Ryan58

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Which laptop out of these two would you recommend I buy solely to play FM15 on, the new laptop won't be used for anything else other than FM.

This one
0a28878dffdfc8d127d9752e892470e1.jpg

Or this one?
829faedc810517aab3fe4a92c480c4e4.jpg

Or any other others in that price bracket that anyone can think of??

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

are you wanting a laptop or would u consider building a custom pc ? you would nearly get one for the same price as those laptops but much better.

Thanks for the swift reply corach1992, I'm after a laptop as I'm hardly at home because of work.

8gb is good but the I5 cpu is a notebook processor and is relatively weak, but it depends on the applications. Basically any mobile CPU ending in U is an ultra-low power CPU.

They are pretty much the same to be honest. The AMD CPU is slightly fast with more cores but the i5 supports faster RAM speeds so neither is batter: They both achieve roughly the same speeds.

The Intel i5-4200U (1.6GHz - 2.6GHz) is a dual core CPU with Hyper Threading. The AMD A10-5475m (2.1GHz - 2.9GHz) is a quad core CPU. Intel CPUs can process more instructions per 1Hz than AMD can, thus at the same clockspeed Intel CPUs are more powerful. However, the A10-5475m has 2 more core which can help make up the difference as long as the game / program can make use of the 2 extra cores.

Therefore
Intel's stronger CPU cores are definitely something that AMD must contend with. Even though AMD has more cores, they are relatively weak in comparison. On the graphics side of the spectrum, the HD 8610m is very likely to be more powerful than the Intel HD 4400. Therefore, from a gaming perspective going with AMD is likely the better choice.

Thanks guys, your comments are really helpful and appreciated.