Godfish93

Reaction score
FM Base League

View attachment 236360

FM Base needs a league. More importantly, the players of the world need new clubs. I'm looking for 20 players to join what will be hopefully an ongoing league to see who will become the best player on FM Base.

Read carefully here. As you will see from the sign up form, I require you to pick a base country. There are ten base countries, and 2 players will be able to pick one country. But what does it mean I hear you ask? Well, it affects the way you approach the auction. You will not be able to bid for players that come from the base country you selected. I.E, a base selection of England would mean you are unable to bid for Rooney. Your base selection will also affect the reserve players that you will have alongside the players you buy. All your reserve players will be uncapped players from that nation.

The base countries are as followed:

Argentina (x1), Belgium (x1), Brazil, England (taken), France (taken), Germany, Italy (taken), Netherlands (taken), Portugal (taken), Spain

What I need from you:

Name: (Your Username only, easier for me to track)
Base Country:
Timezone:

First 10 players will enter in to the Premier League, with the second 10 entered into the Championship. There will also be a cup competition. All competitions will be explained in a seperate post.

Disclaimer: Should you be inactive, or fail to complete a suitable amount of games, you are liable to being replaced.

Last edited:
Auction

The way the auction will work is so very simple. You will have a budget determined on your league position from the previous season, and your performance in the cup. You will then have the opportunity to bid on players in a list format that will be posted on here. Bids will be sent to me via PM, and are required to be in within 24 hours of me posting the auction list.

There will be 2 rounds per auction. You are expected to garner a minimum of 15 players from the auction, with a maximum of 25. You must make a minimum amount of bids determined by how many players you have in your current squad. For the first round of the first auction, you are expected to bid for 15 minimum.

If you exceed the budget you have to spend, or if you make too many bids, then I will be cancelling your most expensive bids. You have been warned.

If you do not win enough bids, i.e your squad is not big enough, then the minimum price per player will still be deducted from your auction budget at the end of the auction. Any unspent budget will carry over for the next season.

As explained previously, you cannot bid for countries of your base nation.

The minimum bid for each player is 200k, and the prices go up in 100k intervals.

In the case of a tied bid on a player, only the players that have tied will be eligible to rebid.

Contract Renewals

At the end of each season, you will be required to renew the internationals in your team. The way this works is as follows:

500k or less auction price - renewal cost of 500k

Higher than 500k equates to the price paid at auction.

You are required to make a minimum of 6 renewals at the end of the season. You can renew as many as you like, but remember that this will come out of your auction budgets for that season.

Additions to this process will be added in future seasons, as will a transfer window.

Last edited:
League

There will be two divisions. You will play each person in your division once. To set up your fixture, set the game up as a versus-cup final. By doing that, it negates the requirement for dealing with home/away.

Premier League

1st wins the league, and guarantees Champions League football in the next season.
2nd -
CL qualification if 1st wins either the cup/CL/EL
3rd -
CL qualification 2 of the 3 of CL/EL and Cup winners already qualify through league position.
4th - CL qualification if all 3 of CL/EL and Cup winners already qualify through league position.
5th-7th - Mid Table
8th - Relegation/Promotion Playoff
9th/10th - Relegated

Championship

1st/2nd - Promoted
3rd - Relegation/Promotion Playoff
4th and lower - Championship next season

Leagues are sorted on goal difference, then head to head in case of ties.

Cup

There will be 5 groups of 4, randomly drawn. The top 5 in these groups qualify for the Quarter Finals, alongside the 3 best finishing teams after that (Note: the 3 best finishers don't have to be 2nd in group)

Quarters onwards is a knockout tournament. Draws after 90 mins in the knockout stage go to ET and pens.

Champions League/Europa League

(Not Season 1)

10 teams in each tournament. 1,2 and 3 from the PL all qualify automatically, as does the winner of the cup. If the cup winner also qualifies through the league, then 4th also gets auto qualification.

This changes for the end of season 2. CL and EL winners are given priority over 2nd and 3rd in the PL should they not already qualify through the league.

For any teams that don't qualify automatically, they go into an unseeded playoff to decide which competition they are in.

For the first season, everyone goes into an unseeded playoff.

For both tournaments, there will be two groups of 5. The top two from each group qualify for the semis.

The semi finals will be two legs, and will have a predetermined home/away allocation for each match. Away goals are in effect. Should away goals not affect the result, then golden goal is enforced. Golden goal is worked out by first to score in a one off match.

All matches must have screenshots to prove the result. No screenshot - matches won't stand.

There will also be small awards for top league scorer among other things, these will be decided post auction.

FMBL History

Last edited:
Name: (Will do one when I get home)
Base Country: Netherlands
Timezone: GMT

Name: AW190
Base Country: Italy

Last edited:
Name: PeakeEe
Base Country: England
Timezone: CET

Last edited:
Again guys, "Name" just equates to being your username only. Also, the Dutch base is no longer available, 2 selected.

"Best player on FmBase" ... Kinda what the FMBWC is supposed to be? But hey, I'm all for more competitions good luck mate :)

Name: (Your Username only, easier for me to track) Nomadic
Base Country: Argentina

"Best player on FmBase" ... Kinda what the FMBWC is supposed to be? But hey, I'm all for more competitions good luck mate :)

Something different. WC is only one format, FM Base league encompasses 3 different formats with a differing auction format as well.

Name: Matt419
Base Country: Portugal

So if I understand this right, it means I won't be able to bid on anyone from Portugal, right?

All these competitions, there isn't going to be one single best player on FM Base is there?

So is it anyone based in the same nation as we are or anyone of that nationality?

So is it anyone based in the same nation as we are or anyone of that nationality?

Anyone of that nationality that is on the auction list. Doesn't matter where they were originally based.