paddy420

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted on here... thought I'd give my current career some exposure. I have already completed the first season (which will appear in the next post) so the second season onwards will get a bit more informative.

Career History

Sports Club Egedal (Denmark)

2013/2014
Danish Second Division East - 3rd out of 16
Danish Cup - 3rd Round

Last edited:
2013/2014 Season Review

**2013/14 season was completed before starting this FM story, future posts will be a bit more detailed**

View attachment 370395
2013/2014 Season Review

So, my FM Career begins with amateur Danish side Sports Club Egedal... Who's heard of them? I certainly haven't so I decided to do a quick Wikipedea search which delivered this useful snippet of information:

"Sports Club Egedal is a Danish football club from Egedal, currently playing in the Danish Second Division East. The club was founded in July 2011, when Stenlose BK and Olstykke FC merged."

Thanks Wiki, that's real informative of you. Looking at the club history in game they have just 2 previous seasons recorded: 2011/12 saw relegation out of Second Division East while the following season the club managed to regain their Danish 3rd tier status after winning Group 2 of the Denmark Series.

Anyways, onwards to the action:

The aim of my first season as SC Egedal manager was fairly simple: don't get ourselves relegated back down to the 4th tier. The only problem with that aim was the fact that the media predicted us a 16th (last) place finish in the Danish Second Division East & my squad looked like they'd easily finish stone cold last if I did not improve drastically. The entirety of pre-season was spent signing up anyone & everyone that my scout recommended to me, while releasing players I considered to be deadwood... this resulted in an almost entirely new starting XI by the time we kicked off the competitive season with a 2:1 home win over Svebolle.

The season began well only tasting defeat twice in the first two months of Second Division East action as well as reaching the Danish Cup 3rd Round after defeating the eventual champions of our league Fremad Amager in the 1st Round & lower league side Otterup in the 2nd Round. Our reward for marching on in the cup was a home tie against reigning Superliga champs FC Kobenhavn which we went on to lose 4:0, but made a bit of money in the process from the game being shown on Danish TV. League form began to fluctuate when 3 straight victories were followed up with 3 defeats on the bounce. A win over Boldklubben af 1893 sent us in to the winter break a bit happier in 6th place.

I used the winter break much like I did with pre-season - to sign up anything with a pulse that will improve my playing squad. I think I was pretty successful in the end as I brought in a few players from other Danish Second Division sides who really made an impact in the 2nd half of the season. We restarted competitive action with a home defeat to Sollerod-Vedbaek but then went on a magnificent run of 10 games undefeated - including wins over Svebolle, Nykobing FC, FC Roskilde, Vanlose, Frem, Avarta & Birkerod - which raised us up to 3rd in the league table, only 3 points off league leaders Fremad Amager.

The dangled carrot of promotion in my first season was snatched away quicker then it was put in place as an inconsistent final 4 fixtures started with defeat to Boldklubben 1908, a result that dropped us to 4th place & put the title challenge (& only promotion spot out of the division) to rest. We defeated high-fliers FC Helsingor with a 4:3 victory away from home in what I've decided to be match of the season but followed that up with an embarrassing 3:1 home defeat against relegation dodging Nordvest FC. 3rd place was finally regained on the last day of the league season when an emphatic performance saw us run out 4:1 winners over Boldklubben af 1893.

Last edited:
2014/2015 Pre Season Review

View attachment 370373
2014/2015 Pre Season Review

After the sheer success of finishing 3rd in the Danish Second Division East last season as an amateur team I thought it would be a case of all my stars getting snapped up by teams that can pay a wage - luckily this was not the case & I managed to retain all my players throughout pre season. Much like last season, I went on a signing spree... as loyalty will only get you so far. Having raided my fellow amateur friends & the free transfer market for 15 new recruits I felt suitably prepared for another shot at doing something other then being relegated with SC Egedal.

The pre season fixtures went past without any real noteworthy action other then one of my new centre backs scoring an own goal in the first warm up fixture & getting himself sent off in the second - hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

2014/2015 August Review

View attachment 369849
2014/2015 August Review

We started the Danish Second Division East season off with an away 1:0 victory over Boldklubben 1908 - a match that impressed me as we could have put 5 past them if it weren't for their outstanding goalkeeper. My trio of first choice strikers Henrik Lyngso Olsen (my 13/14 top scorer despite being signed midway through last season from Birkerod), Andreas Bak (signed at the start of this season from Svebolle) & Jakob Spangsberg (signed at the start of last season from Frederiksberg Alliancen 2000) were playing well together, creating numerous chances throughout the game. My optimism for the season was dampened some what when what should have been a routine home win over rivals FC Roskilde ended in a 3 goal reversal! The fans were not happy about that one.

Danish Cup action saw us regain confidence when my front line ran absolutely riot at lower league side FK Odsherred, scoring 7 with only 1 in reply... new signing Andreas Bak scored his first goal for the club in the 3rd minute of the game, his 2nd in the 6th minute & completed his hat-trick in the 13th! Youngsters Lasse Gilsfeldt & Jasin Khayat also got on the score sheet which is nice. We defeated Boldklubben af 1893 away from home & then lost another home fixture, this time to Naevsted before sailing through to the Danish Cup 3rd Round for the second time in a row after beating fellow Division Two East side Glostrup Albertslund after extra time. August's on field action ended with a 1-all tie at Greve.

At the end of August we lost one of our brightest talents when 18 year old defedner Mikkel Wolf (signed from HB Koge at the start of last season) decided to go semi-pro & signed a part time contract with First Division outfit Silkborg IF. So at the end of the month my SC Egedal side sit 10th in the table & have a Danish Cup 3rd Round tie next month against Superliga side FC Nordsjaelland, who beat us 3:0 in a pre season friendly.