swede22march

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I tried over 100 tactics uploaded here, my own tailored versions of those and even a final, bold attempt at a 3-2-2-2-1 formation without fb's or wingers, without ever beating the flawed ME.

Sure, I won leagues, titles and cups, yet had to change tactics on an almost weekly basis to do so. Granted, this is probably as it is irl, but it takes away the fun and is extremely non time efficient.

Of course, having a diablo tactic in the earlier versions which lasted forever was boring, but I did enjoy it when you nailed a tactic and it worked beautifully for 3-4 seasons before being cracked and then you were actually quite pleased and happy to change tactics as you re-constructed your squad accordingly.

Even in fm13 i was able to last a long time with just two tactics. Plan A was a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and Plan B being a wide 4-1-3-2 with wingers. If A wasn't working up until 45-60 minute mark, I would swap to B and vice versa with great results.

Yet even this was deemed to simple for FM14. My most successful save came from a Steaton and Artisan combo. But still even with a squad of superstars grown after many years, I was liable to losing to teams propping up the league.

So, having now thrown in the towel on FM14, which tactic in our view gets the nod as being the best of a poor bunch?

My nod goes to Artisan's 4-2-2-2 original version.

If one tactic has done better, stood the test of time and been consistent - the big C word on FM14 - then please upload here and I may, just may, go and retrieve that towel....