FM12: Player's Fixed PA 155+ & -10's & 9's ***SPOILERS***

How is Gerrard > Xavi?!

Surely his injury proneness is 15+ these days. His FA Cup and Champions League final days are unfortunately long gone.

No bias though :p

-10 and -9 explanation.

Aaron Ramsey, the only player with PA -10 in Fm2012, means that He has a potential of roughly 180 to 200 (if im not wrong, or somewhere along the line), meaning that SI isn't sure about his development but still rate him highly enough to give him -10.
e.g. One guy's game can see Ramsey getting 199 PA, a different game will see him 180 PA and yea you get the idea. -9 is pretty much the same except the PA range is about 160 to 180 roughly, but you get the idea, generally it means player with -10 have more future than players with -9 GENERALLY

I use the editor for this but i think i may have made mistakes due to misunderstanding what to do. SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERIES.
First of all does CA mean current ability and PA mean potential ability?
I am not sure on the -10 -9 etc apart from it is used on the PA- howver i thought you wrote a figure of say 195 for a PA so that the player had great PA, is this similar to writin -10/-9 or am i doing it wrong? Someone please help. THanks

I use the editor for this but i think i may have made mistakes due to misunderstanding what to do. SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERIES.
First of all does CA mean current ability and PA mean potential ability?
I am not sure on the -10 -9 etc apart from it is used on the PA- howver i thought you wrote a figure of say 195 for a PA so that the player had great PA, is this similar to writin -10/-9 or am i doing it wrong? Someone please help. THanks

yes CA means current ability and PA means potential ability.
writing a figure of 195 means thats definite, the player will have 195 PA and eventually 195 CA.
writing -10 is not definite, meaning the player will get a PA between 180 to 200.

really????? messi or ronaldo not best player ever!!! messi needs to seriusly up his game to beat pele to that title

pele is the best player of all time.... end of!
Well, if Pele and Maradona ( and some other players) were in the game, Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't have PA over 190. Rooney would have something like 165... So, they are currently best players, so 199 PA for Messi is ok.

thanks Gabe, much appreciated. Im going to re-edit so i use -10 etc :)

Whether or not it was a European competition or not is irrelevant. It was watched all around the world, which in my eyes means that it was on the "world stage".

And he doesn't "suck" internationally; he plays well, not as well as he does at Barca, but still...There's yet to be an Argentinian manager that has utilised Messi, or his other teammates properly while he has been in the Argentina squad. He's not the only one to blame for his poorer form with Argentina.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Nobody is perfect. But how doesn't Messi have good ability? Like it or not he IS the best footballer in the world. Personality? Nobody knows his actual personality, but in interviews and on the pitch he seems to have a great personality. Teamwork? Name me somebody who is an all-time great who didn't try and dribble it around players time and time again - it's because they can. Messi isn't actually that greedy - if you watch him you'll see how he drops deep giving space for whoever is playing on the "wing" to run onto the end of a perfectly weighted Messi through ball. He also does his fair share of the short passes that Barca play.

Stop hating. And if you're so bothered change his PA.

I, like most however am quite baffled how Ronaldo's PA went down two.
Messi has great ability, i don't hate Messi, i hate his fans who said him "perfect" and even "god" they must be crazy

messi, ronaldo, pele, maradona etc etc you can argue all day and all night who is the best player ever. its down to a matter of opinion. they are all create players in the own way. no player or person is prefect or even god. some of the stuff you see you like WTF how did he do that. just enjoy watching them play! :)

anyone got the -10 and -9 as a list that they can upload so people can download it? Writing all the players into FM will take me forever.

Can anyone explain to me what -9 and -10 means?

Players are given a potential ability (PA) and a curretna bility (CA) both ratings are out of 200, 200 being the best. For example a player like Mario Gotze has a CA of (im estimating here, its not fact) 160 and a PA of (estimating) 190. Barring, injury or a distinct lack of first team football, her will go onto to achieve his PA.

For younger and more unknown players, it is difficult to predict just how good they will become. Lets say Pogba at Man Utd has a CA of 100 (estimate) SI rank his PA slightly differently.

-10PA means he MAY go on to achieve a PA of 180-200
-9PA menas he MAy go on to achieve a PA of 170-190
-8, -7 etc get lower and lower.

A player will only achieve that PA if he is given regular game time, plays at a club with good facilities and avoids major injury. Buying up a 16 year old wonderchild with a low CA and sticking him in your reserves for 5 years will mean he is unlikely to achieve his maximum potential.

I'm sorry but how is Messi better then Ronaldo in real life?
Ronaldo is the most and the best complete footballer of all time.. who was more complete then him? Zidane? Maybe but he still didn't had the speed,strength and the shooting.
Messi knows only dribbel. he has vision to get the balls from Xavi and Iniesta and very simply put the ball in the goal.

I'm sorry but how is Messi better then Ronaldo in real life?
Ronaldo is the most and the best complete footballer of all time.. who was more complete then him? Zidane? Maybe but he still didn't had the speed,strength and the shooting.
Messi knows only dribbel. he has vision to get the balls from Xavi and Iniesta and very simply put the ball in the goal.

Cant beleive you just said that, messi is by far the best on the ball and off, he is less selfish than ronaldo and a better passer. having said that ronaldo is defintly #2 in the world

Cant beleive you just said that, messi is by far the best on the ball and off, he is less selfish than ronaldo and a better passer. having said that ronaldo is defintly #2 in the world

Totally agree. Messi is on another level imo.

Last edited:
Meessi

Did any one bought messi tp BPL. whats the cost of him. how he plays. i got 80 mill in man utd third season save..

I think there is no question about wich player is the best. Pelé changed football, he extended the limits of the game. His numbers are absolute.

I agree that it was a different game back then. There were players who came along the way and build an Era: Maradona, Ronaldo, Zidane and now it's the Era of Messi and CR7. Whoever wins the most will be remember as the best of this time.

I wouldn't say that at all.

He is the perfect footballer.

ronaldinho had way more potential
if he had been as disciplined as CR or messi he would still be the best

For people more in the know about tutoring etc than me, is Rivaldo worth offering a contract to, to use as a tutor for a top wonderkid?