• FM Base Champions League

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Reaction score
Ok Guys time for the September Challenge. Now i had a few (what i though anyway) amazing idea's for this months challenge...i added a few of the traditional challenges aswell incase nobody fancies my idea's

England 100 year of hurt...bla bla bla try and win the world cup for England so you can all fuzz about that for the next 50 years

Croatia Remeber when they got to the semi's of France 98 ? Can you take them to the World Cup in a group which also has England...if so how well can you do when there?

Paraguay South American qualification is never easy....what can you do at the world cup if you qualify

Tottenham Using the version 7 or whatever the latest update is. Can you get into the top 4 with Spurs or even a shock title challenge?

Roma With Ac Milan,Inter and Juventus in your league...it might be a challenge to win the Italian league after 1 season with Roma

Genoa How high can you finish with the Italian side or can you bring some cup glory?

Villareal Try to win the Spanish league and maybe get some European Success with Villareal

The Sir Bobby Robson Challenge In Honour of the late Sir Bobby Robson. The Aim
To mirror the managerial career of Bobby Robson, whilst matching and in some cases bettering his achievements.

Starting Status
Fulham Manager
Past Experience: International Footballer
Database Size: Any
Game Start Date: England (July 08)

Selected Leagues
England – Championship +
Holland– Jupiler league +
Portugal- Liga Vitalis+
Spain- BBVA +

The Challenge

Step 1.Fulham – After starting as Fulham you are to establish yourself as a manager by achieving an position of 8th or better in the EPL.

Step 2.Ipswich Town – This is the stepping-stone to your stardom, You must then take the job Ipswich Town (through application or declaring interest only). Then you must (if in championship get promoted first) in the EPL get Ipswich Town into Europe, and win the FA Cup. When in Europe and the hardest of them all win the Uefa Cup or better with them(not all in one season ) before moving to step 3.

Step 3.PSV Eindhoven – This is where it could get a bit tricky. You must then apply for the PSV Eindhoven job. During your time at PSV Eindhoven you must win the Dutch League Title back to back, J.C Shaal and again go one further than Bobby and get them into the quarter Finals of the Champions league (This doesn’t have to be achieved all in the one season.). Before you move to step 4.

Step 4.Sporting Lisbon – You must then move to Portugal and apply for the Sporting Lisbon job. Here you must win league with them, the Taca de Portugal and the Super taca, And go further then Bobby and win the Uefa cup or better (not all in 1 season)

Step 5. Porto – You then stay in Portugal and become manager of Porto where you must lead them to the league title back to back and the Taca de Portugal and the super taca . And go further then Bobby and win the Uefa cup or better, and win the Uefa supercup (not all in 1 season)

Step 6 Barcelona- Do one better than Bobby and lead them to league title, Then lead them to the Copa de Rey, Supercopa and Champions league glory and win the Uefa super cup and the Club World Championship (not all in one season).

Step 7 PSV Eindhoven - You return for your second stint at PSV Eindhoven. Do one better than Bobby and win the league, and the KNVB Beker then you lead them to uefa cup glory or better.(not all in one season)

Step 8 Newcastle United - Your final journey leads you back to where it all started apply for the Newcastle United job, You must better Bobby and win the EPL and the FA Cup and win the Uefa cup or better.(not all in one Season)

If you find that Ipswich Town are in the EPL already Consider yourself lucky. You must however still complete the other goals attached with the club.

At any time during the challenge you may apply for the English nation team job.

As England Manager you are to deliver international success to trophy-starved English fans by winning either the European Championships or the World Cup.

Rules

1. You must complete each step before moving on to the next. (the international goals can be done at anytime but must be offered the job)

2. If you'r sacked...game over

Obviously this challenge would take alot of time to complete so a work around would be needed.

Points would be awarded for every step completed.

The FM Base Champions League

This was my favourite idea. Can we find the ultimate FM Champion on the forums? The idea was to have groups of 4-5 (or more) depending on entries I really don't expect to get 32 people. Then set a league or club for everyone to go...ie everyone go to The Premiership and choose there own club so winning the league with stoke would be the same as with Man Utd...giving everyone a bit of freedom in who they want to manage...the aim is still to win more points than the others in your group...so really most people will go the big4...

Or we could all go the one side and the points system in groups applies....then the top 2-3 depending on group size go through to the next round and we keep going untill we have our champion of champions

I also propose no signings in this if we all go seperate sides...makes it fair to stop everyone going Man City and using there funds as an advantage

With The FM Base Champions League, you could allow transfers but you're not allowed to spend more than 20mill, but if you sell players you can use that money to buy more players. So basically your transfers in must be no more than 20mill more than your transfers out.
Also, who decides the groups we are in and how?

i don't get the champions league, can someone, explain it more please?

With The FM Base Champions League, you could allow transfers but you're not allowed to spend more than 20mill, but if you sell players you can use that money to buy more players. So basically your transfers in must be no more than 20mill more than your transfers out.
Also, who decides the groups we are in and how?

Yea we could do that aswell...if it wins we can decide after :) and i will draw the groups out a hat or something :p or someone can help me on msn or something like that

i don't get the champions league, can someone, explain it more please?

Well if it wins...just think of the normal Champions League...say we get 32 people taking part there will be 8 groups of 4 users and say we all manage Arsenal for one season...The points get added up for each group and the winner and runner up go through to the last 16 then say we go Liverpool the winner from each individual game will go into the q/f's and we go like that untill someone...me obv wins :)

like the champo league idea most. Either that or bobby robson idea.
Think should try a lower club for the final of champions league too

What database would we use for the champions league thing? I would prefer an updated database but its up to you.

I voted FM Base Champions League but i am still confuzed about it ha it just sounds good

can some 1 please explain

I voted FM Base Champions League but i am still confuzed about it ha it just sounds good

Just think of the normal Champions League...say we get 32 people taking part there will be 8 groups of 4 users and say we all manage Arsenal for one season...The points get added up for each group and the winner and runner up go through to the last 16 then say we go Liverpool the winner from each individual game will go into the q/f's and we go like that untill someone wins

One other question, are we going to change teams each round?

Fm base thing sounds cool, but i still like the bobby robson challenge more for some reason. It looks interesting but i doubt i'd have the time to do the challenge

What database would we use for the champions league thing? I would prefer an updated database but its up to you.

I would Prefer 9.0.3 since everyone will have that...would be unfair if everyone had different versions...but if everyone else wants an updated one i'll roll with that

don't want to be a dictator...but the organisor

Yea we could do that aswell...if it wins we can decide after :) and i will draw the groups out a hat or something :p or someone can help me on msn or something like that

Well if it wins...just think of the normal Champions League...say we get 32 people taking part there will be 8 groups of 4 users and say we all manage Arsenal for one season...The points get added up for each group and the winner and runner up go through to the last 16 then say we go Liverpool the winner from each individual game will go into the q/f's and we go like that untill someone...me obv wins :)

If that doesnt help then just say you,me,frankie hobbs and Tiraths are in a group and we all go Liverpool...then we will use my standard points system average rating,goals,cups won etc and i add up the points and it ends up like

Tiraths 90
DC9999 40
Kris 5
Frankie 3

then you and Tiraths will progress to the next round where say for example you play Sean and everyone goes Lyon then you would have to better his points tally to progress again

Just think of the normal Champions League...say we get 32 people taking part there will be 8 groups of 4 users and say we all manage Arsenal for one season...The points get added up for each group and the winner and runner up go through to the last 16 then say we go Liverpool the winner from each individual game will go into the q/f's and we go like that untill someone wins

One other question, are we going to change teams each round?

Yea a different club for each round :)

How will you know how many people will play this, because unless everyone writes on this thread or something, you wont know.

If that doesnt help then just say you,me,frankie hobbs and Tiraths are in a group and we all go Liverpool...then we will use my standard points system average rating,goals,cups won etc and i add up the points and it ends up like

Tiraths 90
DC9999 40
Kris 5
Frankie 3

then you and Tiraths will progress to the next round where say for example you play Sean and everyone goes Lyon then you would have to better his points tally to progress again

two things to say, call me hobbsy for short ;)
and Does everyone in every group be the same team, or are the different groups different team, maybe if your drawn in group a you be arsenal b for barca or summit

what numbers are you expecting for this and is there a prize??

Last edited:
The Sir Bobby Robson challenge seems, at least to me, a bit complicated.

The Champion's League idea strikes me as a good one, if some decent rules could be established.

I'll vote for the champ's league one I think.

How will you know how many people will play this, because unless everyone writes on this thread or something, you wont know.

Well if it wins i will create a new thread and ask people to put there names fw. Draw the groups and if i dont get there results then no points for them :)

two things to say, call me hobbsy for short ;)
and Does everyone in every group be the same team, or are the different groups different team, maybe if your drawn in group a you be arsenal b for barca or summit

what numbers are you expecting for this and is there a prize??

As always there will be a prize...if people want a different club for each group then thats cool but it might get confusing

ill help you kris :)

Danny you seem to know everyone so advetise this as much as. the more people that take part the better....if the champs league wins

ill put it in my sig, shall i post this as the link??

Status
Not open for further replies.