FM-Base Chairman and Manager Game

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 8K
First of all may I add that it is an honour to be accepted with the role of director. I look forward to working with each of you and hopefully we can turn whichever club we choose into a force to be reckoned with in europe!

I've had a look at a few clubs and I'd say there are a few clubs that I think we should consider looking at. I've listed them below and worked out what funds we'd have left to play with;

League 1
Doncaster Rovers - valued at £5.5 million - £19.5 million for transfers and wages.
Scunthorpe United - valued at £3.9 million (500k debt) - £20.6 million for transfers and wages.
Notts County - valued at £3.7 million - £21.3 million for transfers and wages.

Championship
Leeds - valued at £23.5 million - £1.5 million for transfers and wages.
Birmingham - valued at £18.75 million (4mil debt) - £1.75 million for transfers and wages.
Burnley - valued at £18.25 million - £6.75 million for transfers and wages.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these clubs and if you'd recommend any other clubs.

Cheers,
Director Tezzz.

First of all may I add that it is an honour to be accepted with the role of director. I look forward to working with each of you and hopefully we can turn whichever club we choose into a force to be reckoned with in europe!

I've had a look at a few clubs and I'd say there are a few clubs that I think we should consider looking at. I've listed them below and worked out what funds we'd have left to play with;

League 1
Doncaster Rovers - valued at £5.5 million - £19.5 million for transfers and wages.
Scunthorpe United - valued at £3.9 million (500k debt) - £20.6 million for transfers and wages.

Championship
Birmingham - valued at £18.75 million (4mil debt) - £1.75 million for transfers and wages.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these clubs and if you'd recommend any other clubs.

Cheers,
Director Tezzz.
I like the idea of Scunthorpe and Notts County, one it gives the owners more money to expand quickly and it's more of a challenge!!

Two old teams that need to reach the big time again for old times "for gods" sake

Last edited:

League 1

Championship

Cheers,
Director Tezzz.

Excellent list here buddy. Im going to narrow it down to just the 3 League 1 teams. So please vote now.

Do we take over Doncaster Rovers, Scunthorpe United or Notts County?

My Vote is Notts Country

Scunthorpe United

(a vote from a very disgruntled applicant for the Director position)

As a director, I vote Notts County, a club with a very long and proud history. With £21.3m, we could add significant quality to what is already a very good League One squad, and really take it a long way, to the very top quite possibly.

Thanks for reading,
Jamo456

I also vote Notts County, as I think that Scunthorpe would be extremely difficult, and Doncaster would be too easy (As both are on the way down or up respectively! :)), so Notts is bang in the middle! :D

I'm going to place my vote on Doncaster. I feel that they have the best quality of players should be going up at the first time of asking.

I agree that this may be the easiest option but I also believe that this is a business run world.

Cheers,
Director Tezzz

I'm going to place my vote on Doncaster. I feel that they have the best quality of players should be going up at the first time of asking.

I agree that this may be the easiest option but I also believe that this is a business run world.

Cheers,
Director Tezzz
Is that everyone voted now?? Can we get this thing started I want to know the club so i can do the CV... I'm thinking former england international retired and currently working outside of professional coaching, he has expressed his desire to return to the game and really wants to earn his place in football management. He also would offer great opportunities to link up with former colleagues, with rumours of parent club possibilities.

Thank you for voting everyone.

After the vote, it has been decided we will be taking over Notts County. I will be making a new story thread shortly and I will put a link in this thread. This thread will now become a discussion thread for the game, while the other thread will be just for the story.

Now comes that time where all you managers can start applying for the job! All you have to do is PM me your "CV". You can lay it out however you like, and include whatever information you like, Which ever one my directors and I feel are most suitable, we will move forward for an interview process.

Thanks everyone and good luck
iamauser

Thank you for voting everyone.

After the vote, it has been decided we will be taking over Notts County. I will be making a new story thread shortly and I will put a link in this thread. This thread will now become a discussion thread for the game, while the other thread will be just for the story.

Now comes that time where all you managers can start applying for the job! All you have to do is PM me your "CV". You can lay it out however you like, and include whatever information you like, Which ever one my directors and I feel are most suitable, we will move forward for an interview process.

Thanks everyone and good luck
iamauser

Wouldn't it be better if they sent the CV to all 4 of us? (You can send a message to more than one person at a time)

Wouldn't it be better if they sent the CV to all 4 of us? (You can send a message to more than one person at a time)

Or that, I was just going to forward them to you all anyway.

Please list the final choices for Directors and Chairman, so I can forward my CV over later.

Many Thanks

Had some really good CVs so far. Much more than I was expecting! Especially as I gave you no input at all. Going to be a tough decision I think.

Keep them coming everyone :)

Had some really good CVs so far. Much more than I was expecting! Especially as I gave you no input at all. Going to be a tough decision I think.

Keep them coming everyone :)
When do you reckon we will have a decision?

Back