfer policy...
I have plans to manage Ajax and Belgium as well...

The one thing I will guarantee is Aston Villa will have a La Masia type system going on...
Since last year my philosphy has been set up around youth development rather than transfers...
The quote I played FM12 to is 'Why buy players when you can create them' - Johann Cryuff... Hence you can see why Crewe, Bilbao and Ajax are on my list of teams to manage they are proven creators of talent...

Win the Champions League with my team, Belenenses (portuguese 2nd division) in 10 or less seasons. :)

*Win the Champions League with my local team, Djurgårdens IF from Sweden.

*Stick with a save for over 10 seasons

This has got the juices flowing for 2013!

Long saves

Aberdeen save 5-???? Seasons
For 13 years I've been trying to win the Champions League with Aberdeen. One the Uefa up once nearly always managed to dominate Scotland so hopefully now is my time and 2013 is the year I'll do it

I always fail to do a journeyman save so next year i want to do a career between 15 and 20 season in that save

Always aim to improve my steam achievements. Currently at 71%

To tie in with this im planning my main save of the season to become a national hero in every country in 1 save starting with a team in each of the bottom leagues

I Also hope to beat my friend at the game. We regularly compare games and are usually quite close between us i think in the past 5 years i was a lot better in 2010 and he's destroyed me in 2012 but otherwise its usually quite close

not cheat to win

i always tend to end up using alt+f4 when i'm losing, especially by a late goal or a lot of goals and change tactics :(

Complete the pentagon challenge.

First thing I'm going to do!!

Back