I am now also having this problem from a mac, I have installed from an internet download, all smooth, done everything suggested on all other help threads... Verified Game Cache a number of times, renamed registry.blob to registryOld.blob and it created a new file, deleted local content and reinstalled the game.. Rather frustrating!

I don't know whether anyone else has noticed or experienced this but my download of the game through Steam on every occasion has started to slow down and get stuck on 71%. Last time I quit steam and re-opened and it continued downloading, this time I am leaving it be and so far it has trailed along to 73% in about half an hour? Seem odd?

Also once the download/install is complete there is no folder in my documents, sports interactive/football manager 2013? There should be right? Someone please help

I feel that what's happening is that it's downloaded but not installed. But there is no option for me to install, only to "Play",
I believe this because on Steam it gives me the option to Install FM12 but not FM13...