FM11(far post) vs FM10(lurk outside)

Why don't you try it and find out? Or better yet, use the search function and find out...

lurk outside was crazy effective - i had players (midfielders, strikers, defenders - everyone) scoring in excess of three goals per game off of corners, all the time.
far post results with less than a goal per game and is only useful with defenders.

On this FM I'm scoring loads from Front Post actually.

I don't really get why people moan about it being a corner bug though, the guy that scores goals for me has great aerial ability and is a really good header of the ball.
Although I suppose 12 goals from 24 games for a centre back in a mid-table championship team is quite unrealistic :/

I don't really get why people moan about it being a corner bug though, the guy that scores goals for me has great aerial ability and is a really good header of the ball.
Although I suppose 12 goals from 24 games for a centre back in a mid-table championship team is quite unrealistic :/

Any chance you can explain your corner routine in more detail?

Any chance you can explain your corner routine in more detail?

Sure :)
Here's a picture of what I'm using at the moment:

The guy attacking near post is the key.
I've recently changed it round, but it has normally been my centre back taking that role like I said. He has good Aerial ability (16 heading, 15 jumping) and in the two seasons I've been using this tactic (and still 10 games to go in the 2nd) he's scored 24 league goals. 15 in this campaign, which is pretty impressive!
Although do note that I had a guy who was very good at long throws who assisted quite a few of those goals too.
Both of my corner kick takers are right footed, so inswinging from the left is probably where most of the goals come from.

Hope that helps :)

take note that even AI has more goals from corner than me.. I don't think scoring from corner is a bug.. and somemore it doesn't guarantee you goals in every match..

Edit: I'm referring to near post corner

Last edited:

I've also found the near post to be effective without being exploitative with Necid or Steven Taylor there (although Taylor can score from corners 3 games in a row ;))

Last edited:
The lurker tactics was awesome on FM10 XD - Got like 30 goals a season from an otherwise useless Possebon. The far post tactic is effective but often the scorer will score a hat-trick then not score for another five games, so consistency is not very good. The front post tactic that I've seen on Zero Sea's tactic is pretty good, more effective in lower league though.

Nothing beats the lurker tactic though, that was the shizz.

Far post defo. All my saves have a defender attack far post from corners and he scores between 12 and 20 goals a season. even chipped in with a few hat tricks. but player has to be unstopable in the air i.e terry but david luiz and shawcross work for me. oh and lucio