SKFootyMan

Reaction score
Before you say that I'm a whining git, I love FM. I've played pretty much every game since 07, having numerous successes, and I've played with a range of teams, all of them doing pretty well. However, since I got the new game, I've been downright depressed with how hard the game is.

I normally start with Man United, and it always starts well, but even in late August, I played Sunderland and got hammered 3-0! I don't understand why, after having years of tough (but enjoyable) games, SI have decided to crank the difficulty up to 11.

I've read tens of forum posts about 'How Roles and Instructions are MEGA IMPORTANT', and have often taken notes, but when I try and implement the advice given into the game itself, WITH THE EXACT SAME TEAM, I'll lose 4-0 against a Newcastle or a Watford.

I don't want to give up, but it's becoming almost near-impossible for me to play and not enjoyable.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

what tactics are you using mate,your own or created by others?

I found that to start with, but read advice online:
Try to look at how your side concede goals (a lot of people concede a lot of crosses on FM16) and try to adjust accordingly.
I found that I dealt with things much better by having one centre back on cover, for example.

Personally I like how it's more difficult this year, it was too easy previously but this year the increased challenge makes it more rewarding - and realistic!

well if you are like me mate,a family man with limited time then its best to download a tried and trusted tactic like conqueror v6 which is what i use to great effect.TFF has done a great job with his tactics

This FM is the one that I am enjoying the most. Used to play 09, 11 y 12, and focus on downloading a good tactic, develop players and in no time winning it all with any club.

This is my second attempt to FM16. The first one, months ago, I tried to replicate the way I’ve always worked, so that was my first mistake. I began to read some guides, start thinking on my own, and had success on one season. The next one I was sacked due to terrible results, with basically the same team. Reason? Having build myself a tactic, I put it in automatic, like it was plug-and-play. Later on, instead of returning to the basics, I added more instructions, overcomplicating things.

Now I’m enjoying the game really much. Started unemployed, brought Real Oviedo (2nd division spanish team) from relegation position to playoffs, build the squad the next season (playoff again) and fixed the disastrous economy of the club, won the Liga adelante in the third season and right now, happy in a 10th position in January in 1st spanish division with the youngest squad, an improved economy and a bright future (I hope!) ahead.

And I don’t like football. Never played it, almost never watched it (Barça, from time to time; here you seem to be an outcast if you don’t do that).

I recommend the Starting at a new club thread in FM2015 of WJ (just to know the logical and simple tactical decisions to be made around the team; I find out that simple and logical works excellent)
The Pairs and Combinations guide, for the logical approaches to roles and dutys. Also, I imagine that playing with a top team is more difficult, everyone locks up deep and leave no space behind the line. I am always thinking about space left behind lines and space to be occupied in front. In those cases there’s a need for intelligent support roles, some width and tempo and logical caution at the back. I don’t move out of Counter, Standard and (more less) Control mentalities. I don’t use many TI’s, one or two at most, maybe more in especific matches. Simple works fine for a noob in tactics like me.

So give it a second try. This FM is more demanding, but not too hard to beat and definitively enjoyable game by game.

PS: Sorry for my english, non native speaker here.

Its probably the worst FM made, i stream FM and myself and the viewers had a bit of fun recording every goal i scored and conceded. 85% of the goals i score and concede are from crosses (mostly backpost crosses)

The game is so predictable this year, i know a lot of folk that are moaning about crosses being OP. Its tedious now

To the OP, either invest some time into learning the game or, as others said, download tactics. It would be a lot more rewarding to make an attempt to learn the tactical side of the game and do it all yourself though.

Its probably the worst FM made, i stream FM and myself and the viewers had a bit of fun recording every goal i scored and conceded. 85% of the goals i score and concede are from crosses (mostly backpost crosses)

The game is so predictable this year, i know a lot of folk that are moaning about crosses being OP. Its tedious now
With the way you set up, surely this is to be expected? Set up different (better) tactics and the issue will be a lot better.

#advert

You just have to stick to it mate, if your losing games your not suppose to then obviously something is wrong with your tactic, not every player role or instruction gel nicely, you have to get a nice balance

I actually feel that it's far to easy to transform a team into a domestic (even European with top league teams) powerhouse. Buy some wonderkids, download a plug and play tactic, and silverware keeps rolling. If you play more realistic (don't buy 10 wonderkids, make your own tactics, dont use editors etc.) , then I think it gives you a pretty decent challenge.