Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
This is going to be my final story before FM16

687474703a2f2f666330312e64657669616e746172742e6e65742f667333342f662f323030382f3330302f642f662f3130305f50657263656e745f48617264636f72655f57616c6c70617065725f62795f4b6576696e686f3136302e706e67

I have decided to do one last story on FM15 and I came up with a fun, but challenging idea for a save. I have thought of very tough, but realistic rules that I have imposed on myself during this save. The rules that I have decided on this save are:

- No using the Player Search system. I can only sign players found by my scouts, recommended by agents or using the search bar for players I know.

- No using the Staff Search system. I can only sign staff who apply for my adverts or ones that I know.

The only thing I have yet do decide is which team I am going to play as. I have narrowed the choices down to 4 potential teams, and it is your decision as to which one I start with. The choices are:

Malmo FF - I have a random soft spot for Malmo, but I have never managed them on FM15. My aim will be to take them to European Glory

Getafe - My best ever save on FM10 was with Getafe. My aim will be to find another Rolando Cristaldo, the best regen I have ever had.

Dortmund - My longest ever save on and Football Manager was with Dortmund on FM game, reaching the year 2042 (and still going). My aim is to turn them into the German powerhouse

Liverpool - My favourite Club

Last edited:
Getafe sounds fun mate and would be the first story I've seen with them on here for ages.

Was undecided wether to vote for Getafe or Malmo.

I guess Getafe offers some better options in the long run. Voted c:

Any of them bar Liverpool sound really interesting; too many Liverpool stories on the go at the moment.

Getafe would definitely be a great story.

Hmm. I wanted to do it with Malmo myself, but lots of people wanting Getafe. I probably won't be able to start until then so plenty of time for things to change yet.

So the winner is Getafe FC. Lets see where this story goes

Getafe_cf_200px.png

Getafe C.F S.A.D are a Spanish side that currently play their football in La Liga. Their recent history has been very forgettable, having hovered around the mid/lower half of the league for the past 10 years. Their finances are currently alright, but they have an outstanding loan of £14.5 Million. They play their home games at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez, a 17,000 all seater stadium. They have only won 2 trophies since they were founded in 1983.

View attachment 230881

Season Expectation

In my first meeting with the club president Angel Torres, he told me that the minimum target for the club was to finish comfortably in mid-table. I decided that this would be a good target as it is my first season here and I will need time to get to know the player. I have also been given a very generous transfer budget of £0. Oh Joy...

View attachment 230876

So, where do you think we will finish this season?

Squad Analysis

View attachment 230873

On paper we have quite a decent looking side. Its nice for one to manage a team where the goalkeeper is one of the best players, and not a weakness. I hate goalkeeper shopping. The only frustrating thing about this side is they have an abundance of good AMRs. While depth is a good thing, players complain so quickly about lack of game time. At least most of them can play AML too. The only real area for concern right now is the lack of natural LBs and back up ST. I will be sending my scouts out straight away to try and find one on a free or for loan. My key players this season are:

View attachment 230867 View attachment 230866 View attachment 230865

The first thing I noticed when I joined the club was that we only had 1 scout, so I went straight to the job centre to play an ad for several new scouts. Now I have to wait for people to apply so I can start to look for players.

(Slightly off-topic, but please can no one suggest players. Normally I would welcome suggestions but that sort of breaks the rules! Thanks)

Last edited:
Pre-season Roundup

View attachment 230723

It was neither the greatest, nor the worst pre-season we could have had. We started off slowly, but as the players started to learn the new tactic and gel together we got a couple of good results, including a 4-0 victory over fellow La Liga side Rayo. Out opening fixtures have been fairly kind I feel. We start off by hosting Real Sociedad, followed by Las Palmas (A), Valencia (H) and Rayo (A). If we can pick up 7 points from our opening games that will hopefully give us some confidence for the upcoming season

Transfer Roundup

View attachment 230720

As expected, not really much action here. The sale of Lafita caused a stir within the club, with Pedro Leon complaining that the squad lacks depth (which really confused me because I can even register all the players in the first team squad). I am still in the market for a new striker, as Alvaro Vazquez picked up an injury again Rayo which will see him out for 6-7 weeks. The two players that i signed were:

Junior Cesar

View attachment 230719

An excellent signing on a free transfer. Has good pace with average mental and technical abilities.

Gerard Moreno

View attachment 230718

Young Gerard has been brought in from Villarreal on loan. He may not be the quickest striker around, but has an eye for goal, and will serve as a good backup

August/September Update

It has been an excellent start to the season and I could not have asked for any more from the lads. I set the goal in 7 points in our opening 4 games which is exactly what we got, including a superb 5-0 victory over Rayo. We also managed to get a good draw against Valencia. Our final game of September was our toughest game yet against Atletico. I was not expecting us to get any sort of result against them, so a 2-1 loss was a respectable result.

Getafe 0 - 1 Real Sociedad

View attachment 230669

I was hoping to get a draw against Sociedad but in the end we ended up with a 1-0 loss. Cala got himself sent off late on which didnt help the side.

Las Palmas 1 - 2 Getafe

View attachment 230668

We got off to our first win of the season against Las Palmas. I was a little disappointed that we were unable to get more goals, but in the end a victory is a victory.

Getafe 1 - 1 Valencia

View attachment 230667

A good result against Valencia. Sarabia has another superb game.

Rayo 0 - 5 Getafe

View attachment 230666

This is more like it! A spectacular win over Rayo, going one better than we did in pre-season. Once again Sarabia has an excellent game, getting 2 assists and a goal.

Getafe 3 - 0 Espanyol

View attachment 230664

Impressive back to back victories for us. New signing Wason Renteria got his first goal for the club. It was nice to get a good result despite resting a few key players for the tough game against Atletico.
Atletico 2 - 1 Getafe

View attachment 230662

A hard fought battle in which we ended up losing by a last minute goal. Atletico has been smashed 9-1 by Barcelona in their previous game, so it was a good time to face them while they were down, but we just werent able to hold onto the result.

League Table

View attachment 230660

Player of the month

View attachment 230654

Pablo Sarabia has been in fine form so far this season. He has wowed the fans with 2 goals and 3 assists so far in 5 games and has got an average rating of 8.04

Transfer Roundup

View attachment 230653

There were two more transfers into the club before the close of the transfer window. Striker Wason Renteria came in on a free transfer to offer depth to the striker department. The 29 year old has 20 caps for his native Colombia. Brazilian Midfielder Gustavo was also bought in for £68k, but went back on loan to Mogi Mirim

View attachment 230652 View attachment 230651

Last edited:
October Update

We continued our good start to the season this month, winning 3 of our 4 games this month. We had another 5-0 victory, this time against Sporting, and a 3-0 victory against Celta. Our final game of the month against Deportivo was a disappointing one, which we lost 2-1. I was expecting a victory in that game so to come away with nothing was very frustrating.

Malaga 1 - 3 Getafe

View attachment 230615

A fantastic game which we dominated throughout. Sarabia continued his excellent form, getting himself another goal and assist.

Getafe 5 - 0 Sporting

View attachment 230614

Diego Castro had the game of his life by getting himself on the score sheet 4 times and got a rating of 9.9. 2 Penalties and 2 outstanding finishes, as well as a goal from Moreno gave us an emphatic victory over Sporting

Getafe 3 - 0 Celta

View attachment 230613

Another clean sheets which makes up a total of 4 all season. Gomez was the star of the game with 2 goals, but also again I need to highlight the excellent performance of Sarabia.

Deportivo 2 - 1 Getafe

View attachment 230612

It was disappointing to come away with a loss, especially as Deportivo got the winner in the final minutes. Deportivo had been using all through the second half, so on balance we deserved to lose.

League Table

View attachment 230610

Player of the Month

View attachment 230609
Sarabia is once again the player of the month. He has gone even better than last month, and has a really bright future ahead of him.