"FM16 is running dangerously low on memory"

maxchaplin55

Reaction score
Seem to have hit a strange block on my FM save. 6th season with Villa, first replays stopped working, and now I was just continuing to my next game, it was simming some international games and boom, error message "FM16 is running dangerously low on memory". Froze, couldn't click anything and had to force quit the game.

I only have top european leagues and argentina and brazil top leagues, and only English professional leagues playable. Have database on large, graphics on very low. Never had any problem before really.

If anyone could shed some light I'd be grateful.

What power plan you have selected on your Power Options?

Hardware and Sound -> Power Options

Sorry, how do I locate Hardware and Sound?

Clicking on the Start button (supposedly is a windows..), clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.

Switch to High performance and change the turn off the display to never.

Clicking on the Start button (supposedly is a windows..), clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.

Switch to High performance and change the turn off the display to never.

Yeah I have a Mac :(

Yeah I have a Mac :(

1. Click on the "Apple" icon in the top left hand corner.
  2. Select "System Preferences."
  3. On the System Preferences screen, click on the "Energy Saver" icon (it looks like a compact fluorescent light bulb).
will appear something like this
View attachment 196142

Change Display sleep and Computer Sleep to never and untick Put the hard disk to sleep when possible / automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep / Automatic graphics switching

this will consume a little more battery/energy, as it is a high performance and avoids performance changes (like ram/processor .. and that's why you get that crash about low memory).