Samcoollol

Reaction score
i sign decent players
i put players in right positions
i do what staff say in backroom meetings
i play players in their preffered style (like pocaher, complete forward, etc)
i use tactics
i use shouts

Yet I still lose nearly every match, no matter who im managing. In my Liverpool save, I didnt finish in top 4. In my real madrid save I didnt win la liga OR champions league. In my psg save i am like 4 matches in, won 1, drawn 1, lost 2. In my Leeds save I got sacked, so I did it again, and i can only seem to win when i holiday matches.

i sign decent players
i put players in right positions
i do what staff say in backroom meetings
i play players in their preffered style (like pocaher, complete forward, etc)
i use tactics
i use shouts

Yet I still lose nearly every match, no matter who im managing. In my Liverpool save, I didnt finish in top 4. In my real madrid save I didnt win la liga OR champions league. In my psg save i am like 4 matches in, won 1, drawn 1, lost 2. In my Leeds save I got sacked, so I did it again, and i can only seem to win when i holiday matches.

Your tactics may be a bit off, other than that you seem to be expecting to much, on my first liverpool save i came 5th then 2nd i came 3rd its about patience and team cohesion if you sign to many players your team will be unsettled.

You don't give enough detail and your tactics don't sound great from what I've read. FM is not awful, you aren't playing it brilliantly, look at guides and find what you're doing wrong.

You need to give it time. Cant expect to win everything straight away. You also need to work on the tactics game by game and exploit the opposition weaknesses before they exploit yours! You can't just plug n play anymore!

I thought I was bad then I realised can't get much worse than present outside the game for Liverpool and realised I'm actually doing a decent job stick at it it'll come

FM is not awful. Sorry to say it but your tactics are.

Change them. Use other people's as a basis and tweak them to suit your team.

I thought at first that the game wasn't very good, FM12 has been my favourite version since FM06 and I've been hooked on it, so first impressions of 13 weren't the best to say the least. But perseverance is the key, it's pointless ripping up tactics if you don't win in three or four games (my start to my first season brought 2 points from 4 games) but tweak to suit your players. Analyse what's going wrong and try to put it right, build tactics to suit your players and make sure your player interaction is plentiful and, more importantly, correct.
It's not just about following what the game tells you to do or hoovering up the best players available (Man city spring to mind), it's about building a squad and getting them to do what you want them to. It's a gradual process, and while it can be frustrating it's massivey enjoyable when things finally click.

I bet Brendan Rodgers wishes he was playing FM13 instead of managing the real Liverpool, mind you if he was we'd probably have more threads saying how **** FM13 is because he wouldn't have a ******* clue what he was doing on it either.

FM 2013 is more realistic than all previous versions. This makes it more difficult and in turn, for me, a much better game.

One thing that I have repeatedly noticed is that team cohesion plays a very important role. If you buy more than 2/3 players in one go and you dont sufficiently train team cohesion/teamwork you will suffer for some time.

Also morale is very important. I routinely reach half time drawing or losing but then manage to turn matches around (yes sometimes even in the last minute) having "motivated and inspired" at least 3 players of my team at half time.

Somebody says not to chop and change tactics. He's both wrong and right. Dont do it too often but understand that you cant face every opponent during a season with the same tactics.

Do the simple stuff at least: use an anchor man to man mark the amc (if the opposition plays with a formation using one) etc.

Also choose XI with the best form and not necessarily the top 11 players in your squad.

Somebody says not to chop and change tactics. He's both wrong and right. Dont do it too often but understand that you cant face every opponent during a season with the same tactics.

I'm 31 games into the Championship season with Wolves, and I'm steaming the league with 17 points between us and second place. I've used my 4-4-2 formation throughout the whole season and only changed individual player tactics when making changes to the starting lineup or when making substitutions. I didn't win any of my first four games but have been unbeaten since.
I've found that a lot of it is in-game reaction to what's happening, and the most pleasing moment for me was going down 1-0 to Birmingham within a minute to eventually win the game 4-1. I'm not saying it's always possible to find one tactic and stick to it, but it's certainly worked for me so far in my first season.

Having said that this was all within the last couple of weeks so I've no idea how that will change with the new ME rollout, but knowing what style you want to play (and let the opposition worry about you) and finding the players to fit it go a long way in this game. I've carried this tactic through many versions of FM, and while I did have to tweak a few things for FM13 it's still looking pretty solid for me.

Arrange your match preparation on a fortnightly basis, this will help if you pick accordingly. Tactics will be your main issue i imagine