bendobson

Reaction score
Hello,

Bit of a strange one, after my game updated to 13.1.2 it is running rather sluggishly,

Seems to take a while to process etc, & during the game there seems to be a lag on the commentary mode.

I have tried all of the usual tips, turning 3D off etc, but still not joy.

The game was running great before the new patch.

I am only running the one league on a large database with around 16000 players, with full stars for performance etc, & 3 stars for 3D rating.

My PC stats:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120830-0334)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: G31T-M7
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Graphics Card GEForce 9500 GT

Not really tech savy but is my PC up to scratch?

No idea why it has slowed down since this new patch.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Patches should not cause slow downs, are you sure nothing else is running in the background.

YOur system is towards the lower end of the requirements to run the game, especially the RAM, 2gb is pretty small.

Hi Jake!

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated.

Had a look and nothing is open, but had a feeling it was the RAM issue.

Complete tech novice, & apologies for the silly question but what & where would I see if anything was running in the background?

press ctrl + alt + delete and open task manager.

Then go to processes and click the memory tab to put them in order of highest to lowest. Things like itunes stay running even after you exit, if you want to kill a background program right click it and then select end process. Things that are safe to close have easily recognisable names, like itunes, or other programs you have been using but have now exited.

May be best in the long run to get some more RAM added to your system

Yeah will look into getting some more RAM put in,

PC was made around 3 years ago so bound to need an update.

Thank you again for your help

Rather than start a new similar thread I was hoping I could borrow this one please.

I'm having issues with the game each time it processes. According to my task manager it runs flat out at 100% on CPU usage. And I have around 115 processes running. Is that standard?

My RAM is 4GB with Genuine Intel(R) Processor.

Thanks lots for any advice or info

try this:

Start - Run - %appdata%

Folder : Sprots Interactive (Off course
tongue.gif
), Football Manager 2013, then delete all folders in it (coz I'm not sure which one the exact....)

Load again the game, It'll set to default, no face-pack, kits..etc.
You'll have to re-set the preferences in the game once more time....

Tell me if it works...
smile.gif

Last edited:
Hey why don't you try game Razer Game Booster.

It shuts down all background programs while you play the game.

i had this issue last year but found out it was the latest utorrent download installed on my comp ! i uninstalled it and restored previous version and the speed of the game went bk up so had nothing to do with patch ! hope this helps