FM 2016 - This Is Sparta - Bringing Back The Glory (Video Series)

scotty107

Reaction score
Hi All

Thought i would share my little story with you. Whenever i start a new FM career i try to find an interesting story, one that will keep me interested.

This year i headed to the Netherlands. Not to the PSV, Ajax's or Feyenoord's. No I wanted a challenge I looked at the history books and one name popped out. a Team in the 2nd tier of Dutch football.

Dave Sexton a young 25-year-old who's football career was cut short by injury, he was determined not to leave the game and so completed his coaching badges. Dave packed his bags and headed off to Rotterdam for an interview for a job he had no hope of landing.

Sparta Rotterdam formed in 1888 branching from a cricket club in 1888 in 1890 they played their first match. 1899 the chairman visited Sunderland and adopted the red & white kit colour they wear today. Sparta have a glittered past. 6 League titles in their history the last being 1959.

Dave gave an inspiring interview highlighting his desire to take Sparta back to the top. His dreams to make the Castle a Fort. His dream to play attacking football to excite the fans. The interview went well as Dave fly home he could only hope that he was given a chance. Days went by as Dave's hope dwindled. Just as he was about to give up his agent called. He needed to book a flight to Rotterdam and start learning Dutch.

This is the story of Dave Sexton, This is the story of Sparta Rotterdam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbrth8uuKwQ&index=113&list=PLYX5Y-Bpyz38f8N2v9qJCzUQwyiIUA54D