Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Player: Luiz Gustavo (27 yo)
Team you are managing: Hull City
Team who are selling: Wolfsburg
Offer: 25M (release clause)
Year: start of 3rd season

I need a CM better than the existing options : Albin Ekdal (can play also DMC) and David Meyler. I have also Kovacic and James Rodriguez but they are AMC. Kovacic have Tacling 9, I need a player with at least 13-14 tackling for MC

I need an answer to Alberto immediately as I can't advance till I accept or decline. :)

If you have a ready made replacement and your club needs the money sell sell sell

Using LFC Marshall's update:
Player: Ben Davies
Team you're managing: Tottenham
Team who are buying: Man City
Offer: £35m straight up
Year: Summer 2015

Player: Vincent Coulon (Regen)
Team managing: Club Brugge
Team buying: Chelsea
Offer: 55m
Year: August 2030

View attachment 330194 View attachment 330193

He's been at my club for 4 seasons (Starting 5th) and he is an Icon here, also, he won the Golden Boot with 31 goals, but is 55m too much? Need a answer soon. :)

Managed to get it up to 65m now. Arrggghhhhh!

I'd take it, surely there'd be a replacement you can get with that money and strengthen other places of your squad too?

What do you think to my dilemma regarding Ben Davies? the post previous to your one

I'd take it, surely there'd be a replacement you can get with that money and strengthen other places of your squad too?

What do you think to my dilemma regarding Ben Davies? the post previous to your one

I would take it, and find a quality LB to replace him.

Player: Agustin Allione
Team you are managing: Chelsea
Team who are buying/selling: River Plate
Offer: ?7.5m
Year: ​Start of first season

Last edited:
Player: Gabriel Barbosa
Team managing: Any team you want
Team buying/selling: Santos
Offer: ?3.1m - ?4.4m
Year: 1st season

Yeah, unless both players performed exceptionally well in the first season there's no way they're worth that much. If that's what the clubs are telling you to pay for them it means they don't want to sell. You could work on unsettling one or the other or wait until the next window.