Footy4Life89

Banned
Reaction score
Hi

I have been playing football manager since FM 2008 and I have been enjoying them and playing fine but this year it slike watching paint dry it runs so slowly I had a Tottenham save a while ago I played 6 games in 5 hours all the other FM's have been slower than desktop computer users obviously but this is friggin ridiculous! I am only loading the EPL - L2 in England and the SPL - SD3 in Scotland so is there any reasonm why this is happening please get back to me ASAP

Cheers
Footy4life89

Fjew questions. What part of the game is slow? Prosessing fixtures, match engine or the user interface in general? What kind of computer do you have (memory, processor etc.) and what antivirus software are you using? I have an old laptop and im using Avasti, and I have to turn it off before I start playing. Otherwise the game is really slow, but when I turn it off it works reasonably well. Only problem I have is that when im selecting a squad for a match, it suddenly slows down and its sometimes really frustrating. There are fjew settings you might want to change in the game preferencies like processing fixtures to fastest wich might help. Also if youre using skins or other addons remove them. I have find out that the original dark skin seems actualy lighter than the white one. No idea how that is possible. :)

Other thing you might want to do if you have an old computer like I do, is go to task manager/processies and end fjew pointless sofware from running like explorer wich will free some memory. You would be surprised how much memory you can free doing that. If you accidently end something important dont worry you just have to restart your computer. :)

I have one question in mind also. Is it possible to run this game without steam? It could be the reason why your game is slow. I have no use for it. Its just there to make the game slower.

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate will take these on board later cant play just now i'm goin out but thanks for the help and lets hope these changes help and the slowness is the general interface the matches and the fixtures when i search a name in the top right it takes about 30 secs to search and about 40 secs when i click on the name the games are very stop starty and the fixtiures take about 5 minutes to process per game

Same here, it doesn't take that much, but it's still slow comparing to FM11. Basically, it works good when I just open my laptop up, or I am not running anything else.

1) How much memory do you have?
2) Are you using a graphics card?
3) What programs are you running in the background?
4) What database size are you using?

My PC isn't top end but I regularly upgrade parts to keep it running quick, and I've noticed when I'm using intensive programs such as CS2 to make facepacks the game can get a bit jittery. I'm sure it's using more resources than previous versions, so if you've not got a decent spec machine you're going to have problems.

Not sure about the memo but will delete programs i' dont use just now
graphics card no idea
no programs in the background as far as i'm aware
medium database

Fjew questions. What part of the game is slow? Prosessing fixtures, match engine or the user interface in general? What kind of computer do you have (memory, processor etc.) and what antivirus software are you using? I have an old laptop and im using Avasti, and I have to turn it off before I start playing. Otherwise the game is really slow, but when I turn it off it works reasonably well. Only problem I have is that when im selecting a squad for a match, it suddenly slows down and its sometimes really frustrating. There are fjew settings you might want to change in the game preferencies like processing fixtures to fastest wich might help. Also if youre using skins or other addons remove them. I have find out that the original dark skin seems actualy lighter than the white one. No idea how that is possible. :)

Other thing you might want to do if you have an old computer like I do, is go to task manager/processies and end fjew pointless sofware from running like explorer wich will free some memory. You would be surprised how much memory you can free doing that. If you accidently end something important dont worry you just have to restart your computer. :)

I have one question in mind also. Is it possible to run this game without steam? It could be the reason why your game is slow. I have no use for it. Its just there to make the game slower.

I have Norton and not sure how to turn it off and i'm on windows vista what is the vista equivalent of task manager

tumblr_kudj1dFTrj1qzvqipo1_400.png