FM-Base - Mafia game sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Hellooooo FM-basers,

I have played a mafia game on another forum, and it seems to run quite well, so I think I will start one up in here and see how it goes depending on sign ups etc.

If you are unsure what a mafia game is, you can read about it here: Quick Guide to Mafia - MafiaWiki

I imagine many of you have played the normal offline version of the game, so it's pretty simple, but with a bit of a twist. Read up on that wiki page to get an idea of what you will be doing, the do's and don'ts of mafia games and generally how to win the game.

So I will be looking for around 20 people. Ideally looking for people with 500+ posts, mainly because this game requires activity. The Day periods will generally last 48 hours, with the night periods 24 hours. Again, read the guidelines above if you have no idea what it's about.

Once I have enough people, I will start the game. The roles will be Football manager related and the rules are as follows:

1. No talking outside of the thread, unless you are part of the mafia QT. (see here)
2. Do not post any quotes from your opening PM’s, the mafia QT, or any other QT there might possibly be. Use you own words.
3. Do not claim your character. However you are allowed claim role and results
4. Be as civil as possible
6. Phases may be shorter or longer depending on lynches, activity and whether I'm around to post them.
7. Don't edit your posts
8. Don't post after you're dead, until the game ends.
9. Failed kills won't be in the night write up
10. Any other rules that are common sense... AKA Rules - MafiaWiki

So yeah, if you are interested, then please post on here. :)

1. Mike
2. Godcubed
3. Kezza96
4. epic terrorist

(I will be running the game, obviously not playing! :) )

Cheers

Last edited:
If this starts after Friday, then I will play! I will have to read the rules so I fully understand it but I'm sure I can do that!

If this starts after Friday, then I will play! I will have to read the rules so I fully understand it but I'm sure I can do that!

Depends on sign ups, but I imagine the first day would be next Monday anyway, as I don't have much access to FM-Base on the weekends.

Depends on sign ups, but I imagine the first day would be next Monday anyway, as I don't have much access to FM-Base on the weekends.
That's perfect for me, I guess I'll sign up.

Oh **** yes Dunc. Good man, I was thinking of doing one myself. I'm in.

Sounds fun, let's hope it last longer than The FID Project.
I'm in btw :)

Sounds fun, let's hope it last longer than The FID Project.
I'm in btw :)

Many of us still play FID, in fact, I am the President of the world on that game :)

Could do with at least 15 players really, but could probably get by with 10.

Many of us still play FID, in fact, I am the President of the world on that game :)

Could do with at least 15 players really, but could probably get by with 10.
Very nice. I have decent character in semi-active league (Spain), so this aren't that bad as they were when we started as FM Base. Even though game is pretty much ****, I still play it. It became a habit. And I'm writing this just to bump this thread.

Very nice. I have decent character in semi-active league (Spain), so this aren't that bad as they were when we started as FM Base. Even though game is pretty much ****, I still play it. It became a habit. And I'm writing this just to bump this thread.

Ah, me and Tirath used to play in Spain but the team kind of died. Shame, but some idiot users in there.

Also, bump.

Would like to get involved....i have around 530 posts, So i qualify right?

Ah, me and Tirath used to play in Spain but the team kind of died. Shame, but some idiot users in there.

Also, bump.
Yep, we had chance for wining the title this year, then our best CB decided to leave with his two character, and we ended up loosing the race cuz we couldn't find good enough CD. Also, One man team's is ******* me off. Fid supposed to be team game.
Bump.

Not looking like this is going to happen. Could do with at least 10 players.

Isn't this the sort of lame thing the IRC crew would be up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.