Fm13 rant!

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9K

Raikan007

Reaction score
As you all may know this years FM is by far the worst they have put out for Demo (and well of course BETA, however, that was a first and will not be taken into account)

I have been an advocate of my statement for many years, every year:

Fm13 Demo is pathetic! The match engine is appalling and the ball physics are poor as ****! There are so many bugs and flaws with the ME and the new little additions in the game just cover up the bullshit game that lies underneath!

this is by far the buggiest version of Fm to date and SI are just getting lazier and more complacent as most of us/you are prepared to buy the game on BETA and spend the money on something that is not even remotely playable! I have said it for years now that we need to make a stand against SI concerning the **** they release for us and have to wait for around 4 months before we can actually play the game properly after the 3rd official patch which is unacceptable...

You may think that I am over reacting in some way (which I may agree having only played FM13 for around 5 hours this morning) but I have been saying it for years and it is just getting worse! SI have months and months to improve upon a great game from the year before after all the fixes and patches and it should not result in them releasing a buggy, ****** demo to try and encourage new potential FM players and try and convert FIFA Manager players to the best Football simulation series on the planet.. this Demo is making me think more than twice about buying the full game on Friday! (which I am not going to actually)

I would like to try and get as many comments, likes, replies to this to send somehow to SI to get a response from them and hopefully prevent this in the future!

You may not all know me but I am an avid FM fan and have been for over a decade (well Cm included) and am an advocate for the series in general.. however this years one is appalling!

I do hope the full release is sorted out as much as humanly possible, but I cannot see that transpiring as there is so much to sort out in such a short space of time..

1) everyone lets the ball bounce! pathetic
2) no players can defend properly! its pathetic! I always have to "outscore" the opponents!
3) closing down and marking is appalling
4) tackling is really bad..
5) players are too fast! Nani runs through half the team!
6) goalkeepers are lame then pull off INCREDIBLE saves! their positioning is pathetic!
7) crossing is not fixed either...
8) at least I am getting a few results together.. some people have moaned about not being able to string results together.. (I just seem to outscore them which is fine for now.. using my new Might and Magic™ 2013)
9) it seems a bit unrealistic this year.. unless they are going for the smaller teams potentially beating the bigger teams programming etc.. Everton & Newcastle (1st & 2nd) are also a bit crazy even without Fellaini!
10) do not like the new training addition!

Thanks for reading,

Neil

Last edited:
I think you should put here more detailed examples etc. etc. so everybody knows specific reasons why are you complaining and what is it about

The idea that FM isn't playable from release is a complete fallacy, except for the year when it had the massive memory leaks.

Buggy, yes, its not even finished. As they admitted, they still have a number of bugs to get through. I've racked up 90 hours on this now, while and still buggy, the scope for this is light years ahead of FM12. The potential for the match engine outstrips anything the FM12 one offered.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to prevent. Its certainly not even the buggiest, and its not even released yet. That honour goes to FM09.

I'd also like to know how they've got lazier. If that was the case. Why would they take the risk to create a new match engine? Or FMC? The ball physics actually look like real football. Rather than simulating about 65 minutes of football it simulates the full 90.

I'd rather they took the risk each year that come out with the stale non changing state that is something like FIFA.

Everyone wants changes, but no one actually puts the work in. The number of times i see a complaint about a bug, but the person doesn't report it, and then magically expects it to be fixed.

Its not perfect by any means, but the idea that they're lazy simply doesn't hold up. Most of the features in here were asked for by various members of the community.

Last edited:
The idea that FM isn't playable from release is a complete fallacy, except for the year when it had the massive memory leaks.

Buggy, yes, its not even finished. As they admitted, they still have a number of bugs to get through. I've racked up 90 hours on this now, while and still buggy, the scope for this is light years ahead of FM12. The potential for the match engine outstrips anything the FM12 one offered.

I mean I'm not sure what you want to prevent. Its certainly not even the buggiest, and its not even released yet. That honour goes to FM09.

I'd also like to know how they've got lazier. If that was the case. Why would they take the risk to create a new match engine? Or FMC? The ball physics actually look like real football. Rather than simulating about 65 minutes of football it simulates the full 90.

I'd rather they took the risk each year that come out with the stale non changing state that is something like FIFA

its a waste of time at the moment Mike! everyone's opinions differ, yours are not always the only one :P

I think its the worst one they have released so far (Demo) the ME is really screwed up!

I sincerely hope SI sort it out come release day as I am really wanting to play the game properly, there are some lovely new additions to the game, however, the crux of the game which is the ME is flawed and honestly not working at all in my opinion! how can you say the ball physics are real? lol are you playing the same game as me?

its a waste of time at the moment Mike! everyone's opinions differ, yours are not always the only one :P

I think its the worst one they have released so far (Demo) the ME is really screwed up!

I sincerely hope SI sort it out come release day as I am really wanting to play the game properly, there are some lovely new additions to the game, however, the crux of the game which is the ME is flawed and honestly not working at all in my opinion! how can you say the ball physics are real? lol are you playing the same game as me?

Fifa 13 Career Mode is like the most enjoyable one Fifa has produced for a long time... I am enjoying it a lot so SI have their work cut out.

The demo is buggy and the ME does have some problems but I am sure it will be fixed in time for the full release. Although I won't be buying it unless I know the bugs have been fixed etc. Cos I am more than happy playing Fifa 13 Career Mode.

The ball actually hangs in the air on a windy day. FM12 had no modelling for things like wind resistance etc. FM13 does, though its still being fine tuned.

The main flaw is the defensive side needs tweaking, and the number of attempted tackles is too low, they press then oddly back off. Also defenders dally on the ball too much. i've got a number of pkms about to send in.

However it actually produces better football than fm12 did. For one you dont have to ridiculously and illogically manipulate sliders to get a decent passing game.

You say they have got complacent. But what specifically are the issues?

You say everyone has an opinion then declare it the worst one ever?

I'm just confused as to what you want to achieve.

i like the game but i wish the tactics would get sorted and the fact that after 10 games 3 of the top 4 in england have 1 point is a bit silly lol

I have seen over 5 goalkeeping errors in the few games I have watched so far today.. the ball gets kicked at the keeper and it hits him on the shoulder and flies into the goal..

just saw another one right now :)

I have seen over 5 goalkeeping errors in the few games I have watched so far today.. the ball gets kicked at the keeper and it hits him on the shoulder and flies into the goal..

just saw another one right now :)

You must have Pepe Reina in goal pal!

Why the rush? I never buy it on release. Same reason why i never buy big hardcore RPGs (Skyrim, Diablo 3, Witcher 2 and so on) on release. With a game of this magnitude and complexity, there's bound to be bugs. Why get frustrated if you can just wait 2-3 months and enjoy it after everything is fixed, and often save a bit of cash in the process.

The ball actually hangs in the air on a windy day. FM12 had no modelling for things like wind resistance etc. FM13 does, though its still being fine tuned.

The main flaw is the defensive side needs tweaking, and the number of attempted tackles is too low, they press then oddly back off. Also defenders dally on the ball too much. i've got a number of pkms about to send in.

However it actually produces better football than fm12 did. For one you dont have to ridiculously and illogically manipulate sliders to get a decent passing game.

You say they have got complacent. But what specifically are the issues?

You say everyone has an opinion then declare it the worst one ever?

I'm just confused as to what you want to achieve.

agree with you about (bold)

I want SI to release a proper full release from the get go, not have to play a buggy game for a few months until they fix the problems with patches!

I know there is a little while before full release, I just feel there are too many problems to sort out before the release!

I like the game.. Especially since they patched it, it was pretty ***** before.

You are overreacting, though. It's pretty unfair to say "SI have months and months to improve...", they have a lot of work to do and they don't work under the budgets that EA Sports have. They do a great job and release one of the most popular PC games around. To say they are lazy is harsh.

The BETA hasn't put FM in the best light, but that's mostly because people won't accept that it isn't the finished product! SI have completely overhauled the ME and have already made massive steps forward, that is something the game badly needed, for too long has it been so easy to manipulate. This may not be the best release in the last few years but it has potential and with every patch it will get better. There are a few annoying bugs and the players do behave oddly from time to time but these bugs are found and quickly fixed.

Last edited:
I like the game.. Especially since they patched it, it was pretty ***** before.

You are overreacting, though. It's pretty unfair to say "SI have months and months to improve...", they have a lot of work to do and they don't work under the budgets that EA Sports have. They do a great job and release one of the most popular PC games around. To say they are lazy is harsh.

The BETA hasn't put FM in the best light, but that's mostly because people won't accept that it isn't the finished product! SI have completely overhauled the ME and have already made massive steps forward, that is something the game badly needed, for too long has it been so easy to manipulate. This may not be the best release in the last few years but it has potential and with every patch it will get better. There are a few annoying bugs and the players do behave oddly from time to time but these bugs are found and quickly fixed.

Lazy being the fact that WE ARE ALL ACCEPTING THAT THERE ARE AND WILL BE BUGS! this is the exact point I am trying to make, can you not see what I am talking about??

you are all my case in point!

You must have Pepe Reina in goal pal!

Hey , don't be hatin' on Pepe, SI nerfed him hardcore. I think he's like 150 CA now.

Though well deserved after FM12, one more game vs. Liverpool wherer he defends over 30 shots and i would go mental.

Lazy being the fact that WE ARE ALL ACCEPTING THAT THERE ARE AND WILL BE BUGS! this is the exact point I am trying to make, can you not see what I am talking about??

you are all my case in point!

Every single program ahs has bugs. Even minesweeper did. Its a case of minimising then. This forum software has bugs. If you hate things with bugs you might as well give up with any kind of software. But a petition wont solve that. You say you've just seen a bunch of keeping errors. Send the PKM in, that is infinitely more useful than this petiton

Have to agree with OP. Though having success and not actually conceding that many 12 in 23 games, watching the games I have the following complaints.

Everyone plays perfect passing football, every goal scored by either team is beautiful crafted goal.
Lower teams are awesome. The cups are being won each year by the same teams regulated. Once okay, every year; come on.

Also while yes it is harder and people have argued on this forum and others that it is more realistic as a result. I would suggest no, it's just harder.

Once you work out how to set up the right tactic it's just the same as before, won league by ten points first season with arsenal and I'm a bad football manager.

sorry if a bit rambling, I don't do forums usually.

Back