Kyle Sterlz

Reaction score
I am currently on 2024/2025 season with Man City. I started as Man City and havent gone anywhere. I am a huge Legend at the club winning 11 league titles, COUNTLESS cups, a world cup with Italy, Copa America with Brazil, the olympics with Brazil U23.

Now the problem i have is that in my 4th season the club maxed out the stadiums expansion capacity to 60,000 exactly. Now if it wasnt for me buying cheap youngsters from abroad and selling them for 40mill profit every year we would probably make a loss, oh and my huge sponsorships. I have been doing every year and have saved up 478mill in the bank balance and it frustrates me to no end that every year i ask for a new stadium to be built and they just say no. I am currently approaching the end of my contract and wont sign a new one because they wont give me what i want.

I dont want to leave then the new manager just gets a new stadium like that, that will **** me off. Can anyone give me help as to why i can't get a new stadium pass 60k, its not like 60k is huge. I wont to compete with the big boys in stadium capacity but cant.

Thanks in advance

What year was the current stadium built? If it was less than 20 years ago then that's probably the problem, as you can only get a new stadium every 20 years if I remember correctly...

If not, what reason does the board give when they reject your request?

As written above, your stadium is too new so the speak. It's a rule in the game to replicate the fact that clubs don't just build new stadiums all the time. It's a huge project.

Even if passing this 20 year mark, its not certain they will build you one. If they think the club can attract 65-68k instead of 60, its basiclly a too small increase in audience for such a project.

The Stadium is the same stadium the game starts as so 2002 it was built in I guess. I'm in 2025 so its 23 years old. Every home game i max out with not 1 spare seat except capital one cup games. we are the biggest club in the world with 65% world scouting knowledge, 5* in every training category, state of the art facilities in every department. The club is massive except the stadium. It had its expansion to the limit about 8 years ago so maybe i have to wait 20 years from then.

I've asked the board many times and depending on which options i pick and what i say they give different responses. Sometimes they say the cant see it being financially beneficial to the club, or some other messages i cant quite remember.

Maybe if you have 478 in the bank they just don't have the dont have the impetuous to find new revenue streams.

The main reason most clubs want to expand their stadium is to increase their revenue and ability to compete with their rivals.

By the sounds of it you don't have any financial competition as is.

I've asked the board many times and depending on which options i pick and what i say they give different responses. Sometimes they say the cant see it being financially beneficial to the club, or some other messages i cant quite remember.

I did not know the Stadium was that old ( 2002), how time fly by:) If they don't see it being financially beneficial, then its probably not I am afraid. Even if the club is massive( facilities, training, scouting won't effect the status in that way when it comes to the attendance), it might be that they don't think you would sell more than 70k.

Maybe if you have 478 in the bank they just don't have the dont have the impetuous to find new revenue streams.

The main reason most clubs want to expand their stadium is to increase their revenue and ability to compete with their rivals.

By the sounds of it you don't have any financial competition as is.

Ok, then at the end of the season i will save up, take weekly save off, use 500mill of my transfer budget and buy 1 player for that much then make the request, if that doesnt work i'll reload LOL.

I did not know the Stadium was that old ( 2002), how time fly by:) If they don't see it being financially beneficial, then its probably not I am afraid. Even if the club is massive( facilities, training, scouting won't effect the status in that way when it comes to the attendance), it might be that they don't think you would sell more than 70k.

But surely we would as we are like the biggest club, Barca max out their huge stadium and we are bigger than them. Surely our fanbase must be huge. I will continue to wait. Maybe by 2030 i will get it

I doubt blowing your budget will work.

Just because you are the biggest club doesn't mean you necessarily have the LOCAL support to put 80,000 bums on seats each week.

I'm sure they have programmed the population and catchment area of Manchester into the game, which will be shared between two massive clubs in one city.

In contrast Barcelona is a bigger city and with only one massive club and one smaller club with Barca and Espanyol.

I doubt blowing your budget will work.

Just because you are the biggest club doesn't mean you necessarily have the LOCAL support to put 80,000 bums on seats each week.

I'm sure they have programmed the population and catchment area of Manchester into the game, which will be shared between two massive clubs in one city.

In contrast Barcelona is a bigger city and with only one massive club and one smaller club with Barca and Espanyol.

This actually does make sense, because in my file 9 years ago Man Utd got a huge £698mill Tycoon takeover and ever since then winning absolutely nothing because i dominate them they have been the richest club and biggest club by reputation. Every year that ends and the rankings come up I have a green arrow saying we have improved while Utd get nothing yet sit in 1st. I am behind them in 2nd but aslong as they dominate me in Manchester i guess i got no chance lol.

BTW Just like to say I got my new stadium.... 84k seater ;)
84k is the biggest number I have seen....wow...I would love to get that for my small club in bottom league! lol :D

Interesting stuff here. I am managing a lowbie club. My stadium is the worst one you see. 2,000 or something...only 500 seaters. I would get a better stadium if my club is doing well "financially" ? Enough fans filling my 2,000 capacity arena would prompt for new stadium?

If there is a guide to this, let me know.:)

84k is the biggest number I have seen....wow...I would love to get that for my small club in bottom league! lol :D

Interesting stuff here. I am managing a lowbie club. My stadium is the worst one you see. 2,000 or something...only 500 seaters. I would get a better stadium if my club is doing well "financially" ? Enough fans filling my 2,000 capacity arena would prompt for new stadium?

If your doing well financially, try to get into the higher leagues and improve your reputation then ask.

Also, On my Solihull Moors save I had 190m in my financial account (thanks man city/my alter ego), I got promoted and the Board did a nice thing and arranged an automatic upgrade for me.