Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
OK, so generally, in the middle of a match, my laptop suddenly cuts out. It's as if the battery has been taken out of it. But I have my charger in, my battery is at 100%. It's getting really annoying because I can't get past this one match without my laptop suddenly turning itself off. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your laptop is a basketball fan?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But on topic, this only happens with FM? Have you tried any other games, previous FMs maybe?

Reaction score
Sounds like it is over heating. Check that laptop is clear of dust and properly ventilated

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Possibly a hard drive problem, or maybe an overheating problem. Like Kris said, maybe worth tryin a previous FM game

Reaction score
Previous FMs work fine. FM10 had no problems. Even Crysis works on here well enough. So it's only FM11 :O

TGW

Reaction score
Yeh, it's definitely overheating - try and buy a cooling pad for it, then it should cut off :)

Reaction score
I have a fan pad, so I'm going to try that. I'll let you know what happens...

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

You guys are brilliant! I just used my fan pad and it didn't crash during this match... Hopefully I'm not jinxing it, but it looks like it's working...

Reaction score
i had the exact same problem, it also helps if you dont have the charger plugged in when it is a full battery(H)