wayne seator

Reaction score
FM ESPN FC English Addition

So this story will be based on my favourite TV show ESPN FC. I will not take over a team in FM15 instead I will analyse on a weekly basis transfer rumours and major transfers while creating interviews from players and managers over the course of this story. Also we will predict results of the major games and discuss manager movement and the cup draws including European cups. We will also discuss the English national team squads and anything else that catches my attention.

Last edited:
Welcome to FM ESPN FC
My name is Wayne and I will like to welcome you to the show with me today I have Jamie Carragher the former Liverpool defender and Alan Shearer the former Newcastle striker. Today we will discuss the former player’s clubs and the potential ins and outs of their respective clubs.
With Newcastle searching for a new manager we with start with the news Martin Jol, Harry Redknapp and Sean Dyche have put their names in the hat for the job. How do you feel this will go Alan??
AS: “Well Wayne the board at Newcastle have got to get it right this time, the club has been struggling for far too long, if I had to put my money on the right man for the job it would have to be Harry Redknapp. He has the experience and the heart for the job.”
Wayne: “but surely after walking out of QPR the way he did would give out far to much doubt about him?”
AS: “ But look at what he was dealing with at QPR the owners didn’t back him the way he needed it and the players he had weren’t up for the fight.”
Wayne: “Couldn’t the same be said about the Newcastle board and players?”
AS: “Well yes it could but as I said the board have to get it right this time”
Wayne: “Jamie any thoughts on this?”
JC: “I’d go for Sean Dyche, I think at his age he will have the passion and energy for the fight.”
Wayne: “Ok and Jamie whats your thoughts on Liverpool going in for Brazilian central defender Dede for a reported fee of 6.75 million pounds?”
JC: “Well it’s no secret that Liverpool need a central defender to strengthen the back line but I really would like to see them go for someone a little less erratic than Dede his tackling is a little bit soft but he has good speed which could help to develop a good partnership with Skrtel who is a tackling machine….. Much like myself.”
Wayne: “ha-ha fair enough if not Dede then who would you like to see come in?”
JC: “good centre backs are hard to come across but if I was to pick someone I would say to break the back and try signing Benedikt Howedes from Gelsenkirchen.”
Alright thank you lads just before we leave I want you both to predict the first manager’s to get fired?
JC: “Chris Ramsay from QPR I think there isn’t any quality in there squad and they will struggle.”
AS: “Gustavo Poyet from Sunderland I don’t think I need to give a reason”
Wayne: “well, being the Newcastle man you are I think we all understand.”
Well that’s all we have for today thank you Jamie and Alan for joining the show and thank you everyone for tuning in for today’s show.

Welcome to FM ESPN FC

Welcome to today’s show, I’m Wayne and today on the show I have with me Thierry Henry as we discuss Arsenal and the signing of Marco Verratti from PSG for 17.5 million pounds.
So today the news broke that Arsenal have opened the cheque book and signed Marco Verratti. The 21 year old Italian international has unlimited potential and amazing experience for his age already playing 8 times for his country and also completing 56 game for PSG over the past 2 seasons. Question is can he make it in the premier league Thierry?
TH: “well that’s always the question Wayne’ some do and some don’t. I believe that he will, he has the passing ability to fit into Arsenal system but he is a little injury prone which could be a risk.”
Wayne: “well the next question is with 7 other players in the first team playing in his position who misses out?”
TH: “ That’s a hard question it would seem 7. Tomas Rosicky and Mathieu Flamini are gone while Francis Coquelin will need to go on loan. The thing is you still have Whilsire, Ramsey and the captain Arteta. I can’t see the captain spending to much time on the bench so one of the first to will be warming the bench.”
Wayne: “Would this money have been better spent of a world class central defender or a better striker than what they have?”
TH: “ I’m sure there is still more money in the bank if they see fit to spend it. Arsène Wenger is a very wise man and he will be competing for the title this year I am sure. ‘
Wayne: “So better than Fourth?”
TH: “Top Two, it could be the year”
Wayne: “Thank you Thierry Henery.”
Also in the news this week Everton have signed Antonio Cassano on a free transfer. The former Italian international is looking forward to kick starting his career a horrid two years at Inter Milan.
That is all we have for today I would like to thank everyone for tuning in and see you all next week.

Welcome to FM ESPN FC
So today I am reviewing to transfer window so far. Arsenal continues to spend with the signing of Stefan Savic for 4.8 million pounds. This signing goes a long way to fixing up there problems at the back. The former Manchester City player already has premier league experience and I’m sure will challenge the incumbent pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker. Also staying with Arsenal they have sold Francis Coquelin to Fulham for 2.3 million pounds, this sale looks to suit everyone involved very well. Fulham are getting a solid Defensive midfielder and Arsenal are making room after the signing of Verratti.
Chelsea this week have dipped their fingers in the transfer market with the signing of José Gayà the young left beck with be getting experince of the bench to begin with but will look to break into the first team in the near future. The deal worth 13.75 million looks steep for someone that has not proved anything in his career yet but if they get 5-10 quaility years out of hi I am sure he will have proven himself worth of this heavy price tag.
Newcastle have yet to find a manager as John Carver stays on in the caretaker manager role. You get the feeling they are going to stick with him for a while to see how he goes.
West Ham are struggling to keep hold of New Zealand captain Winston Reid as Sporting Lisbon and Liverpool step up interest.
That’s all we have for this week. Next week we have QPR manager on to answer criticism from our previous guest Jamie Carragher about who would get fired first this season. Thank you for tuning in and I will see you all next week

So today on the show we have Chris Ramsey as we break down there chances of staying in the top flight of English football. They have just purchased New Zealand international defender Tommy Smith for 1.6 million pounds as they start there summer recruitment. But still look short on quality.

Wayne: “Welcome to the show Chris how are you feeling about this upcoming season?”

CR: “We at the club are all feeling positive thank you.”

Wayne: “So you have just signed another central defender in Tommy Smith, does this signal the end for Clint Hill, Richard Dunne or Nedum Onuoha?”

CR: “We will have to wait and see what the future holds. All three of them are strong defenders and have been very loyal to the club.”

Wayne: “Yes but loyalty doesn’t mean what it used to, I mean you need quality within your squad and you look very short of that at the moment.”

CR: “The Squad isn’t as bad as you think we have a very strong base squad.”

Wayne: “What positions are you looking at filling up for the rest of the transfer window?”

CR: “We would like to bring in another goal scorer who will take the pressure off Charlie Austin.”

Wayne: “Do you have any targets in mind and if so who are they?”

CR: “Hmmmm. Messi, Ronaldo just to name a few. Haha no we won’t be naming people that is no how we do things at QPR.”

Wayne: “Ok thank you for your time Chris.”

Well that’s all we have for today next week I will have with me Roy Keane and Claude Makélélé as we talk about the weeks transfers. Thank you for tuning in and we will see you next week.

Last edited:

Thank you for joining me, today I have with me former Manchester united player Roy Keane and former Chelsea player Claude Makélélé. Today we will discuss the ins and outs of the transfer window starting with Roy and a move that see’s Jan Vertonghen move from Spurs to United in a deal reportedly worth 15.75 million pounds.
Wayne: “Now Roy what is you’re feeling about this move for Jan Vertonghen? Does this represent value for money?”

RK: “Well his knows what he is doing and it should be good for both him and Man United he just has to keep himself fit for the season. That’s the hard part for him he seem to get injured very easy.”

Wayne: “so it’s a gamble for United?”

RK: “any transfer is.”

Alright the and on to Chelsea who have beaten rivals Liverpool in signing Brazilian Central defender Dede for a rumoured 10.75 million pounds. Whats your thoughts on this Claude?

CM: “It’s always good to throw a spanner in the works of rival’s plans but on top of that he will give our ageing defensive line so fresh legs. It can only be good.”

Wayne: “Is there no worries for you about his inconsistent performances?”

CM: “I feel with John Terry with at the back he will be a lot better because JT is a born leader.”

Wayne: “So that’s Chelsea’s third signing now of the summer do you think the spending will continue?”

CM: “It’s hard to say I feel like the signings of Dede as well as Dani Parejo and José Gayà would be enough to see them through the season. If I was Jose I would wait until January to see what else is needed.”

Ok lads last thing I want predictions on to four this season and Bottom three.

RK: “Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Tottenham, in that order and bottom three are Hull, QPR and Burnley.”

CM: “Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal. Bottom three are Sunderland, QPR and Burnley.”

Wayne: “Wow they are some interesting picks, thank you lads.”

As Claude touched on earlier Liverpool missed out on target Dede but have later claimed they were never really interested in the player and have gone on to sign a player who is also a central defender, Aleksandar Dragovic has made the move from Dynamo Kyiv for a reported fee of 8 million pounds. If you compare the two of them it really seems like a step down for Liverpool who will be rueing the missed chance of signing Dede.

Last edited:

Hello and welcome to the show today. Today we are reviewing the injury crisis at Sunderland and also reviewing Chelsea and the rumour mill that surrounds there transfer targets. Joining us on that point is former Chelsea great Dennis Wise. To begin with there is rumour that Gustevo Poyet has had a run in with the board at Sunderland, they are not freeing up money to strengthen his squad as he now has four first team players missing for the start of the season, John O’Shea, Seb Larsson, Steven Fletcher and Emanule Giaccherini are all out while Billy Jones has a 50% chance of making the first game. After multiple attempts to get the board to free up the money it has been leaked to the media that the Black Cats board have refused the money any money and relationships seem to be frosty at best.

Now we have the pleasure of welcoming former Chelsea midfielder Dennis Wise to the show for the first time. We have three player who have been linked to Chelsea and we are going to ask Dennis to rate the likelihood of them going through.

Wayne: Welcome to the show Dennis.

DW: It’s a pleasure thanks for having me.

Wayne: Now Dennis here’s the big questions first of we will start with Southampton midfielder Morgan Scheiderlin what’s the ranking on this one and why?

DW: Well Wayne I would only give this one a 3/10, I feel Chelsea have an embarrassment of talent in this area and the deal has been reported to be around 20 million pounds, for someone who will only make the bench, I don’t see this deal working for anyone.

Wayne: Ok thanks for that insight. How about the move for Saul from Athletico?

DW: At the age of 19 I could see them signing him for the future and loaning him out for first team football. My problem with this is Chelsea don’t have a good reputation for blooding young players so his potential will rot away, Athletico will let him go at the right price but if I was Saul I wouldn’t leave. I give this one 5/10

Wayne: Hmm that’s still a pass make so maybe he will maybe he won’t. Ok last question, Eugene Konoplyanka from Dnipro?

DW: He is in his last year of contract if they can pick him up for under 10 million pounds it’s a great deal. My problem with this is clubs try to make too much when Chelsea look at their players. I think they will sign him I give this 8/10.

Thank you Dennis Wise and I would like to call this segment the Wise-o-meter.

Ok and lastly on the show today we at FM ESPNFC have done some “transfer business” if you like so next week on the show he will have an interview with my new co-host.

Thanks for joining me and see you all next week as we analysis the latest transfers and the rumours with the Wise-o-meter. Thank you and see you next week

Hello I’m Wayne and welcome to the show with me today is my new co-host. He is a living legion, a Liverpool great and an ex England defender and he has already made guest appearance on this show. It is my pleasure to welcome to the show Jamie Carragher.
JC: Thanks for the introduction Wayne but as I said this interview isn’t needed we should get on with the important stuff.

Wayne: I’m sure the fans will think this is important just like I do. So how do you feel about joining the show?

JC: Well I’m excited to get started and sharing my opinions with everyone.

Wayne: Now even though you have joined you on the show reports are suggesting you may soon be named as new Newcastle manager can you confirm these reports?

JC: Haha well I can confirm it isn’t true although if I was offered the job it would be hard to say no.

Wayne: I would say no to the Newcastle job either.

Wayne: Alright Jamie let’s get into it, there has been a lot of transfer activity over the past week let’s start with your old team Liverpool who have signed Shay Given for 300k where do you see him starting NO. 1 or just sitting on the bench?

JC: Just warming the bench I’m afraid I can’t see him displacing the current NO.1.

Wayne: Wesley Sneijder has signed for Manchester United for 4.4 million pound any thoughts on that being the old rivals?

JC: Great signing as far as I am concerned. He has experience and could be just what they need as long as he stays fit.

Wayne: Now finally Tottenham have splashed out a huge 16.75 million pound on Brazilian Wellington Nem this seems like a risk doesn’t it?

JC: A huge risk, it’s a lot of money for someone who has been average at best for a team like Shakhtar Donetsk. If it pays off its great for Tottenham but I just can’t see it. Flop of the season for me Wayne.

Thanks for that Jamie now we welcome back Dennis Wise and the Wise-ometer.

DW: Thanks for having me back Wayne and welcome to the team Jamie.

JC: Cheers Dennis heres the first rumour Morgan Scheiderlin to Manchester City?

DW: Under the restrictions of FFP City have to sell first and I can’t see them being able to move anyone because of their huge wages so this one is getting 1/10.

Wayne: Everton are targeting Ryan Shawcross from Stoke?

DW: There is rumor they will fork out 8 million pounds but that’s a lot of money for Everton I can’t see it happening but I will give it 4/10 because stranger things have happened.

JC: well you got something right last week your old boys Chelsea signing Eugene Konoplyanka for 7.5 million pounds, must be a good feeling getting it right huh?

DW: Yes well it was a logical signing for them.

Well lads that’s all we have for tonight. Thanks for joining us next week we will preview the Community Sheild match between Arsenal and Manchester City and look at the transfers from the week and of course the rumour mill with the wise-ometer. From myself and Jamie good night.

Hello and welcome to the show today, with me today is co-host and Liverpool great Jamie Carragher, today we preview the Community Shield and later on we have the Wise-ometer with Dennis Wise.

Wayne: The curtain raiser to the season is upon us with Manchester City playing Arsenal. Is this an important game Jamie?

JC: It’s good to get one over your rivals for the title yes but in terms of real meaning no not really the premier league title isn’t won over a meaningless game so not it’s just a preseason game nothing more.

Wayne: Will both teams play there top players?

JC: Well close to it they will use it as a last chance for players to prove their worth over the course of the season and really push for first team positions.

Wayne: Who is going to win then??

JC: Arsenal will 3-1

Wayne: Well I’m going city 1-0

JC: Haha well we will see at the end of the game who better at this guessing game then??

Wayne: Now onto the latest transfer but there’s not much to talk about, Leichester have signed Stephen Quinn from Hull for 1.2 million, does this have much meaning?

JC: well you are weakening you relegation rivals so Leichester have made a good season but they will need more reinforcements you would think not to go back down.

Wayne: other than that nothing has happened this week so now you are onto the wise-ometer.

DW: Right boys I have some juicy one’s for you all today.

JC: this has got to be my favourite part of the job Dennis, Danny Ings to Liverpool what do you think?

DW: With Sturridge always injured another striker is what the doctors ordered for Liverpool but I think Burnley will put up a fight. 15 million pounds for the young Englishman if they pay up it will happen I’m giving this 7/10

Wayne: Erik Pieters to Crystal Palace?

DW: Alan Pardrew is a known fan of the Dutch left back but he failed at Newcastle and I say he fails again. 3/10.

JC: There is still a rumour of a new Newcastle manager mate, who will it be?

DW: Glenn Hoodle I reckon.

JC: sticking with your Chelsea favourites I see.

DW: Well you know gotta keep the love going.

Wayne: Thanks for that Dennis.

That’s all we have for today folks. Tune in next week for the results of the Community Shield and the preview of the opening week of the premier league. Also the transfer and ofcourse the Wise-ometer t hank you and we will see you all next week

Last edited:

Arsenal win the Community Shield beating Manchester City 2-1. I’m Wayne and this is FM ESPN FC.

Today on the show I will be joined later on by Dennis Wise. But first myself and Jamie will take a look at that dominate performance by Arsenal in the Community Shield and we have an interview with Manuel Pellegrini the Manchester City manager about the game, his team prospects in the Premier League and also the frustrations of FFP.

Wayne: So Jamie you got it right it was a good win for Arsenal?

JC: As I said last week it’s not to important but yes Arsenal looked good. To come back from 1-0 down at half time and to run all over City in the second half they really looked good.

Wayne: But the goal of the game really goes to Sergio Aguero?

JC: Well yes it was something special. He is really something special and if City has any chance of winning the title this year he has to stay fit.

Wayne: Cazorla’s goal just after half time must have killed of the spirit of city then?

JC: They did look deflated after that goal and it was only a matter of time before Arsenal took the league. They did in the 85th minute through Giroud.

We managed to get a one on one interview with the Manchester City manager during the week and it was interesting on his views of his team and there potential this season.

Wayne: Manuel, a hard battle this week vs Arsenal, how did you see your teams performance?

MP: It was disappointing to see how weak we are mentally.

Wayne: can you win the title this season?

MP: We can’t strengthen our team and im stuck with previous manager’s mistake’s I don’t have my team I can’t make it my team. We will struggle but I am hopeful. We are aiming, myself and the board, for a top four finish.

Wayne: Finacial Fair Play restrictions stop you from spending, is there any chance of moving on dead wood?

MP: No they are on high wages and that stops other teams from bidding for them, they will just see out there contracts and then we can look towards the future.

Wayne: If you don’t finish in the top four will you still have a job?

MP: No.

Wayne: Well good luck.

MP: Thank you.

Well that was Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini, Jamie does he have a future at the club?

JC: In all honesty he is going to struggle, there are 6 or 7 teams aiming for the top four if he manages the top four next season will be a good season for him and Manchester city.

Ok now we get to welcome in the Wise-ometer and Dennis Wise.

Wayne: Welcome Dennis, let’s get strait into it. Andriy Yarmolenko to Chelsea?

DW: look they have just signed a player like Yarmolenko in Eugene Konoplyanka I can’t see this happening. 1/10

JC: Everton obviously need a centre back and they are linked with West Ham’s Winston Reid. Chances?

DW: From what ive heard from the West Ham side is if they get the right offer he will go. Now do Everton have that kind of money? Im not sure I will give it 5/10.

Wayne: Is there any more rumours out the Dennis?

DW: Jamie Carragher to Newcastle still won’t go away will they, im giving this one 0/10 haha no chance buddy.

JC: I haven’t been asked yet Dennis. I won’t apply but if they ask me to interview I might give them the pleasure.

Alright lastly Jamie we have the opening round of the Premier League and all the big boys seem to have it pretty easy. If you had to pick one to struggle who would you think it would be?

JC: Well Wayne I think Manchester City will struggle as Southampton is a top team just outside the top 6 but still pretty good, although City are at home I think they could struggle. I’m going to say this could be a high scoring draw.

Wayne: So Arsenal have Leicester, United have QPR and Chelsea have Crystal Palace, any upsets here?

JC: No, I’m predicting big wins for all.

Wayne: Lastly your old boys Liverpool Vs Hull, any love for Hull?

JC: None!

Wayne: There are other game’s this week with Tottenham facing Burnley, Everton take on Stoke, West Ham vs Sunderland, West Brom vs Aston Villa and Mondays game is Newcastle vs Swansea. What game are you picking to be the game of the round Jamie?

JC: Newcastle vs Swansea. It could be a good battle for the Europa League positions.

Alright lad that’s all we have for today, tune in next week for results and fall outs after the first week of the EPL. As always we will have the Wise-ometer and all the comings and goings for the transfer window. That’s us and goodnight.

Welcome to FM ESPNFC I’m Wayne and today with me I have Liverpool great Jamie Carragher and we will review the big games from the Premier League. So this week saw the opening round of the Premier League which saw no upsets. All the big boys won. The early game saw Manchester City ease to a 2-0 win over Southampton. The main talking point from this game was Aleksandar Kolarov sending off. How does this affect his push to be a regular first team player Jamie?

JC: You never want to hand your rival a place in the first team. And with Gaël Clichy being just as competent he will be kicking himself Wayne.

Wayne: Arsenal had an easy time of it did they not?

JC: Very much so Wayne, a 5-0 win over Leicester. They looked dominate.

Wayne: Mario Balotelli silenced his critics with the goal that saw Liverpool through vs Hull. It’s good to see him off the mark early?

JC: yes let’s hope he can continue with this. If he is kept happy I can see him breaking into the 20 plus goals a season but he needs to keep his head down.

Wayne: Man United recorded a 3-0 over QPR, they looked poor QPR didn’t they?

JC: very poor I feel sorry for their fans it’s going to be a hard season for them.

Wayne: Lastly for the big boys Chelsea had to work for their win vs Crystal Palace, with a late winner from Oscar.

JC: Yes you have to feel sorry for Palace they put up a great fight but it wasn’t enough.

Wayne: The game of the week was Newcastle vs Swansea and it produced didn’t it?

JC: It really did, it had everything you want goals, cards just pure excitement.

Right now onto the transfers and Jamie Liverpool have signed another Defender in Ashley Williams for 2.8 million pound, surely this isn’t needed after already signing Aleksandar Dragovic?

JC: It does make you wander if someone is heading out the door. They now have these two plus Toure, Skrtel, Sakho and Loveren.

Now it is time for the Wise-ometer and we welcome in Dennis Wise.

JC: First of mate I want to ask you will Everton sign a Centre Defender?

DW: Well they have been heavily linked with Reid and Shawcross, I think they will but it remains to be seen who. I’m giving this 8/10

Wayne: Leicester have been linked with Everton left back Bryan Oviedo whats the chance of this happening?

DW: Leicester have the need to invest and I can see this strengthening there squad. 7/10

JC: Guy Demel has been transfer listed at West Ham is there any chance of them getting rid of him?

DW: There is zero interest in him at the moment I going to say he won’t leave, 2/10.

Wayne: Both Liverpool and Southampton are interested in Danny Ings whats the chances of him leaving Burnley?

DW: Burnley isn’t interested in selling so It will have to be a big offer. Now Liverpool seem to be happy with Mario Balotelli after his performance and Southampton don’t pay above the value like the bigger teams. I’m going to say not this transfer window. 1/10.

Ok that’s all we have for today, now the Premier League has started we will be going to two shows a week and next show we will be reviewing the weekend’s games. Im Wayne and thank you for tuning in to FM ESPN FC

Welcome to the show today, we will be reviewing the big week of football that we have in front of us. This weekend we have to major games, the early game is the Clash of Cash, Manchester City vs Chelsea and the later game is the North West Derby between Liverpool and Manchester United. Joining me today is Liverpool great Jamie Carragher.

JC: I’m really looking forward to the North West Derby Wayne.

Wayne: of course you are, question is who is going to win it?

JC: My heart says Liverpool; I am predicting a tight hard fought game though.

Wayne: Is this going to be a fiery game or has the passion gone in these games now?

JC: Its wrong to say the passion has gone but you wont see the kind of tackles going in that you use to, the ref’s are now harsher on players they don’t like to see kind of tackles going in you use to get away with.

Wayne: How about the clash of cash this weekend?

JC: Well Chelsea will set up defensively and will most likely kill of the game. I’m thinking a boring nil all draw.

Wayne: Out of the other game’s what would you say will be the pick of the game’s?

JC: This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but watch out for the Burnley vs Newcastle game both teams had very good wins, Burnley beat Tottenham 3-2 and Newcastle had a good win over Swansea 3-1 both teams will be on a high and both will think they can take the 3 points.

Wayne: Next game we are looking at is West Ham vs Aston Villa, last weekend West Ham had a very good win over Sunderland 4-0 while Aston Villa went down 3-1 vs West Brom. Surely Villa can’t get anything out of this game?

JC: I don’t see Villa getting any points out of this one West Ham are looking good after there win. Granted Sunderland are looking very poor and short in first team numbers but in saying that Villa look poor to.

Wayne: Alright and we will get your tips fr the other games too.

JC: Crystal Palace win over Everton
Southampton win over QPR
Sunderland draw with Leicester
Swansea win over West Brom
Arsenal win over Stoke
Tottenham win over Hull

With the Transfer Window shutting in a week we seem to be having a calm before the storm even the media circus around rumours seems to be quiet so that’s all we have for this week. Tune in next week for the review of the weekend’s games. Also later in the week we will review Arsenals quest to qualify for the Champions league as they have drawn Beşiktaş. We will also have the Champions League draw and me, Jamie and a couple of Special guests will review this draw. There is also the Capital One cup 2nd round and Roy Hodgson will announce the latest England squad. Thanks for tuning in and have a good night

Chelsea and Manchester City batter each other senseless, Burnley shock the Toon and Sturridge wonder strike sinks United. All this and more as we welcome you FM ESPN FC.

That’s right ladies and gentlemen the paramedics were busy yesterday at Stamford Bridge as both teams had five potentially serious injuries the worst of these injuries was Chelsea captain John Terry, a head collision with Yaya Toure left him with a dislocated jaw and will be out for at least a month.
Wayne: Well Jamie you got the score on this one, being a defender did you enjoy all those challenges you saw?

JC: Mate that was like watch a game from 20 years ago, neither team held anything back in defence and there are going to be 22 very sore bodies today, I love it!

Wayne: Mate you’re over excited and we haven’t even got you to Liverpool’s win.

JC: It been an amazing weekend of football, I’m amazed at how hard the people carrying the stretchers had to work. How about the North West Derby game wasn’t it amazing?

Wayne: it was a great goal from Sturridge and I was impressed with how Liverpool defended. Rafael being sent off helped Liverpool’s cause but it was deserved. Good win for Liverpool. Jamie what did you think of Louis van Gaal’s criticism of the referee and him sending off Rafael?

JC: Rafael was the last man and had to go. That’s just normal of a Manchester United Manager is it? Rafael got his timing wrong, his positioning was wrong, he got what he deserved and van Gaal is making excuses for losing at home to their great rivals.

Wayne: Burnley goes 2 from 2 what do you think of that?

JC: They have an extra bounce in there step at the moment promoted teams normally do it is good to see them start well but I’m afraid it won’t last. But as I said it is great to see them get a couple of wins

Wayne: It was another loss for QPR what do you think of their chances of survival?

JC: 0% if I was Charlie Austin I would pack up and leave, they look weak at best. Their defence is to old and slow and there is no fight in the midfield. Charlie Austin is a good player and its obvious his quality is well above the rest of the team. Southampton looked good though.

Wayne: other results were: Villa draw vs West Ham, Everton win vs Crystal Palace, Sunderland beat Leicester, Swansea beat West Brom. Tottenham beat Hull 1-0 wish was an easy game for Tottenham but the game I want to talk about next is Stoke vs Arsenal. Stoke beat Arsenal 3-1. Now that may not sound like much but they played a fully strength side vs Stoke and have taken a risk to play a weakened team mid-week vs Beşiktaş, Jamie do they need to worry?

JC: They did win the 1st leg 2-0 so there is no need to worry about the tie, but in saying that they need to worry they have invested 25 million into the squad so far this season but they still need to add more quality into their squad just to get into the top four. Arsenal fans want trophies though so they do need a lot more business done in the transfer market.

Alright ladies and gentlemen that’s all we have for tonight tune in later in the when we have Arsenals 2nd leg of the Champions league, plus the group Stages draw, Capital One cup 2nd round and the England Squad. Thanks for tuning in and good night.

Game Of The Week

The game of the week this week is the bruising encounter between Chelsea and Man City

Good evening and welcome to FM ESPN FC, tonight on the show we review Arsenals game vs Beşiktaş, the Capital One Cup 2nd round an also the England squad to face Chile and Lithuania. With me on the show I have former Liverpool great Jamie Carragher. Welcome to the show Jamie what did you make of Arsenal’s performance vs Beşiktaş?

JC: Well Wayne it was a very professional performance and they came away with the win and now they are into the group stages of the Champions League.

Wayne: Any stand out players for you?

JC: Danny Welbeck looked good and was rewarded with 2 goals, he is the stand out performer for me, and their back line was never tested so we can’t judge them in any way.

Wayne: How far can Arsenal go in the Champions League?

JC: If the get a favorable draw then the will ease into the knockout stages but they will struggle if they get any of the big boys.

Wayne: Onto the Capital One Cup all the Premier League teams got into the next round were there any surprises for you?

JC: Main surprise for me was Wolves taking Manchester United to extra time. But in the United came through for the win.

Wayne: Now onto the England squad what is standing out for you?

JC: I don’t the inclusion of Glen Johnson he is not match fit and isn’t up to this level yet I would have included Kieran Trippier who has been in excellent form with Burnley so far this season.

Wayne: What do you make of Phil Jagielka being dropped?

JC: Well you feel for him but on the other side of it is that there is a young man John Stones who is also his team mate at Everton has been called up in his place. Stone’s has been in fine form this season so it is good to see him get a go.

Wayne: The other talking point is that Raheem Sterling has been included in front of Ashley Young what is you view?

JC: Sterling is an exciting prospect and might just have the X-factor that Ashley Young and England are missing.

Wayne: This is the first England team that’s been named since Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have retired, how will England cope without their leadership?

JC: the first few months they might struggle but things will fall back into place for England.

Well that’s all we have for today. Join me tomorrow night as I will be bringing the live Champions League draw and as always I will have with me Jamie Carragher, but also I will have with me one player from each team to analyse their team’s draw. Thanks for tuning in and good night.