James1517

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a save with a lower league team and using similar tactics to bournemouth in real life with a 4-4-2. Howe's got them playing some fantastic attacking, possession football, and would like to replicate the following points:
Out of possession:
- Pressing high up the pitch with wingers sitting narrow and one striker dropping deep to stop the ball being played through the middle

In possession:
- Overloading the flanks by creating 2v1 or 3v2 situations with attacking full backs, wingers, and strikers and possibly supporting centre mid, at a high tempo and creating triangles with lots of fluid movement.
- One CM dropping deep to create a back 3 with centre backs splitting when playing out from the back
- One or both strikers always making a run in behind the defence (like wilson) if there isn't a short option when we have possession in defence
- Replicate Ritchie and Stanislas/Gradel's roles on the wings.

Link here to a tactical analysis: Analysis of AFC Bournemouth's Tactics | Spielverlagerung.com

I was thinking of something like this:
G/D
FB/A-BPD/D-BPD/D-FB/A
WP/A-BBM/S-DLP/D-W/A
P/A-DF/D

Not to sure on team and player instructions though. Bournemouth often look to spread the ball wide and make the pitch as big as possible, but out of possession are quite narrow, i found this very difficult (pretty much impossible) to replicate on FM15, as if you select play wider, its good in possession, but the pressing isn't effective and vice versa with play narrower.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's looking to replicate Eddie Howe's style of football, so any help/tips with creating a tactic for this would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Asking for tips?? Heres one: buy fm 16 :))))