FM/Steam Won't Start

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got my new edition of Football Manager today, and after some annoyances whilst trying to install it, I eventually got it working and starting enjoying my new game.

Having saved, quit, and come back to try and load it up again however, it doesn't seem to be working.
There is no error message or anything; simply when I click on the FM (or Steam for that matter) icon, and hourglass comes up for a split second, before disappearing.

My computer is Vista, and I pretty much purchased it with the intention of it running FM smoothly - as sound as it sounds.

Does anyone have any solutions? I'm sorry if there are a number of threads on this sort of thing, but I'm finding no-one with solutions to this precise problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.

No sorry I haven't had this problem yet. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for you soon.

Don't worry, I've got it sorted now.

Basically, for anyone interested, I went into the 'Program Files', then 'Steam', then renamed the 'Clientregistry.blob' to 'clientregistryold.blob', deactivated my antivirus, then loaded up Steam which led to an automatic update.

Thanks anyway to the vast number of posts flooding into help though ;)

I have a problem of similar mould. When I try to open FM2010 this comes up and it just stays on it. Please help.

steamwontload.jpg

Redrup perhaps the above post could help with your issue? If not then sorry I don't know

Wow that's good then! Now you can enjoy FM peacefully :)