brii

Reaction score
i couldnt find a similar thread...so...

Is producing the Football Manager game once per year too much for Si?
I personally would prefer a more pollished Fm once every 2 years with patches and league updates on an as needed basis.

Some people would say " I've baught the game...why should i have to bug test it?"...

Your thoughts?

Do you say the same about FIFA, PES, etc?

Games of this size are always buggy, the sheer amount of coding and hugeness of the database means there would still be bugs even if it was released once every 2 years.

Do i say the same about them....No im talking about FM

I've never played Fifa or pes or any console game.....and this being a forum i thought it not a bad question lol.

I dont think this would apply for games like fifa or pes, as they are console based (they do have pc versions obviosuly but more catered towards console) and so a new one every year is more applicable. However, a FM game every two years could work, as in all fairness, FM11 is not that much different from FM10, it has a few tweeks, and the introduction of agents etc, that could in all fairness be done in a patch which would have also included the latest league updates and transfers, I actually think this would be a good idea, means SI could get the game right on the day of release as they would have had worked two years on it and so should be bug free. Plus the patch could be charged a lot cheaper than a brand spanking new game. I dont think people should just write this off with things like

no lol worst idea ever !!!

As its a valid question that I think could work very well in practice.

Not sure about this to be honest. It won't happen anyway, as SI will release every year to maximise the possible money they can receive.

I'd like the idea of releasing a bug free game, but even releasing only every 2 years would far from guarantee this. There would probably still be bugs present, and we'd have to wait much longer for any significant changes to the game that way.

I don't like how I buy a game that is ridden with bugs until December/January - surely they should put it through a more intensive testing procedure for a longer time. I wouldn't mind a December release as long as the game was playable. As it is, I'm not starting any long term saves until the many bugs are fixed.

In all honesty I beleive that when the year is ending I start to get bored of the old FM's and always look forward to the new one coming out, Even with the updates it wouldn't add in players who are new to the scene and give them the correct stats and if Si where to just create the database then they'd be aswell just releasing another game especially because they will simply be working for free! The game sells and they make money.

And when the game gets released in decemeber it would be update time for transfers so you wouldn't get to play through the start of the season on that database as theyre would be updates coming out! bad idea. good question though for a debate.

Do i say the same about them....No im talking about FM

I've never played Fifa or pes or any console game.....and this being a forum i thought it not a bad question lol.

I didnt say it was a bad question, this a forum for discussion and debate, i haven't had a go at you, just put my view accross, nor did i act like some if the n00bs with 'no worst idea ever lolol' etc.

I compared it to pes and fifa because they are released every year despite being bugged and frankly full of problems, particularly relating to online play.

The idea of a release every two years is a decent argument, but will never happen as it will make SI and Miles Jacobson less money.

It would also imo, kill the fansite community, most of the (usually teenage) members of the forums get so bored after about ten months of playing the same game that the fansites just turn into spam and arguments among members as they have nothing to occupy thier minds.

Last edited:
Realisticaly, a game of this scope would take about 4 years to have a completely polished product that includes everything it needs to IMO, they release it every year for the same reason sequels to various franchises are yearly, easy cash-in.

Realisticaly, a game of this scope would take about 4 years to have a completely polished product that includes everything it needs to IMO, they release it every year for the same reason sequels to various franchises are yearly, easy cash-in.
or for the fact they simply couldnt afford to do that.

I can see the merits of once a year and once every 2 years (money, then less bugs)

Reality - never will happen, most companies nowadays (Note, I say most, EA most prominantly) care about the money.

Onto for the issue with releasing the game with bugs present, and many of you saying you would prefer to wait longer for the release of a better quality game.

Well that would cost SI and ultimnately the gamer, more money. Bug testing requires lots of people playing the game for a long time, which means paying more money.

The price of producing such a data intensive game is kept relatively low because as many of you say, we are all essentially beta testing the game for free in the first couple of months after release.

If SI were to release the game later, having tested it more thoroughly, not only would we have to wait longer for it, but it would cost us more too.