FM12 - Tactic Testing Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter Will1981
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 21K

Will1981

Reaction score
Using the Data Editor I have created 24 identical teams which compete in the Tactic Testing Championship playing each other twice 46 games in total. Each team consists of 25 players, 3 identical Goal Keepers and 22 identical Utility Players as well as identical Assistant Managers.

Test 1

I applied all of the default FM12 custom formations to these teams and then holidayed the game for a season telling the assistant manager's to only use selected tactics.

These are the results of test 1.

Are you expanding this using "usertactics" ?. If so, it would be a goo idea to make sure that all tactics have "fixated settings" so that the assistant manager cant change them/use shouts etc as he always do. Also, set this same tactic in all 3 match plans.

Looks pretty good mate.
But usually formations are set to fit the players in a team. For example if you have fast attacking wingers you might play a formation using high wingers. But by making the players the same stats (in defence and attack) they wont be as usefull, i presume?
It shows 'what is better tactic' but not necessarily what tactic will work best if the right players are in the right position.

Looks pretty good mate.
But usually formations are set to fit the players in a team. For example if you have fast attacking wingers you might play a formation using high wingers. But by making the players the same stats (in defence and attack) they wont be as usefull, i presume?
It shows 'what is better tactic' but not necessarily what tactic will work best if the right players are in the right position.

Naturally, and as holiday mode is used, its not a complete test either. Its just a test looking at if some formations have an advantage over others in this years edition.

Yeh, how do you set AM to use your tactic anyway in competitive matches? I tried it with one of mine in the premier leauge and the AM just used a different tactic lol

Test 2

I am now testing the best 4 default tactics against the 20 most downloaded user created custom tactics

Are you expanding this using "usertactics" ?. If so, it would be a goo idea to make sure that all tactics have "fixated settings" so that the assistant manager cant change them/use shouts etc as he always do. Also, set this same tactic in all 3 match plans.

This is brilliant, never thought of doing this. Just gave up on testing via holiday mode because the Assistant Manager kept changing it :)

This is brilliant, never thought of doing this. Just gave up on testing via holiday mode because the Assistant Manager kept changing it :)

Not sure about the 3 match plans working though, just a thought.

No surprise that the 4-2-4 tactic did well. The 4 attacking men completely baffle the opponent and the 4 defensive players give the tactic strength. However, the lack of a midfield either means your defence is going to get battered against teams with better passers or your 4 attackers are going to run riot against teams you are superior to.

It's my favourite formation :)

As for the 4-1-2-1-2 I've always wanted to try my hand at a Chelsea diamond of the old mourinho days! If hough doesn't get round to it that is!

how do you insert this DB Will? what league do you have to load?

thanks for the link :)

Back