FM Developer Awarded OBE

Cal.

≡
Reaction score
Was just installing FM with steam and noticed this in the recent news area, couldn't find a topic on it.

Miles Jacobson was awarded an OBE in the New Year's Honours List.

Studio Director of Sports Interactive, the studio behind the stellar Football Manager series, has been awarded an OBE by the Queen in the latest round of honours awards. In full, O.B.E. stands for Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, and is one of a series of chivalric awards created by George V, the highest of which makes you a knight of the British Empire. Suffice to say, not too many game developers have made the esteemed honours lists.

The co-founder of Sports Interactive, Olly Collyer, congratulated Jacobson on the Sports Interactive site, saying, “we think this is very much deserved for all the hard work involved in not only establishing a good sense of business to a raw and young Sports Interactive all those years ago, but also evolving the studio into an equal and more professional partner with its publisher and also a responsible one, via the involvement with various charities, as well as taking away the things we don’t like doing to allow us to concentrate on coding!”

“The honour is also deserved recognition for lots of other work Miles has done away from SI over the years on the BAFTA games committee, Develop advisory board and as a founding trustee of GamesAid as well as many other advisory committees.”

Collyer adds that “apparently he was in the frame for a knighthood but they didn’t have a platform high enough to allow the appropriate member of the Royal Family to reach his shoulder with their sword so they settled for the O.B.E.”

Writing in response to the news, Jacobson said “It really is very humbling, and is further recognition for the whole SI team around the world. I’m a bit lost for words at the moment, so I’ll leave it at that for now.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/01/football-manager-dev-awarded-o-b-e-by-the-queen/

What an effing hero.

fair play, hes been a huge part of one of the greatest game series ever, and its still going so strong, he deserves it :) legend.

Football Manager must be huge in Buckingham Palace.

Yess, get in. Well done Jacobsen.

Football Manager must be huge in Buckingham Palace.
"Philip? Philip, Dzeko's just got injured for 2 months again! I paid 22 mil for him, what a facking rip!"

I love ripping the **** out of Miles, but he still deserves this |)

He's a lad, sometimes an awkward ******, sometimes downright annoying, but 99% of the time makes me laugh whenever i see him in a webchat/pocast/video.

Deserves it for creating the best gaming series of all time.

Saw this on Saturday, big up to the guy :)

He certainly deserves it, has created the best game series of all time surely!

cool beans man (H) but its not just for football manager its for other things hes done aswell like charity stuff :)

Deserves this award greatly for creating the best ever series of Football management sims and I congratulate him for getting the award :D