FM Starting Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairPlay

Reaction score
Hey, I was playing FM earlier, as you do, everything normal. I turned off my laptop to go play a few games with the family. I turn my laptop on and go to start up FM and it says

"not-well formed (invaild token) at line 1 of default.xml"

I press to load it up again and it says its already running.

Has anyone encountered this problem? And if so help me out so i can play FM again!

Many Thanks,

FairPlay

What does the FULL line say. There is a bad line in one of the config files in the game directory. To close FM down fully, just load up Task Manager(right click on empty space of taskbar), click the processes tab, and find the one named 'fm.exe'. Right Click that, and click end process.

Thats what it says, in the top left, the title of the box is "XML parsing error!"

Does that help?

i get this quite alot and i delete the settings folder which is located in USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/FM2010

Sean has a thread for this
I'll try and find it.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

i get this quite alot and i delete the settings folder which is located in USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/FM2010

That's what Sean's thread says :L

What will the setting folder do?

And Messi, your technique did not work :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.