England66

Reaction score
After playing the game for a few years I feel the youth development is going the wrong way in terms of picking up young players. What I mean by this is I feel it is too easy to pick up a player and make them into unstoppable monsters and therefore develop a endless stream of world class talents that are just gonna destroy teams. Thus the transfer fees for players at the age of 15/16 are extortionate and unrealistic. This for me is a major flaw of building a club and maintaining the club.

My solution to this would be a change in the way PA is displayed in the game or at least lessen the effect. In reality no one can tell whether someone at the age of 15 is going to be world class. I think therefore there should be more players rated as world class potential but less that actually reach it. For me every player reaches there overall potential with ease and it becomes tedious. I think youth players should be able to be signed for less but with a much higher chance of them not reaching their potential. I'm unsure how this would work, but it would actually make it great when you develop the next world beater instead of every player I sign becoming a great.

This would make the game much more realistic and therefore, I think improving the game as a whole. For those that disagree I would put forward the idea that no team unless a european force like madrid, bayern etc. would dare try and negotiate for a 15 year old for more than 10m. I don't care what PA they have if you try and sell me a player at 15 for 10m then whats the point in the game. It is no longer a simulation game as suggested but just a fantastical game like Fifa, now for me if I wanted to do that I would just go play career mode on Fifa.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe make it so that regens stats do not show until a certain age (18/19 maybe), this would "force" the player to rely on match performances and scouting reports.

Maybe make it so that regens stats do not show until a certain age (18/19 maybe), this would "force" the player to rely on match performances and scouting reports.

Yeah, perhaps thats a good idea. I just feel that it causes well too much players being of 4 star ability or better well more than the generation atm and well more than any generation before them. Yes, you will occasionally have a sensational period at a club look at arsenal early 2000s, barca a few years ago. But this does not last forever as we are seeing and therefore why should you still have clubs going for many many years with sensational squads generation after generation. Its just not going to happen. I feel this is the problem with it and why I find it hard to stay at a club for longer than 5-6 seasons because it just becomes too easy to build a team of world beaters.

I get what you're saying as there have been players like Freddy Adu and Michael Johnson who were supposed to be world class but didn't become anywhere near it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like the idea of attribute masking. I think that all attributes for youth players outside of your own club should be completely masked until they either sign a professional contract or play a minimum amount of games. This would protect the clubs who have developed these players since contracts could be signed over multiple years and demand a reasonable deal. Otherwise, Clubs have every right to take a gamble on a player who they can only see games stats for.

When it comes down to it I suppose its all how the individual wants to experience the game. The more realistic approach would be develop home-grown talent with what you would be seeing in front of you in real life (own club and participating league) or scour the world by hitting the search option.

However
what I would like to see FM introduce is the use of foreign youth academies. This way, with financial obligations in play, you can try and develop talent from a particular area of globe while maintaining a sense of realism.