MCFCkev

Reaction score
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A nice grafic header here please help needed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FM-Basers Fantasy to Reality
Nice Club
Logo Here

FM Base was founded in the year 2000 in the very lower leagues of English football. Since then the club have experienced 6 promotions going from amateur status to now the first year to professional status. FM Base was created by owner, chairman and former manager Sean Taylor who made his name as a Football Management forum owner called FM Base in which the name for the club was also named.
Sean then financed his club with his own money working night and day to be able to finance the basics for the club, it wasn’t until the year of 2008 where Sean became a lottery winner and shortly announced the club had gained semi pro status which help FM Base bring in young talented players on a part time wage, funded a new 10,000 all seated stadium named FM Base Arena and gained 3 back to back promotions in the last 3 years to where the club is now.

Sean can now announce today that the club is at professional status and FM Base Arena is completed to be able to move into this year. With the club being a now a professional club Sean has also decided to regrettably release himself and all staff including players to start a very fresh with now £500,000 invested into the club to rebuild a full time team of staff and players.

Sean said a few words regarding the clubs new status in Blue Square South and becoming a professional run club. “I am delighted in how far the club has progressed in the last 12 years and proud that now only was I the club owner but manager too to guide the club to where we are today. I made a difficult decision to step down as manager but will continue in my Chairman role which gives me the opportunity to take a step back from the day to day running of the club. I am pleased that I am in a position to fund the club heavily which will give the club the chance to employ everyone full time rather than part time so full focus is on the club and nothing else. With our promotion into this semi professional league it is a great time for our loyal fans to move into our new home too. A manager has already been finalized and this will be announced shortly, COME ON FM BASERS!!”

Oh dear wrong place, can someone move this to stories please sowwy :)

Sean Taylor earlier in the week made many announcements about the club including his decision to step down as manager and had already named his successor. Sean’s successor goes by the name of Kevin Cooper who is unknown in the football world but we spoke with Sean and Kevin earlier today and this is what they both had to say at their first press conference.

Sean Taylor (Club Owner/Chairman) : I am pleased to announce my successor standing here before you toady goes by the name of Kevin Cooper. I am great friends with Kevin and we became friends during my time with the Football Manager forum FM Base, he always use to come on and go on about his road to becoming a football manager and tell us how he did during his coaching courses. We both had this massive but unrealistic passion of becoming managers in the football league but unlike Kev I did not take my UEFA badges nor had the full time commitment in trying to fulfil my dream like Kev is currently on the road of doing.

We always joked with each other since I decided to create FM Base Football Club that if we were ever to become a professional club and had the money to carry on as club owner that I would appoint Kev and here we are today. I don’t see this as a gamble in fact I could not appoint anyone better as I know Kev he knows me and with myself having the recourses to fund both of our ambitions this can only be a recipe for success for the club. I said after I was lucky enough to win the lottery that I would appoint him (Kev) as soon as we are in the Blue Square South and announce we will go professional, so far I have stuck with my word.

Kevin Cooper (Manager) : Thank you Sean. Well this is a new experience amongst all of you today; this is nothing like the Football Manager game hey Sean (laughs). Well first off I would like to say how much of a dream this is to manager a real football club in the Blue Square South and unlike any manager has had to do before I don’t have to sack anyone but only hire. I know allot of you are thinking I am not going to last long in the harsh world of football but unlike many clubs the owner and manager are friends but also I have my own announcement to make at a later date in who will be my assistant. My assistant has a vast amount of experience capped for England 15 times, a legend at a Championship club, played for AC Milan and had previous experience in managing & coaching. So I think I’ll be in good hands. As for anything else goes I don’t know who to sign as of yet but my new assistant will play a massive part early on in my career.

My personal aim and Sean’s is that we get this club into the Football League in 5 years but I personally hope we can do that in less. It is early days yet we only currently have a Chairman, now I and hopefully my right hand man at the club we don’t know how far we will progress. All three of us will be looking around for local talent and have plenty of trials to give the local talent a chance to see what they can do, Sean is also trying to advertise our club to agents and players to give us more of a choice in who we want to represent our club. This is all early days at the moment but I’m sure I can say allot more in a few days to a week’s time as there is allot of work to be done in the few months till we kick off our first ever season as a professional club. Thanks everyone.

Our New Manager Announces His ‘Right Hand Man’.

I said yesterday that I had already approached my assistant who was a former England international and the club he is a legend at is Watford where he helped them achieve 3 promotions to the top flight as well as holding Watford’s all time appearance record of 503 games. He goes by the name of Luther Blissett. I know this may surprise to allot of people that he has decided to join our club and only to be an assistant to me but I met Luther during my time in trying to qualify as a coach, I was constantly asking him questions about his career and picking his brains about his coaching and also passed coaches he worked with. When Sean had said I am his new manager after a few hours of trying to get myself together and think I phoned up Luther about my appointment and asked if he would help me and be named as my right hand man, he seemed delighted and accepted right away. I am only 26 and have no professional football experience at all so Luther will be a massive appointment for the club and will help me learn more along the way too.

View attachment 257674

Luther said a few words as he arrived at FM Base Arena, “I am delighted to be here and surprised at how big the stadium looks (laughs), this sounds like an amazing opportunity for young Kev and I was happy to help him and this promising new club with this ambitious project.”​