• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
FMbase.png

Hello, and welcome to my chairman and manager game. I got the idea from W4NKER, who made the http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ball-manager-base-director-football-game.html and this idea I had last year: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...manager-application-thread-yes-thats-you.html. The team is yet to be decided.

I am looking for 4 Directors and 1 Manager to take part in this game. If you would like to take part, this is what you will need to know:

Directors

The 4 directors will be deciding on budgets, expectations, transfers as well as other things. Each director will get a vote each on all things to do with the club. You will also be involved in selecting and interviewing potential candidates.

If you would like to be a director please leave a comment. I will be choosing who I think is best, it is not first come first serve.

Manager

This is probably the most important part of the game. I will be looking for a manager to actually manage the team. You will need to be available to play the game, be a good manager and be able to write a good story. You will also need to PM me an application to become manager. The other directors and I will be decided on the best candidate to employ.

If you would like to become a manager, please leave a comment, and PM me the following:

Name:
Past Experience: (I.e: Any story you have written)
Why you should get the job:

You will all need steam, so we can have board meetings, and the manager must have hamachi, as I will be running it as a network game so I can edit budgets etc.

I hope I have explained that well enough, but if anyone would like more information please ask!

Good luck to anyone who wants to apply!

Last edited:
I would be interested in becoming a Director. While I may not seem particullaly active on FM-Base. I am quite good at Football Manager, including securing a football club's finances and rebuilding them from large debts and unmanageable outgoings (as Ipswich Town) into a side that can win the Premier League.

I'm interested in becoming a director, I like saves where I have to be careful with my finances and still succeed

could you maybe give me more detailed information on being a director like about that meeting thing?

Last edited:
I'd also quite like to be a director, I feel that financial management is probably the second most important aspect of Football Manager (behind winning, of course!) and I think I am quite good at identifying low cost targets and replacements for overpaid/overrated players.

I'm interested in becoming a director, I like saves where I have to be careful with my finances and still succeed

could you maybe give me more detailed information on being a director like about that meeting thing?

There will be many at the start of each season, discussing transfer targets, expectations, affiliations etc. There will be another one in January, discussing our managers performance + transfer targets. There will also be emergency ones depending on our managers performance.

I'm interested in becoming a director. I had a save where I was careful with my finances and still win trophies.

Forgot to mention, although I probably should have done, I finished third in the first season with Fulham by basically replacing any player on a wage of £40k+ per week with players on a maximum of £20k

Does the Director need to have hamachi? I have been unable to download it yet but I have steam and I could try downloading hamachi again if you decide you want me as a director! I'd love to be a part of this!

I have a story on here based on the SM Advanced challenge. Taking over Pennarossa and reached professional status within 5 years and got to the CL group stages within 4 years as semi-pro! http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng-s-s-pennarossa-champions-league-glory.html

If you take a few quick glances you'll see I'm great with finances and am able to ensure the club doesn't stray from making a profit every season, as well as meeting board targets. I have an extensive knowledge of players in FM12 as I find scouting knowledge vital to improve the team's fortunes in the future. I prefer trying to bring in youngsters that have the potential to become a key player in the first team squad. I also don't like to over-pay for transfers or wages so will be strict in that regard, but am able to see the benefit of adding 'certain' star players to the squad that would help us reach our goals (whether that be staying up, european qualification or title challengers!).

Thanks for the interest so far. Surprised no one is interested in being manager yet though! I will give people until tomorrow to apply for director

Thanks for the interest so far. Surprised no one is interested in being manager yet though! I will give people until tomorrow to apply for director

I would definitely also be interested in manager, but I've never written a story on here before, and am worried that if I did, it would be boring as f***

I would like to throw my name in for director. I have quite knowledgeable about how football. Won Double (league and CL) with anji first season. Promoted Blackpool First season with over 100 points. Got past europa group stages with aberdeen first season. Believe in making profit and producing youth players while playing attractive football. Won the league with Man utd. Promoted 2 seasons in a row with peterhead. Have also delt with situations where teams have underperformed and turned it around like my anji season.

Would also be interested in being the manager but id need somebody to help me write the stories.

I am certainly also applying for the Director role. Sounds very interesting, and seems like a very demanding and challenging "job".

When i start my own Manager saves i always act like i am the director. That means i dont just set the team and win matches, i tend to do everything possible to create a winning machine. To do that i need continuity, so with me on board, i want the to have a specific style of play, specific kind of player types that suits not only the tactic, but also the club.
I want to do my best to find the greates talents around the world, and i am not afraid of selling players to generate profit.
Economy and Clubs goes hand in hand these times, so profit is essential.

Past experience, i tried on few occasions to create stories, with teams like C.E Hospitalet, with a history, and with a specific goal, to outclass another Catalan team, Barcelona.
I play Football Manager too often, in school aswell, so i have plenty of time, and in every save i experiments on how to make the greatest profit, create the best tactics and find the biggest talents.

I hope i am qualified, it sounds very exciting nonetheless :)

Bump, any more interest in this?

I'd love to be a director but how will it work with steam? Will we just go on and chat through Steam chat or each have a copy of the game running when we have meetings? I've been having some performance issues lately when running Steam and playing any game so it could cause huge lag issues for me.

Back