FM Base Challenge Thoughts,Comments & Idea's

Kris

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So we have almost finished our 3rd monthly challenge now and i thought i would ask for some feedback.

How do you feel they are coming along? what can be changed improved? If you don't do the challenges why not?

With FM10 coming out very soon should next months challenge be the last until everyone gets used to fm10? or should we just keep going but maybe make it big sides?

I was thinking about making the September challenge a national challenge?

Thanks

Kris

Meh, the only reason I didn't do the last one was because it was Linfield and I simply did not wish to play with an Irish team. No real reason. The challenges are fine.

However I do find it unfortunate that there is no way of stopping potential cheating as other people's single player games can not possibly be monitored.

Well i liked them very much and alot of fun :) i only did 2 of them happy vally and this one :p and never got to the end of them for some reason

Ways to improve them hmm tough 1 as they are already very good maybe adding 1 or 2 more ways you can get points if you no what i mean

when fm10 comes out maybe leave it 2-3 weeks so people can get to no the new fm ect ect and then make a new challenge

september challenge hmm not sure about a national challenge but your the boss

I enjoy the challenges but usually get side tracked early on by another save or a LLM.
I think if you could maybe do one that's like a team in league 1 or 2 and try and bring them to success, like Accrington Stanley, Bradford or STOCKPORT COUNTY :p
a national challenge sounds alright, but maybe that should be done as a bonus because playin as a nation only tends to get boring.

Cheers guys :) If you holiday in between squad selections international games are rather fun i think but if nobody else fancies it i wont bother.

Only problem with lower league sides is that it can take a while.

yeahh Lower Leagues do tend to take a while, maybe Q.P.R for the September one? I've got a few saves with them which I enjoyed quite alot :)

I love the challenges myself.. this Linfield one was the Second i finished.. I think they should continue a little bit after the new FM is out untill people are all uptodate with the new game, then switch it over to FM10.. I know it took me ages to get used to FM09.. in fact at first i didnt like it at all.. But then ive said that about most new versions lol

Anyways.. next month.. National teams could be good.. I think i would rather something differnt tho.. as i have managed national teams in the game.. I enjoy the challenges as they are usualy something differnt to what i normaly would play :)

i personally think when fm10 comes out you should do a new challenge on release day that way it will be more of a challenge, i think it should be premiership and you have to be either, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Westham or Fulham... aiming to break into the top 4 possibly winning the league and pther cups... wot u think???

Yea i am thinking teams like Rangers,Celtic,Man Utd,Barca

Teams that might be 'too easy' on fm09 but nobody will be settled with fm10 so will make a good effort

Why don't you design a challenge where you manage a national team but they have to be at least 100th in the World Rankings and then see if you can can get them to a competition?
Or manage the likes of Stoke,Hull,Burnley,Birmingham and guide them to safety but your not allowed to buy any players or you have to buy free agents?

Need more Idea's for this last fm09 challenge please and i will put them to a vote

An idea could be you holiday a season til there is ten games to go and upload the save on here and we have to take over the bottom team and try and get them to saftey (if possible of course if not the second team etc... ) and have points for place finished, most points accumlated in ten games, most goals scored in ten game least conceded etc... think that would be fun

Why don't you release all players on the editor and then take over a club like Hull or Stoke but you are only allowed to buy players which are under 21 and over 30.
Or you could manage Man City but your not allowed to spend more than 20million.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Or you could do a Sleeping Giants challenge where you do a poll of big but under-performing teams such as AS Monaco and Deportivo and try to restore them to their former glory

yeah i did the linfield one and found it very interesting and a national challenge sounds great keep up th good work!

maybe a big team like united,lpool,chelsea,ardenal but u have to sell all ur player and only buy players u21:)

I like the challenges. Makes you learn of newer teams and players. The Happy Valley challenge a prime example IMO.

As for FM10...I deffo think you should do the big teams...Man Utd or Barcelona and see how well you can do in two seasons or something like that.

BTW...any idea when I might receive my award for the July challenge? :eek:

Use fake players and manage an international team of ranked 20 plus