FM Base Story of the Year

*James*

Modern Day Leg End
Reaction score
Right, now I know there has already been a thread for this by Eds-99 (here) but I have discussed it with him and he has given me permission to start a new thread with the same aim, but mainly because I, and many others, believed that not every story was given a fair chance, down to the fact that the poll and nominations were not sustained for long enough.

Mods, if you think the old thread was sufficient, feel free to close this, but I think, with just 39 voters on the old poll, we should try again, giving the thread more time at the top of the recent threads list.

We may well reach the same outcome, with the same stories winning, but I think it would be better and more satisfying for those involved if they won with a larger number of votes. So here are my slightly adjusted rules for this competition:

There will be two separate periods to the competition, a nominating period and a voting period. Each will last substantially longer than on Ed's thread.

NOMINATION PERIOD
  • Each member may nominate two stories. If the member lists more than two stories in a post, the first two stories mentioned will be taken. Links would be helpful as well.
  • A member may not nominate his own story.
  • A story needs five nominations from five different members to be placed on the voting list.
  • Once a member has nominated, he may not nominate again, nor change his first nominations, because this will make the proceedings too complicated.
  • The nomination period will last from Sunday 12th September 2010 (time of post) until Saturday 25th September 2010. This is almost a two week period for nominations to come in.

VOTING PERIOD
  • Those stories with five different nominations will be put on the voting list. (The leaderboard below will show the stories nominated for and how many they have got. Stories in red have qualified for the voting list, stories in grey still need more nominations to qualify.
  • Each member will be allowed to vote for one story.
  • I am not going to say that you can't vote for your own story because that is too hard to control, but I will make the poll public, so that if you do have that kind of vanity, everyone will know about it. ;)
  • The voting period will last from Sunday 26th September until Saturday the 16th October. This is almost a three week period for voting, bringing us up to almost the release of FM 2011.

Cockfosters to Premier League by Astonmatu (13)
It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This! by Dan (10)
Being Bastian... (A Bayern Munich Story) by Carine, (9)
Tottenham - A Jolly good time! by Harry Ramsey (8)
Slaying the Dragons - The English Youth Academyby Eds 99 (7)
Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson: From East Stirlingshire to Old Trafford by KingEric (7)
Memoirs of a Slovak, by Kris ( 6)
Extracts from a Thought,by Mike. ( 6)
20 years, 19 seasons, a fresh start: The Premier League story by iNickStuff (6 )
Dan's East European Adventure by Pompey_Dan ( 6)
'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Storyby Chris (5)
Cultural Leonesa:by Jake (5)
DMF: The Wizard of Wolfsburg/Enigma of England by DMF (4)
Pompey Dan in the Lions Den by Pompey Dan (3)
I walked into a Dreamland by Nick Main (3)
"A Hardman Winger?" The Career of Theirry Zvunka, by djh1878 (3)
Taking on the Nation with so much to expect by *James* (2)
La Albiceleste - Life after God by pistolped7 (2)
Wagner Love - A SpVgg Bayreuth Story by Micky Pain (2)
Espanyol - The Royal Spanish Sports Club by Mike (2)
Reaching Stella Heights : Brewed In Belgium by fuelledbypassion (2)
Outsiders Auction Game, by tiraths (1)
The Auction Game Story - End of 2nd Season, by tiraths (1)
Matt Teague: Never Toulouse Again by TheMjt (1)
A Irishman In Charge Of England by Burkie7 (1)
Ethiopia: Rise of the Third World Minnows by King Eric (1)
The Journeyman and the Devotee by Chris and Kylo (1)
Kevin A'Court - It all comes to and end by DaSiimM (1)
________________________________​

Good luck to all of the stories and authors, and may the best one win. Thanks again to Eds-99 for letting me do this thread, and hopefully the mods will let it remain open.

If your story has been nominated, and it is still open, I will leave a post in it notifying you. If it goes even further onto the voting list, I will again post on the story.​

Last edited:
Dan's "It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!" and Kris' "Memoirs of a Slovak - Chapter 1".

Doubt you'll get many stories if we're only allowed two nominations each and you want five nominations for a story to qualify.

Dan's "It's Hammertime! Can't Touch This!" and Kris' "Memoirs of a Slovak - Chapter 1".

Doubt you'll get many stories if we're only allowed two nominations each and you want five nominations for a story to qualify.

I'll down the pass rate to four. :)

Since we're allowed two, I'd like to vote for the Thierry Zvunka story, I'll find a link for you just now.

It's Hammertime! Can't Touch been a fan of it from day one great story :)

I shall nominate Eds-99 Slaying The Dragons for now, best story by a mile in my opinion, but I'll have to have a think about my second nomination!