Mkmillwall

Reaction score
View attachment 238897
FM-Base World Cup

Hey guys, I think this is one of the coolest ideas I've had in a long time. Most of you may know me as the great idea guy that always fizzles out (i.e. Zidane's XI, APL, and Buckingham FC). But, I think I finally found the idea that I can rely on to complete. Unsurprisingly, this is probably the most complicated project yet. But, the great part is that it relies on you, and so I'm motivated to complete this and possibly make this a yearly tradition. My project is called the FM-Base World Cup. I drew inspiration from the FM-Base Ashes and Knockout Cup. Basically, this will hopefully become the premier versus tournament on the forum here. I hope you guys register, and let me know if you have any questions!

Format:
This tournament is like any group stage+knockout tournament. There will be one leg in each group and knockout stage fixture, like the real world cup. Depending on interest, this competition will have between 16-32 members (That's right!) ((EDIT: Every edition will have 16 members from now on!). Games will be played in versus mode, and I will announce fixtures (as well as the draw etc. following registration and team selection). The format for the competition will be 4 groups of 4 teams, with each team playing the other teams in their groups once. Then, the top two teams from the groups will be pooled into one big table, and the higher seeded teams play the lower seeded ones in the quarter finals (for example of this competition mode, see the Heineken Cup). Now, to register yourself and make your team, you must fill out the form below. You may be wondering, how will I pick my squad? Well, the answer to that is a draft. The order you are in the draft will be based on a randomly generated order, and the draft will work in a snake system, with the team with the last pick getting the first pick in the next round. You can literally pick whichever player is available, and the way to pick is that I will send you a PM saying that it's your pick and when you respond you get that pick and I post the pick on this thread (there are 10 rounds, round 1 having one player picked, rounds 2-6 having 2 players picked, and rounds 7-10 having 3 players picked. IF a player misses a round i.e. they don't pick in the 12 hours allotted to them, they can reclaim that/those pick(s) at any point, however they will not have the opportunity to choose from the players that were available at the time of their pick but now are not). NOTE: I intend for this game to last until the release of FM16, so please sign up ONLY if you know you will be committed for this time period and will take the game seriously. I anticipate the signup period to take up a few days, then the draft to take another week and a half, and then the tournament to begin (groups will be assigned after the first round of the draft/fixtures will be assigned the day after the draft and the day before group play/trading will occur the day after the draft and the day before group play). This really will be a test to see who the best FM player on this site is. This is why I invite every type of FM-Base member, whether you are an observer, strict story poster, or alternative (BaP, Versus Gamer) story poster as well (you just have to be dedicated). Games will be played on versus mode(injuries in game will carry over one match as will red cards), and you must take a screenshot of the final score and send it to me via PM (however, you must schedule the games on your time) Each round will take up a certain period of time (likely a week per round), and if you have not reported the score by then, then the score is counted as a 0-0 draw (However, if you are on vacation or something, let me know and I will see what I can do. I'm super pumped and I hope you guys are too! Below is the registration form for you and your team :). Again, if you have any questions or any suggestions on how to run this from a thread or technical standpoint, please let me know! Let's get going :), and may the best FMer win!

Registration Form (you will have to make your own team in your own editor/we will be using the January Transfers Database, not any LFC Marshall updates because of attribute differences):
Team Name:
Steam Username:
Time Zone:
*you will need to make all the other details of the team yourself, and make sure to add all of your 23 players correctly.

Registered Members:
1. Mkmillwall - PFC Sporting
2. Lewie 100 - Living on FM FC
3. Bornexplorer88 - Multiple Scoregasm FC
4. Brendn - Mendez Marauders
5. Znik - The Angry Burritos
6. Stonecold - Blink-1 Eto'o
7. Disclaimer89 - Out_on_Bale
8. CraigWL - Carlisle City FC
9. Nomadic - Spartak Bosco
10. AW190 - Gegenpressers FC
11. Matt419 - Matt's Maestros
12. Yiliang99 - Sunlight Sky
13. Lippo255 - Lippo's Losers
14. Taskers01 - Wanyama's In Pyjamas
15. xJamieWilliams - Waka Waka
16. Yeti01 - Stuntcock FC

Guides:
Versus Mode -
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...32584-football-manager-base-world-cup-85.html
Editing - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...32584-football-manager-base-world-cup-84.html

Last edited:
Draft

Order:

1. Brendn
  2. xJamieWilliams
  3. Lewie100
  4. Taskers01
  5. Bornexplorer88
  6. Stonecold
  7. Matt419
  8. Yeti01
  9. Znik
  10. Yiliang99
  11. AW190
  12. Disclaimer89
  13. Lippo255
  14. Mkmillwall
  15. CraigWL
  16. Nomadic
Selected Players:

1. Brendn(Mendez Marauders):
Lionel Messi(1)Sergio Busquets(2)Gianluigi Buffon(2)John Terry(3)Bastian Schweinsteiger(3)Raheem Sterling(4)Antoine Griezmann(4)Jordan Henderson(5)Marek Hamsik(5)Adriano Claro( 6)Daniel Agger( 6)Holger Badstuber(7)Alvaro Negredo(7)Alberto Moreno(7)Diego Alves(8)Maicon Douglas(8)Kevin Grosskreutz(8)James Milner(9)Xherdan Shaqiri(9)Adem Llajic(9)Mikel Arteta(10)Nicolas Pareja(10)Kevin Gameiro(10)
2. xJamieWilliams(Waka Waka):Cristiano Ronaldo(1)Gerard Pique(2)James Rodriguez(2)Dani Alves(3)Franck Ribeiry(3)Thiago Alacantara(4)Mario Balotelli(4)Mateo Musacchio(5)Alex Sandro(5)Jack Wilshere( 6)Gary Cahill( 6)Bernd Leno(7)Alex Song(7)Joe Allen(7)Lazar Markovic(8)Kevin-Prince Boateng(8)Kyle Walker(8)Gael Clichy(9)Marquinhos(9)Iker Muniain(9)Gokhan Inler(10)Jermaine Defoe(10)Igor Akinfeev(10)
3. Lewie100(Living on FM FC):Luis Suarez(1)Diego Godin(2)Iker Casillas(2)Cesc Fabregas(3)Juan Cuadrado(3)Stephan Lichsteiner(4)Fabio Coentrao(4)Leonardo Bonucci(5)Xavi(5)Nicolas Gaitan( 6)Nicklas Bendtner( 6)Shinji Kagawa(7)Pepe Reina(7)Ever Banega(7)Michael Carrick(8)Jefferson Farfan(8)Jesus Navas(8)Edin Dzeko(9)Stefan Jovetic(9)Mathieu Valbuena(9)Iñigo Martinez(10)Benoit Tremoulinas(10)Traded In:
Gervinho(7)
4. Taskers01(Wanyama's in Pyjamas):Zlatan Ibrahimovic(1)Luka Modric(2)Pablo Zabaleta(2)Petr Cech(3)Mehdi Benatia(3)Santi Cazorla(4)Andrea Barzagli(4)Miralem Pjanic(5)Willian(5)Davide Santon( 6)Javier Hernandez( 6)Naldo(7)Victor Wanyama(7)Christian Benteke(7)Wojciech Szczesny(8)Camilo Zuniga(8)Loic Remy(8)Jese Rodriguez(9)Yohan Cabaye(9)Lucas Romero(9)Joel Matip(10)Sergio Asenjo(10)Moussa Dembele[/SIZE][/SIZE]
5. Bornexplorer88(Multiple Scoregasm FC):Sergio Aguero(1)Xabi Alonso(2)Mats Hummels(2)Victor Valdes(3)Dario Conca(4)Juan Bernat(4)Marc Barta(5)Nemanja Vidic(5)Eric Lamela( 6)Theo Walcott( 6)Julio Cesar(7)Aleksandar Kolarov(7)Fernando Torres(7)Jack Grealish(8)Andre Schurrle(8)Eugene Khacheridi(8)Juanfran(9)Ross Barkley(9)David Villa(9)Andres D'Alessandro(10)Nuri Sahin(10) Traded In:
Karim Benzema(2)Dries Mertens(7)
6. Stonecold(Blink-1 Eto'o):Neymar(1)Giorgio Chiellini(2)Daniele De Rossi(3)Juan Mata(3)Carlos Vela(4)Jeremy Mathieu(4)Fernando Muslera(5)Aaron Ramsey(5)Seamus Coleman( 6)Federico Fazio( 6)Sokratis Papastathopoulos(7)Carlos Bacca(7)Mathieu Debuchy(8)Mousa Sissoko(8)Michael Bradley(8)Gabi(9)Ganso(9)Marcelo Schmelzer(9)Jefferson(10)Raul Albiol(10)Lassana Diarra(10) Traded In: Koke(3)Vagner Love(10)
7. Matt419(Matt's Maestros):Eden Hazard(1)Radamel Falcao(2)Hugo Lloris(2)Kevin Strootman(3)David Luiz(3)Mario Mandzukic(4)Samir Nasri(4)Rafael(5)Filipe Luis(5)Dede( 6)Ander Herrera( 6)Memphis Depay(7)Marcos Rojo(7)Ramires(7)Everton Ribeiro(8)Lucas Digne(8)Sime Vrsaljko(8)Harry Kane(9)Asier Illaramendi(9)Callum Chambers(9)Danny Ings(10)Jonny Evans(10)Sergio Romero(10)
8. Yeti01(Stuntcock FC):Arturo Vidal(1)Vincent Kompany(2)Thibaut Courtois(2)Robin van Persie(3)Dani Carvajal(3)Nigel de Jong(4)Oscar(4)Domenico Criscito(5)Benedikt Howedes(5)Radja Nainggolan( 6)Adam Lallana( 6)Alvaro Arbeloa(7)Francesco Totti(7)Fraser Forster(7)Yacine Brahimi(8)Steven Gerrard(8)Martin Demichelis(8)Mario Fernandes(9)Emre Can(9)Tomas Rosicky(9)Rhys Williams(10)Mathew Leckie(10)Robbie Kruse(10)
9. Znik(The Angry Burritos):Manuel Neuer(1)Carlos Tevez(2)Andrea Pirlo(2)Nicolas Otamendi(3)Hulk(3)Darijo Srna(4)Marcelo(4)Joao Miranda(5)Ezequiel Lavezzi(5)Kwadwo Asamoah( 6) Philippe Coutinho( 6)Ezequiel Garay(7)Blaise Matuidi(7)Javier Pastore(7)Rodrigo Palacio(8)Borja Valero(8)Yuto Nagatomo(8)Adil Rami(9)Antonio Candreva(9)Jose Callejon(9)Keylor Navas(10)Kieran Gibbs(10)Gregorz Krychowiak(10)
10. Yiliang99(Sunlight Sky):Paul Pogba(1)Alexandre Lacazette(2)Lorenzo Insigne(2)Kevin De Bruyne(3)Aymeric Laporte(3)Luke Shaw(4)Roberto Firmino(4)Nathaniel Clyne(5)Phil Jones(5)Timo Horn( 6)Aleksandar Dragovic( 6)Matteo Darmian(7)Luciano Vietto(7)Morgan Schneiderlin(7)Alvaro Morata(8)Nicolas Nkoulou(8)Alessandro Florenzi(8)Adebayo Akinfenwa(9)Maxime Gonalons(9)Mauro Zarate(9)Heurelho Gomes(10)Miguel Layun(10)Marouane Fellaini(10)
11. AW190(Gegenpressers FC):Arjen Robben(1)Angel Di Maria(2)Alexis Sanchez(2)Marc-Andre ter Stegen(3)Raphael Varane(3)Ilkay Gundogan(4)Ricardo Rodriguez(4)Ivan Rakitic(5)Branislav Ivanovic(5)Jackson Martinez( 6)Christian Eriksen( 6)Marco Verratti(7)Kurt Zouma(7)Salvatore Sirigu(7)Danilo(8)Vincent Aboubakar(8)Henrikh Mkhitaryan(8)Shkodran Mustafi(9)Erik Durm(9)Dimitri Payet(9)Ricardo Montolivo(10)Rodrigo De Paul(10)Tobias Alderweireld(10)
12. Disclaimer89(Out_on_Bale):Toni Kroos(1)Diego Costa(2)Sergio Ramos(2)Samir Handanovic(3)Mario Gotze(3)Cesar Azpilicueta(4)Javier Mascherano(4)Phil Jagielka(5)Eugene Konoplyanka(5)Jose Gaya( 6)Kevin Mirallas( 6)Miroslav Klose(7)Neven Subotic(7)Sergio Canales(7)Sven Bender(8)Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain(8)Mattia de Sciglio(8)Simon Mignolet(9)Eliaquim Mangala(9)Mateo Kovacic(9)Ashley Young(10)Wilfried Bony(10)Ronaldinho Gaucho(10)
13. Lippo255(Lippo's Losers):Gareth Bale(1)David Silva(2)Thiago Silva(2)Wayne Rooney(3)Nemanja Matic(3)Joe Hart(4)Thomas Muller(4)Guilherme Siqueira(5)Frank Lampard(5)Mamadou Sakho( 6)Olivier Giroud( 6)Martin Caceres(7)Christoph Kramer(7)Claudio Bravo(8)Mario Gomez(8)Wesley Sneijder(8)Mile Jedinak(9)Vedran Corluka(9)Sulley Muntari(9)Juan Carlos Valeron(10)Manuel Pablo(10)Jason Davidson(10)Traded In:
Dejan Lovren(10)
14. Mkmillwall(PFC Sporting):Marco Reus(1)David Alaba(2)Andres Iniesta(2)Laurent Koscielny(3)Mesut Ozil(3)Daniel Sturridge(4)Jan Vertonghen(4)Joao Moutinho(5)Pedro(5)Diego Lopez( 6)Lukasz Piszczek( 6)Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang(7)Lucas Moura(7)Leandro Castan(7)Hakan Calhanoglu(8)Daley Blind(8)James McCarthy(8)Fredy Guarin(9)Gregory van der Wiel(9)Stephan El Shaarawy(9)Diego Benaglio(10)Gonzalo Castro(10)Layvin Kurzawa(10)
15. CraigWL(Carlisle City FC):Philipp Lahm(1)Jerome Boateng(2)Yaya Toure(2)Asmir Begovic(3)Gonzalo Higuain(3)Isco(4)Jordi Alba(4)Per Mertesacker(5)Arda Turan(5)Sami Khedira( 6)Lars Bender( 6)Vincent Enyeama(7)Martin Skrtel(7)Dimitar Berbatov(7)Bruno Soriano(8)Danny(8)Alessio Cerci(8)Hernanes(9)Jeremy Toulalan(9)Ryan Shawcross(9)Daryl Janmaat(10)Tiago Mendes(10)Senad Lulic(10)
16. Nomadic(Spartak Bosco):Robert Lewandowski(1)Edinson Cavani(2)David De Gea(2)Pepe(3)Leighton Baines(3)Javi Martinez(4)Claudio Marchisio(4)Bacary Sagna(5)Dante(5)Guiseppe Rossi( 6)Fernandinho( 6)Thomas Vermaelen(7)Alex(7)Enzo Perez(7)Luis Gustavo(8)Fernando Llorente(8)Patrice Evra(8)Kiko Casilla(9)Rafinha(9)Axel Witsel(9)Klaas-Jan Huntelaar(10)Seydou Doumbia(10)Emile Heskey(10)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited:
Groups:

Group A:

RankNameGPWDLGFGAGDPTS
1xJamieWilliams(Waka Waka)(Q)3210103+77
2CraigWL(Carlisle City FC)(Q)312054+15
3Lippo255(Lippo’s Losers)311146-24
4Matt419(Matt’s Maestros)3003410-60
Fixtures:
Matt’s Maestros 2-3 Lippo’s Losers
Carlisle City FC 2-2 Waka Waka
Carlisle City FC 1-1 Lippo’s Losers
Waka Waka 5-1 Matt’s Maestros
Matt’s Maestros 1-2 Carlisle City FC
Lippo’s Losers 0-3 Waka Waka

Group B:
RankNameGPWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Taskers01(Wanyama’s In Pyjamas)(Q)321094+57
2Brendn(Mendez Marauders)(Q)321074+37
3Bornexplorer88(Multiple Scoregasm FC)3102811-33
4Stonecold(Blink-1 Eto’o)3003510-50
Fixtures:
Wanyama’s In Pyjamas 4-2 Multiple Scoregasm FC
Blink-1 Eto’o 1-2 Mendez Marauders
Blink-1 Eto’o 4-5 Multiple Scoregasm FC
Mendez Marauders 2-2 Wanyama’s In Pyjamas
Multiple Scoregasm FC 1-3 Mendez Marauders
Wanyama’s In Pyjamas 3-0 Blink-1 Eto’o

Group C:
RankNameGPWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Nomadic(Spartak Bosco)(Q)3300125+79
2Znik(The Angry Burritos)(Q)3201105+56
3AW190(Gegenpressers FC)310269-33
4Disclaimer89(Out_on_Bale)3003211-90
Fixtures:
The Angry Burritos 5-2 Gegenpressers FC
Spartak Bosco 5-2 Out_on_Bale
Out_on_Bale 0-3 The Angry Burritos
Gegenpressers FC 1-4 Spartak Bosco
Gegenpressers FC 3-0(FFT) Out_on_Bale
The Angry Burritos 2-3 Spartak Bosco

Group D:
RankNameGPWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Mkmillwall(PFC Sporting)(Q)321084+47
2Lewie100(Living on FM FC)(Q)320197+26
3Yeti01(Stuntcock FC)311174+34
4Yiliang99(Sunlight Sky)3003211-90
Fixtures:
Living on FM FC 3-2 Sunlight Sky
PFC Sporting 1-1 Stuntcock FC
Stuntcock FC 1-3 Living on FM FC
Sunlight Sky 0-3 PFC Sporting
PFC Sporting 4-3 Living on FM FC
Stuntcock FC 5-0 Sunlight Sky

Knockout:

Quarter Finals:

(1)Spartak Bosco/Nomadic 1-3 (8)Carlisle City FC/CraigWL
(2)Waka Waka/xJamieWilliams 4-2 (7)Living on FM FC/Lewie100
(3)Wanyama's in Pyjamas/Taskers01 0-2 ( 6)The Angry Burritos/Znik
(4)PFC Sporting/Mkmillwall - (5)Mendez Marauders/Brendn

Semi Finals:
( 6)The Angry Burritos/
Znik 2-1 (8)Carlisle City FC/CraigWL
(2)Waka Waka/xJamieWilliams 2-2(5-4p) (4)PFC Sporting/Mkmillwall

Third Placed Playoff:
(4)PFC Sporting/Mkmillwall 1-3 (8)Carlisle City FC/CraigWL

Final:
(2)Waka Waka/xJamieWilliams 2-10 ( 6)The Angry Burritos/Znik

Last edited:
Registration Form:
Team Name: PFC Sporting
Steam Username: Mkmillwall
Time Zone: GMT -5

Last edited:
Team Name: Cardiff AFC
Steam Username: lewie100 - FM Base
Time Zone - UK/GMT

Last edited:
Registration Form:
Team Name: Multiple Scoregasm FC
Steam Username: bornexplorer88
Time Zone - UK

Last edited:
Team Name: Edinburgh Warriors
Steam Username: Szyger
Time Zone: GMT (Edinburgh)

Good to see it starting off well! Remember, before you register, you must be dedicated. THIS WILL take a long time. Also, for team selection, you can pick whoever you want, but make sure they play whatever tactic you want haha ;)!

Last edited:
Registration Form:
Team Name: Mendez Marauders

Steam Username: Brendn123
Time Zone: GMT

Registration Form:
Team Name: The Angry Burritos
Steam Username: znik1
Time Zone: GMT +1

Registration Form:

Team Name: Blink-1 Eto'o

Steam Username:
fitabootthevegies
Time Zone: GMT London

Never done one of these before so may need help with editors ect

Also for the Draft would it be easier if we had a steam group chat? Thats how i've sorted my NFL drafts over the years

Registration Form:
Team Name: Out_on_Bale

Steam Username: Discla1m3r

Team Name: Carlisle City FC
Steam Username: Craigusblue

I'm also not great with the editor, but hopefully i know what i'm doing...

Team NaEntertainment FC
Steam Name: AidanD10
Time zone: UK

Registration Form
Team Name: Gegenpressers FC
Steam Username: AW190

Team Name: Am I allowed time to think of one? (FYI, this is a serious question and not a team name :D)
Steam Name: AwareMosquito

what if my time is gmt+8

That's fine no complaints!

Registration Form:

Team Name: Blink-1 Eto'o

Steam Username:
fitabootthevegies

Never done one of these before so may need help with editors ect

Also for the Draft would it be easier if we had a steam group chat? Thats how i've sorted my NFL drafts over the years

Yea but assuming there are 32 people in this tournament, that would be extremely difficult to coordinate.

Team Name: Carlisle City FC
Steam Username: Craigusblue

I'm also not great with the editor, but hopefully i know what i'm doing...

No worries, if you have any questions I'll be here and you can let me know :) It's just creating a team and adding them to any league that you can play in, and just adding players to the team. If anybody really doesn't know how to do this, I can make the editor file for them, but please don't ask me just because you don't know how. Cheers!

Team Name: Am I allowed time to think of one? (FYI, this is a serious question and not a team name :D)
Steam Name: AwareMosquito

Yea you can think of one!

Team Name: Sunlight Sky
Steam Username: slicker also known as yiliang99 (just search slicker) profile pic shazam
Time Zone: gmt+8