FM15 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Sherkey

Reaction score
Not really sure why this thread wasn't created for this year (If it was created, then my bad, please delete this). Didn't notice any stickies with it though..

As always, anyone is free to reply, but please give constructive answers. Also, any replacements for players being sold are also welcomed.

Anyhow, please use the following template to make things easier

Player: Jan Vertonghen
Club you're managing: Manchester United
Club who are buying/selling: Tottenham Hotspur
Price: 30 Million $
Year: 2014

Jan Vertonghen to United

£30m No not for me hes a good CB but for £30m you should be wanting a world class CB and hes not world class hes a very good player but thats about it look at someone else Balanta, Umtiti. Inigio Martinez. Nkoulou. Diego Godin. S.Caulker. E.Munoz. Doria. J.Stones.

Not really sure why this thread wasn't created for this year (If it was created, then my bad, please delete this). Didn't notice any stickies with it though..

As always, anyone is free to reply, but please give constructive answers. Also, any replacements for players being sold are also welcomed.

Anyhow, please use the following template to make things easier

Player: Jan Vertonghen
Club you're managing: Manchester United
Club who are buying/selling: Tottenham Hotspur
Price: 30 Million $

i agree no deal balanta is the best one to go for i was gonna sign him on a free in 2nd season jan but he chose sampdoria over manchester united/chelsea/barca/real madrid/bayern hmmm lol

Player: Emanuel Adebayor
Club you're managing: Tottenham Hotspur
Club who are buying/selling: Liverpool
Price: £6 million

Agreed to sell him but he wants me to pay £48k a week until the end of next season. Seems too much. Thoughts?

Player: Emanuel Adebayor
Club you're managing: Tottenham Hotspur
Club who are buying/selling: Liverpool
Price: £6 million

Agreed to sell him but he wants me to pay £48k a week until the end of next season. Seems too much. Thoughts?

Does his contract end next season? If so, keep him or if it's more than a season sell him. Consider replacements and/or strikers that you already have.

Player: Saido Berahino
Club you're managing: Southampton
Club who are buying/selling: West Brom
Price: £10 million
Year: 2015 (January)

Is he a wonderkid who will get me goals or will he be an expensive flop?

Does his contract end next season? If so, keep him or if it's more than a season sell him. Consider replacements and/or strikers that you already have.

He is on 100k per week until June 2016. Only playing one up top. Will have Soldado and Kane. Have Depay, but prefer him in AML role.

Player Thiago Alcantara
Club i'm managing - Man Utd
Selling Club Bayern Munich
Price - 25 mill but doing it in instalments
Year - Just about to start my second season

player: Britt Assombalonga
Club I am managing: Nottingham Forest
Selling to: Wigan
Price: 4m - It is Jan 2015 and Wigan have offered me 3m with 1m of installment. He so far is the top scorer in the league and only 21. Do I sell him or keep him. I love him in real life and FM so will probably keep him. Whats everyone else's thoughts?
Year: 2015 Jan

Player -- Lucas Moura
Buying Club -- Manchester United (Me)
Selling Club -- PSG
Price -- 29 M Pounds

It is January window deadline day first season, sitting second in the table 1 point below Chelsea. I play 4-2-2-2 and have DiMaria, Janujaz, Depay, Mata as wingers. Thinking of getting another winger and move to 4-2-3-1.

Should I pull the trigger on Moura or go for someone younger?

Player: Javi Martinez
Club you're managing: Arsenal
Club who are buying/selling: FC Bayern
Price: £39 mil
Year: July 2014
wage: 115k

or

Player: Lars Bender
Club you're managing: Arsenal
Club who are buying/selling: Leverkusen
Price: £12 + Nacho Monreal ( I signed Ricardo Rodriguez for 13£ as LB)
Year: July 2014
Wage: 80k

Player: Raheem Sterling
Club who are selling: Liverpool
Price: £29.5mil
Year: Jan 3rd Season - 2017
Wage: 150k (Will be double my current highest)

He's unhappy at Liverpool at the moment, and they're accepting bids of £29.5 mil but I already have several Wingers/Inside Forwards who are left footed. (A Zivkovic, Sadio Mane and Rotariu)

Last edited:
Player -- Lucas Moura
Buying Club -- Manchester United (Me)
Selling Club -- PSG
Price -- 29 M Pounds

It is January window deadline day first season, sitting second in the table 1 point below Chelsea. I play 4-2-2-2 and have DiMaria, Janujaz, Depay, Mata as wingers. Thinking of getting another winger and move to 4-2-3-1.

Should I pull the trigger on Moura or go for someone younger?

i would sign sterling play him on the right and play di maria & mata on the left as wingers januzaj as an amc and maybe train depay to play on right as a winger
my reasons for not signing locas moura hes not a big game player and you cant trust him in games vs liverpool/chelsea/arsenal/city/

Player: Raheem Sterling
Club who are selling: Liverpool
Price: £29.5mil
Year: Jan 3rd Season - 2017
Wage: 150k (Will be double my current highest)

He's unhappy at Liverpool at the moment, and they're accepting bids of £29.5 mil but I already have several Wingers/Inside Forwards who are left footed. (A Zivkovic, Sadio Mane and Rotariu)

Depends, if there are other areas which need more, sign players there instead, if you really want him then sell one winger

Player: Lucas Romero
Club you're managing: Sunderland
Club who are buying: AS Monaco
Price: £65M
Year: January 2016

Just won the European Golden Boy award and named in World XI

Player: Lucas Romero
Club you're managing: Sunderland
Club who are buying: AS Monaco
Price: £65M
Year: January 2016

Just won the European Golden Boy award and named in World XI

got to be a deal at that price mate,

Gabriel Barbosa or Aleksandar Mitrovic for my Newcastle team before second season..?