NoGoals

Reaction score
You know the stories about people who have had interventions or been divorced because of Football Manager? Well, that's not been me. But it should have been because I have to be one of the most loyal/addicted people ever to play it. I've bought every version, and though they've not been perfect have liked them all and always bought the new one when it came out. But I am really gutted I shelled out 40 quid or whatever for FM14. It is abysmal. Losing 6-0 at home to a team who's best player wouldn't get near my squad players is getting old. Or losing to a last minute goal having absolutely dominated the game. Yet again. And yes I've had tactics set up and all. Have always trusted SI to give me a really good game, which they always have until now. Am finished with the current version, will go back to a previous one to get my fix. Would love to think I won't hand SI over any of me money again. But I know I will. :p

You know the stories about people who have had interventions or been divorced because of Football Manager? Well, that's not been me. But it should have been because I have to be one of the most loyal/addicted people ever to play it. I've bought every version, and though they've not been perfect have liked them all and always bought the new one when it came out. But I am really gutted I shelled out 40 quid or whatever for FM14. It is abysmal. Losing 6-0 at home to a team who's best player wouldn't get near my squad players is getting old. Or losing to a last minute goal having absolutely dominated the game. Yet again. And yes I've had tactics set up and all. Have always trusted SI to give me a really good game, which they always have until now. Am finished with the current version, will go back to a previous one to get my fix. Would love to think I won't hand SI over any of me money again. But I know I will. :p
Wouldn't you get challenged by higher A.I ?There are few here that claim the game isn't challenging enough for them(maybe because the took the easiest team?)...I wouldn't be interested in a game with no challenge...That's the first thing I'm looking for...And what you are describing here just makes me want to play it more..Luck is part of football..And I'm glad that lower quality teams can beat high quality teams..That is what made me interested in football from the first place...For me it's not the winning...It's the battle...the challenge..If football was predictable sport ,I wouldn't have touched it even with a cane of a blind man...

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Ursulla - I respect your opinion completely, and it is tempting me to have another go, but it doesn't alter the fact that this year's version is full of bugs. If it was simply really, really hard I would go back to it, but it has more problems than that, I don't trust this year's game at all. FM14 was not fit for release, yet SI released it anyway. I have seen people say on these forums that they cannot win a game since the latest patch, and that's been my experience too. Literally. I agree that the A.I. should be high, it was in previous versions but it has gone way too far this year. It is the predictability of match outcomes against inferior opposition that makes the game laughable. Anyways, that's just my opinion, but I bet many people would agree! Hope you enjoy your gameplay still. Cheers :)

Thanks for the reply Ursulla - I respect your opinion completely, and it is tempting me to have another go, but it doesn't alter the fact that this year's version is full of bugs. If it was simply really, really hard I would go back to it, but it has more problems than that, I don't trust this year's game at all. FM14 was not fit for release, yet SI released it anyway. I have seen people say on these forums that they cannot win a game since the latest patch, and that's been my experience too. Literally. I agree that the A.I. should be high, it was in previous versions but it has gone way too far this year. It is the predictability of match outcomes against inferior opposition that makes the game laughable. Anyways, that's just my opinion, but I bet many people would agree! Hope you enjoy your gameplay still. Cheers :)
Thanks... never touch this game before the second patch is done...What you are describing probably is true...That's exactly Why I have the patience to wait until the second patch is done...I am not in a hurry to play a game on the first day it is out...Not only this game...any game....Let other people get frustrated...In the meantime I'm learning it, preparing for it when is ready...When the game is ready I'm ready for it too, together we are going to have a great time...In life it's all about timing...