oasisinthesun

Reaction score
Yeah yeah wrong forum but wanted a quick feedback.

I've been playing this fine game since CM1 but it's got too comprehensive. Used to be able to do a season in a day, now it takes 10 hours just to get to first preseason friendly!

I'm desperate to start a game on either CM01/02 or CM 03/04, fortunately for me i've got a Mac though. I bought and hammered both games but can't find the discs anywhere. Does anyone know where I can download a Mac compatible version of either of these for aMac? The Eidos free version of 01/02 is PC Only...

Next up, ive found the 01/02 update to bring upto date but is there a 03/04 update to 10/11 season anywhere for download?

I wanna get into FM11 but the symplicity of the older version just makes them far more playable

Mate, 10 hours to get to the first pre-season friendly? It's pretty easy to get through a season in a day. I do it every time I play the game. Just give your assistant more responsibility (arranging and controlling friendlies, opposition instructions, etc).

I don't know about you, but I think the complexity is the beauty of FM11. There's just so much depth and things to do now.

Mate, 10 hours to get to the first pre-season friendly? It's pretty easy to get through a season in a day. I do it every time I play the game. Just give your assistant more responsibility (arranging and controlling friendlies, opposition instructions, etc).

Really?! Takes a few hours just to sort your squad, tactics and transfers out

Yeah. If you want, you can leave everything to your assistant, and if you want to go through quickly, you can holiday your way through a season. Kinda defeats the object though, as you don't have control over press conferences etc

Well yeah, it takes a bit longer when you're starting a new save. But after you've sorted your tactics (I have about six or seven saved which is more than enough), imported training schedules, and got your coaches, etc, you can fly through it.

Some people spend hours scouting players pre-season, while I look in specific places over the course of about ten minutes. I also don't watch the matches, which saves a lot of time. I guess it just depends on how meticulous you are with it.

I also leave my assistant to attend press conferences and sort and control friendlies.

Last edited:
in depth? thats what game is all about innit? being a manager

What's the point in rushing through the game? Might aswell take your time with it and get it right.

Hate rushing through. Tried it once to see what happens, and lost too many important games, and morale dropped because of poor team talks.

Takes me 4-5 days to go through a season, so thats about 8hours..

Pre-Season takes me 3hours.Looking for the perfect players and making sure I won't get in debt, sorting my coaches out, loaning out players to good clubs,

I spend huge amount of time on everything, from tactics to players, and it takes a lot of time but i prefer to play that way...
Just love to focus on all areas of the club and the game, and try to know all my players as best as I can.

Yeah point taken, just feels a bit heavy now. Don't get me wrong, the thoroughness and attention to detail is what makes the game what it is.

Benn keen to start a game for weeks but can't be *rsed with the marathon it'll take before i get into a match, especially if I go as two teams.

Last edited:
I prefer it to take longer, there is a lot more options available, and i find it a more realistic game because of this.
But it doesnt take that long...

2 days and 7 hours
January 2013 (2.5 seasons)

And alot of that game time is spent posting replies on here, so take quite a few hours off of that

I think it just depends how you want to play it. Personally, I don't have the patience to spend more than a day going through a season, and I find some of the game's tasks a bit repetitive or boring (press conferences and opposition instruction, in particular).

Going back to your OP, I'm on Mac and I was pretty sure the games you mentioned aren't Mac compatible?

The simplicity is there if you're looking for it, most people just prefer immersing themselves in the game and micromanaging, hence all the new features since earlier versions.
If you know who to manage, which players to buy and sell and what tactic you want, you've pretty much got the pre-season done with - just gotta actually play the games.

EDIT:
I think it just depends how you want to play it. Personally, I don't have the patience to spend more than a day going through a season, and I find some of the game's tasks a bit repetitive or boring (press conferences and opposition instruction, in particular).
Those can all be left to your assistant manager. Just gotta make sure he doesn't say the wrong things :p Also, opposition instructions aren't always needed - I find I often play much better if I don't pay specific attention to opposition players, especially when playing weaker teams.

Last edited:
Going back to your OP, I'm on Mac and I was pretty sure the games you mentioned aren't Mac compatible?

They are, but are as rare as Roy Hodgson's next job offer will be. I found the boxes the other day but no discs in them. Thought Christmas had come early..turns out it was Halloween!

Are you being serious?
Already played 3000 hours on my current save, still playing my pre-season friendlies!

My word... you are in depth. Takes me 10 minutes max to get a properly functioning, completely workable tactic and squad up and then three or so preseason friendlies to do the preliminary tweaking. 5 games into the season and the tactic is set in stone, and all of my transfers have been done.

Yeah point taken, just feels a bit heavy now. Don't get me wrong, the thoroughness and attention to detail is what makes the game what it is.

Benn keen to start a game for weeks but can't be *rsed with the marathon it'll take before i get into a match, especially if I go as two teams.

Two teams? You're playing as two teams? That explains a lot...