mishyf

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been playing FM for many years. This is my 4th year on tablet (many years before on PC).
FM Touch used to have a different tactic extension (.tac) in the past different to .fmf extension used for PC. Thus, if played on tablet it required to recreate a tactic from scratch and team instructions, player instructions, set pieces were needed.
Now it uses the same extension and only a few small steps are required to import it to the FM Touch tablet version.

I've decided to share this steps for those who play the Touch version on iPads.

Steps:

1) Download iTunes and install
2) Connect the iPad to iTunes and wait for the sync to finish
3) Select the tablet and go to File Sharing
4) Select FM Touch
5) Click Add file and add the desired downloaded tactic
6) Click Done, disconnect and enjoy.

When you load the tactic inside FM Touch just go one folder up from the tactics folder which is opened by default in order to see the imported tactic.

These steps are for iPads without jailbreak. With jailbreak just download the tactic directly on the iPad, use iFile or any other file explorer and copy the tactic into the FM Touch tactics folder.

I don't know if this thread will be allowed inside the tactics section but in my opinion this is related and I thought this was the perfect place to add it.

Enjoy and happy trophy hunting.

Last edited:
Location of tactics

So having followed the directions above i successfully loaded some tactics. However, recently i tapped iPad (2) by accident and now everytime i try to load a tactic it only gives me the option of iPad (2) and not documents etc.

Anybody have any idea how to get out of this?

So having followed the directions above i successfully loaded some tactics. However, recently i tapped iPad (2) by accident and now everytime i try to load a tactic it only gives me the option of iPad (2) and not documents etc.

Anybody have any idea how to get out of this?

Go to Preferences and click “Reset to defaults”. But you will also need to set again your desired game preferences.
When you will try to load the tactics again after the above step you will be inside the Tactics folder so you have to click “Up” one time to see the tactics.

Last edited: