LethalManager

Reaction score
everytime i am on football manager my computer switches itself off!
it's getting beyond annoying and driving me insane!
the time it takes to turn itself off varies all the time from 5 mins - 2 hours sometimes!

anyone experienced this?
what can i do??

:(:(

cheers!

maybe your computer turns too hot so that why the computer shuts down

That probably is most likely. Don't run so many programs and make sure the vents arent covered or blocked.

If it only does this whilst playing FM, you have a knackered registry. Windows is fooked, so zap the lot (Windows - THE LOT!) and restart.

If it does it all the time, it could be one of many things. jiggered CPU, jiggered heat trip, jiggered memory...any jiggered piece of hardware really. It could also still be a jiggered registry.

the time it takes to turn itself off varies all the time from 5 mins - 2 hours sometimes!

anyone experienced this?
what can i do??

cheers!
I know exactly what you mean, i have the same thing. It can sometimes even go days, it is not the first computer i have had either that has doen it.

It still does not sto the addiction.

I had this issue, whenever I ask too much of my comp (burning dvds, any sort of multitasking!) it just clicks and switches off. I downloaded and installed a app called speedfan which tells you the temps of your hardware. It was running far too hot so I now have a portable fan pointing into my comp and its never happened again! Not ideal though!

this is still happening to me!
hate my life basically! haha.
PC World here i come..

I had the same problem only with a different game. Rome Total War. I'd bought a new graphics card so I could play it, would work fine for so long then computer would shut down. If I turned it straight back on it would last for 5 - 10 mins then shut down again.

Problem was the computer overheating. I had another fan installed inside computer and problem solved.

the main problem is ur laptop or pc gets too hot and shuts down and wont turn back on untill it cooles down. so try not to run lots of things a make sure ur computer or lapto gets air.

ah i had this on fm2006... sometimes its the screen resoloution that needs to be changed, mine use to just black out and then turn itself off, best thing to do is check resoloution required.... if that doesn't work, then maybe your computer doesn't have the right graphic space/space in general to run the game, get a laptop, much better =]

Download a programme called memtest and test your memory. In my experience problems like this are most often heat or RAM related. You do clean the inside of your computer out i take it? Dust attracts moisture which is a big no no for electrical components :p

Post up your PC specs

Last edited:

anyone experienced this?
what can i do??

cheers!

i'd experienced the same thing. i download latest Wise Disk Cleaner 4 and Wise Registry Cleaner 4 and it's FREE! run those programs and put my table fan directed to my cpu (open the side cover totally) and the problem SOLVED!!! and i solved lots of other problems too.