FM14 Surviving And Thriving - Crystal Palace Style

kiedude

Reaction score
Welcome to my first FM14 story, and this isn't going to be my main one, but it will give me something to start.I will ask a mod to move this when the FM14 stories thread comes out. The team I have chosen are Crystal Palace. I am sure you have all heard of them, but in case you haven't they are a team in the English Premier League, predicted to finish last. Anyway I hope to have many seasons at Crystal Palace and make them a real European force!

During my first season in charge my main goal is to avoid relegation and we can look to strengthen our squad a lot next season.

Aims:

Don't get relegated
Get top 10 finish
Win League Cup
Win FA Cup
Qualify for Europa League
Win Europa League
Win the league
Qualify for Champions League
Win Champions League

Any feedback about how I could improve this would be greatly appreciated.

Pre season update to come.

EDIT: Anyone know why the images aren't showing up on the second thread, help would be very appreciated

Last edited:
Pre Season Update

So the pre season was... well... interesting

View attachment 401022

Dat Freiburg result tho

Transfers weren't very fun either, we are finishing some transfers but nothing huge

View attachment 401031View attachment 401030View attachment 401027View attachment 401024

We have our first game of the season away to Spurs which I'll post in this thread

View attachment 462497

Not the worst result, we got beat and dominated but to only lose 2-1 away to a team who are challenging the title IRL I was pretty pleased.

Next post will be at the end of September which is only 6 games away so might be done for tonight.

So we have played up to October, results looking pretty **** awful but we had one fantastic win

View attachment 461739

Just want to move on, awful result

View attachment 461738

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!! Well we're not winning the league cup

View attachment 461746

Was waiting for another 5-1 defeat, but WOW, we got dominated but we took our chances and somehow scored 4

View attachment 461750

Wasn't too disappointed as they are the early pace setters of the league (I'm not joking...) so I can't be too annoyed

View attachment 461744

F*cking Peter Crouch

View attachment 461732

Brilliant, essential win. They are currently sitting in a relegation spot surprisingly so these are the points we need

In terms of transfers we had a couple of cheap signings, mostly being backup.

View attachment 461749

View attachment 461747

Useful backup keeper. My DoF picked him up.

View attachment 461745

This is the man I'd recommend. Cheap, quite young, and his price will sky rocket playing in a top league.

View attachment 461742

Nothing more than backup

View attachment 461748

Not a great player but well rounded and can do some work in my squad.

View attachment 461727

Finally the league. Looking safe-ish, main surprises are seeing Arsenal away down and West Brom away up, seeing Southampton in the relegation spots is a big surprise as well though.

End of October update to come.​

Last edited:
SORRY

I was playing on the save and I got carried away so I'm updating on the 31st of December. Just enjoy the post and I'll do monthly updates from now on

View attachment 461531

The results were absolutely awful, but we are hanging on to our Premier League status. During January I am looking to get rid of dead weight and fix our squad a little. The best result there was 3-0 away to Fulham, although they are last in the, but winning 3-0 is great nonetheless. Not going to do every match in depth except from cup matches from now on as I feel they drag on for the reader.

View attachment 461530

The league is looking scary for us. Need to pick some points soon of we will really fall away.

Best Player:

View attachment 461529

Future looking bright with this lad, been the light in a dark tunnel, need more players like him to survive

January update to come (I mean it this time)

IF WE COULD WIN GAMES OUTSIDE OF THE CUP!!!

This game frustrates me so much sometimes. We are doing well in the cup but can't grab a win in the league

View attachment 460690

Need some wins in the league to stay alive

View attachment 460682

We're going down unless something improve, and quickly

In terms of transfers 1 in and 1 out.

View attachment 460689

View attachment 460688

Dobbie wanted to go and Caldwell was just squad depth

Player of the Month:

View attachment 460680

Been solid as backup to Chamakh (lol) and actually getting more games than him now

February update to come

There was 5 games this month, with plenty of signs of improvement. We have incredibly tough fixtures ahead sadly.

View attachment 460639

We picked up some points this month which helped but we get wrecked in the cup

View attachment 460638

Those points have us out of the relegation zone, and even if the teams below us win we are still safe

Player of the Month:

View attachment 460640

Jerome continues to impress, been falling off a little lately though but still been pretty decent

March Update To Come

Great read mate I hope you intend to carry on with this soon !