Lippo255

Reaction score
FM Base Story Awards 2016 & General Story Chat Thread.

2016 FM-Base Story Awards.

Hello all & welcome to the 2016 FM Base story awards thread. Its a bit early I know, but I wanted to get the news out there that this will be running again this year as I think it is an important motivator for people to keep their fantastic stories alive & kicking as well as to encourage people to start new stories.

Now, as we all know, last year kind of petered out as I stepped away & Lewie attempted to pick up the slack. A big thanks to Lewie for that by the way.

Having had time to think, I have decided to once again take the reigns as I whole heartedly believe in the concept & think that its important that the people who put an incredible amount of effort, not to mention their valuable time, into doing the stories that we all love to read deserve to be recognised.

For that reason, I am completely committed to seeing this through & making it the best that it can be!

I have however learnt a few lesson's from what happened last year so I've decided to keep things simple this time around.

Firstly, the awards given will be kept at a minimum. While it would be great to do a diverse number of categories, the time commitment it would take to do so is just too much for me. Hence the categories awarded will be limited to 5-8 depending on interest. I will leave the non-negotiable categories below.

Story of the year.

Presentation.

Writing.

Newcomer.

Multi-player.

Dedicated Follower

Secondly, I have decided to do away with the judging panel & declare myself Judge Judy & executioner. Now, before you say: "Hey man, that's too much power for one person!" let me explain.

The logistics of organising even 2 or 3 people from different parts of the world to express an opinion or give their thoughts Is just too time consuming, I think Lewie will testify to this. So, I will be making the final call on all nominee's. That's not to say I wont seek advice but I wont limit myself to who I seek it from.

As far as number of nominee's for each category, I am thinking of expanding. Say 8 for SotY, 5 for the others? I think we can all agree that, even at this early stage, the number of quality stories out there has risen dramatically this year so it seems logical to me that the number of nominee's should increase?

Also, as a bit of a change of policy, I would like people to feel free to plug their story in this thread or to recommend a great story that you are enjoying at the moment or don't feel is getting enough attention. There are so many good ones out there, I know I struggle to keep up so a link or a recommendation would come in very handy.

OK, so I think that's about it. My first question to people is: The early birds, yay or nah? If so when? If not why?

Thanks for reading.​

Last edited:
Woo! It was kinda hard to do all of those stuff Lippo said, I can testify. I say we start around April-May time for the Early Bird Awards (If they're wanted, of course) then do the End-of-Season one around October

Psh, you guys think coordinating between 2-3 people is bad, try 15 (FMBWC) or even 21 (American Premier League)

#FMBWCcomingsoon #APL-biggestfailure #APLmaybeagain?

Holy ****! Was just doing some lazy browsing when I realised we already have a story with over 500 replies, Great effort by Saintmotbot. & 2 more closing in on that mark, xjamie & brendn. Its only just December!

Thats some commitment right there, well done guys!

The way I'm going I'll be lucky to hit 500 replies for the year. Had the game since beta release & still havent cracked 60 hours! :'(

Holy ****! Was just doing some lazy browsing when I realised we already have a story with over 500 replies, Great effort by Saintmotbot. & 2 more closing in on that mark, xjamie & brendn. Its only just December!

Thats some commitment right there, well done guys!

The way I'm going I'll be lucky to hit 500 replies for the year. Had the game since beta release & still havent cracked 60 hours! :'(

Sometimes you just cant get the time can you!? Plus your updates look like they're taking much more time than last years with that detail in them!

I feel the general support of Base doesn't seem as big as it was with last years versions, many stories don't have many people commenting anymore so this year feels a bit strange to me!

Sometimes you just cant get the time can you!? Plus your updates look like they're taking much more time than last years with that detail in them!

I feel the general support of Base doesn't seem as big as it was with last years versions, many stories don't have many people commenting anymore so this year feels a bit strange to me!

I hear you mate. I know i havent been as supportive this year as i have in the past.

Still. There does seem to be a lot of good stories getting about this year though. I'm struggling to keep track of them all actually.