Status
Not open for further replies.

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
I get the kind of feeling this might be of use.

Post all your frustrations, bugs and just general complaints here. It'll save a whole bunch of threads appearing.

My frustration is that I don't have the game yet!!!

Playing Classic mode, in Team Report - Position Strength, the icons for Sweeper and Central Defender are overlapped and I can't select the latter.

All I can complain about really is that Papiss Cisse's finishing is better than Messi's, and Vurnon Anita is a bit too tankish. I'm blaming Dunc for both, so not much to complain about so far.

EDIT: Oh, and a couple of clicking issues, but hey, it's the beta. Also, Zaha is **** grargh

Ah, I started a new thread asking about this very type of thread, so mine can be deleted. I do have a couple of bugs if anyone wishes to reproduce? The second one takes a few minutes to do though and both a reported at SI. It would be nice to see if anyone else has the same issues though.

Issue

On trying to create a new tactic using the tactic creator, when right clicking a player to give a positional instruction, after selecting your instruction the tactic creator closes, abandoning your tactic creation.

Reproduceable?

Yes. Reproduced in both Football Manager and Challenge Mode.

Steps To Reproduce

All steps will be different depending on how you create your tactic. I did the following:

1, Open Tactic Creator
2, Select Step 2: Formation
3, Selected 4-3-3 Formation
4, Right Clicked on Central Striker to select Target Man>Attack
5, On selecting Attack, Tactic Creator Closes

Issue

If starting a game in "Football Manager" mode after you have just exited a game in "Challenge" mode, the nation selection screen doesn't retain your previous selections, only your single local nation, in my case England.

Reproduceable?

Yes. Reproduced 3 times.

Steps To Reproduce

As with many issues, steps can be different. I did the following.

1, Create a game in Football Manager mode and select multiple nations, then allow the game to initialise the database and load the game.
2, Once game has loaded, save and select "Quit To Start Screen" from the FM menu (top right)
3, Select Challenge Mode, select a challenge and let it initialise and load.
4, Save Challenge game.
5, Create a game in Football Manager mode once again, and now the nation selection screen has forgotten your previously selected multiple nations.

Note: If you save a game in Football Manager mode and then do step 2, then immediately try to start a game back in Football Manager mode, it retains your previous selections in line with previous FM releases.

Alex, the former Fenerbahce player, is pretty overrated I would say. Free transfer too.

I'm getting the message up that some essential data is missing and to check that it is installed correctly, any ideas on how to do that? No error messages came up when it was downloading.

I'm getting the message up that some essential data is missing and to check that it is installed correctly, any ideas on how to do that? No error messages came up when it was downloading.

Verify the cache. that's solved past problems for me in the past

Right click on game, properties, local files then click on verify integrity of game cache tab

Last edited:
Alex, the former Fenerbahce player, is pretty overrated I would say. Free transfer too.

I wouldn't say so, he's been like that for a few FMs. Check his history, too: he's a legend, and FM always leaves their legends lying around with monster technicals and ****** physicals. Makes sense.

Verify the cache. that's solved past problems for me in the past

Right click on game, properties, local files then click on verify integrity of game cache tab
Tried that and still getting the same message! Any other ideas?

Tried that and still getting the same message! Any other ideas?

Could try reinstalling. May be a pain but it may solved the problem. But I've never had to do that as far as I recall-but it has worked for people

Mouse seems awful laggy for me. I know it's just Beta though.

Could try reinstalling. May be a pain but it may solved the problem. But I've never had to do that as far as I recall-but it has worked for people

Re-installing now, first time I've pre ordered the download only version, if I can't get the beta to work I'll probably cancel my pre order and just buy it on disk on release day.

I hate the fact that Cleverley isn't better than Xavi.

Some keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work for me. Odd.

Disc or no disc you still need to use steam, it won't make a difference to your problem.

Here's the FM12 thread regarding your issue:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-technical-help/85266-steam-help-thread.html

I've obviously used steam since it was introduced for FM but just worry that downloading it directly from steam instead of off the disk is the reason it wouldn't work properly. I'm probably wrong though as I haven't got a clue when it comes to this sort of thing, cheers for the link I'll have a spy through now.

I've obviously used steam since it was introduced for FM but just worry that downloading it directly from steam instead of off the disk is the reason it wouldn't work properly. I'm probably wrong though as I haven't got a clue when it comes to this sort of thing, cheers for the link I'll have a spy through now.

Generally a last resort is re-installing steam. And a last, last resort is to create a new user on windows and install steam there. If that works then there's probably a corruption or error somewhere in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.