yescomeon

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on here after reading a few of the stories on here. I thought I would join in and post some updates on my current fm play-through. My Brexit challenge.

The premise of this challenge is that the protagonist is leaving the UK following the Brexit result. It is the usual rags to riches challenge (e.g. unemployed start, Sunday league experience, no coaching badges) but only leagues in EU countries (discounting Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland) and along the way the protagonist aims to pick up citizenship in an EU country asap.

Due to laptop restrictions, I am starting with only leagues in EU countries adjacent to the UK playable on moving to a country I will remove leagues no longer neighbouring that country, and add any new leagues for new neighbours not previously enabled (I didn’t enable Ireland as it would have been a cul-de-sac of sorts). So, the starting nations were France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark (Norway and Iceland non-EU), with all leagues enabled.

The list of length of stay requirements for citizenship I am working from is as follows:
  • Belgium – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Finland – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • France – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Ireland – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Romania – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Sweden – 5 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Netherlands – 5 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Poland – 5 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Bulgaria – 5 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Portugal – 6 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Germany – 6 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Hungary – 8 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Croatia – 8 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Slovakia – 8 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Denmark – 9 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Greece – 10 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Italy – 10 years (dual citizenship possible)
  • Spain – 10 years (dual citizenship not possible)
  • Austria – 10 years (dual citizenship not possible)
(open to corrections if any of these are wrong or change since writing). I will be working on the rule that if dual UK/EU citizenship is obtained, then the UK leagues will become playable (in my save, so long as they border the country I am in). The end goal of this challenge will be winning the champions league (in addition to the citizenship).

I actually played 2 and a half seasons of game time before deciding to do this. I will start with a flurry of posts summarising my progress so far. More structured regularly spaced (in game time) posts will follow.

Initially, the only level I seemed able to have much chance of a job was the Danish second division and even then, I had to wait half a season to get a job offer. I managed to land a job with Hvidovre Idrætsforening (HIF) which seems to be a pretty good opportunity despite being the Danish second division. They have won the Danish top division 3 times (1966, 1973 & 1981), with 19 seasons at that level, the Danish Cup in 1 time (1980), the first division 3 times (1964, 1986 & 1996) and the second divison 2 times (1964 & 2013). However, on closer inspection, the finances were a shambles, there was less than nothing in the bank, around minus 5 million Krone (~£565,600 - I change the currency to that of the country I am in for realism, there is a part of me that wants to change the language too, but I try to ignore that part).

The Danish 2nd​ Division has two stages a group stage, 3 groups of 8, from which the top 4 teams go to the promotion stage and the bottom 4 teams go to the relegation stage. There is a winter break between the two halves of the season, which is where I came in, with my team in the relegation stage. But at least I get a kind of a pre-season (or a mid-season [winter break]) to work with the team. The technical ability of the team is very good for this level so I will be looking to play a passing game. I’ve gone for a diamond, which operates as a normal back four with a midfield triangle and an attacking triangle. The wing backs will provide all the width as wide players have been sacrificed to provide more passing option down the middle of the pitch.

As time progressed, I found that the club was haemorrhaging cash around 200,000 Krone (~£22,600) a month so I didn’t intend on retaining any players on contract over DKK 1,000 (~£113) p/w which means most of the best players left at the end of the season (the club was also paying over the wage limit so added reason for players to have to leave). Although, there are plenty of players who seem willing to come to the club on amateur contracts, which I intend to take full advantage of. On the topic of wages, the upper limit I set for the players was roughly what I was earning myself, which meant that in terms of living situation a house share in Hvidovre, a suburb of Copenhagen, is all I could afford, and just about at that.

Results-wise, the team was too good to be in the relegation stage, they adapted to the tactics well and found the going quite easy, picking up 10 wins, 3 draws and 3 loses (scoring 21 goals and conceding 13) to finish first in the relegation stage (13th​ overall in the 2nd​ division). The pre-season actually got off to a terrible start getting hammered in 4 consecutive games against 3 1st​ division sides and a 2nd​ division side. At that point I decided to cancel the remaining pre-season games and organise 3 games against 3 tiddly Danish sides to boost morale and get the team used to winning, which seemed to work.

Last edited:
Hvidovre Idrætsforening - Danish Second Division - 2017/18 Season

View attachment 114104

By the end of the season the balance was something like DKK 6 million (~£678,700) in the red however most of the big earners left the club in the summer, 19 players left in total, some youth players but a lot of senior players and most of the key players at the club. The outgoing players were replaced by players on amateur contracts, twelve in total, and a striker on loan. Although these players aren’t of the same quality as those leaving, I still felt we had the quality to be making it to the promotion stage this season, and in fact the board expected me to be around the top of the league. Over the summer I was given a new 2 year deal on slightly more money, but not enough to get me out of the house share.

I decided on a similar pre-season strategy to my first. We were beaten in our first game against 1st​ division side Vejle, but won all our 5 games against the tiddlers with a 5-0 win in the last game of pre-season. In the competitive matches we won 6, drew 3 and lost 5 (scoring 15 and conceding 14) to finish 4th​, just enough to qualify for the promotion stage. Also, with the big earners gone the monthly deficit has be cut to around DKK 20,000 (~£2,260).

Over the winter break deficit was back up to around DKK 100,000 (~£11,300), without going up the leagues I’m not sure how to solve the problem, I’m only spending about DKK 20,000 p/w of a DKK 60,000 (~£6,790) p/w wage budget. The worst part of all this is that the financials are so bad the board aren’t willing to stump up the £600 (~DKK 5,300) to send me on a coaching course.

More of the same in the midseason friendlies, 4 wins, mostly agains lower rep sides and a loss to a first division side. My goal for the friendlies is to come into the competitive matches with better morale and fitness than other sides, to try and get the edge. The first match of the promotion stage was a 2 all draw, this was followed up by an inexplicable 7-1 win which really ignited the season. We went on an incredible winning streak winning the next 6 games on the bounce. One game from the end of the season we sat top of the league having won 11 games, drawn 2 and lost only one. Due to some weird points carryover rule for the promotion stage our lead wasn’t as big as it should have been with second place side FC Sydvest having won only 6 games and drawing 9 games. We went on to lose the last game of the season and FC Sydvest won, meaning we missed out on the title, but went up as runners up.

We had our first pop at the Danish cup this season and made it to the 3rd​ round, a decent little run.

Last edited:
Hvidovre Idrætsforening - Danish First Division - 2018/19 Season

(2018)

View attachment 114103

Being a division higher I decided to offer out some contracts to give us the best chance of staying up a centre back with a 4 star rating on DKK 2.3k p/w (~£260) to replace an outgoing equally rated centre back on DKK 4k p/w, a 4 star centre mid on DKK 2.3k p/w and a left back on DKK 1.9k p/w (~£210). This, along with new contracts for centre back 3.5 stars, centre mid 3 stars (4.5 potential), a ‘keeper 3 stars (4.5 potential), right back 3 stars (4 potential) and a centre back 2.5 stars (4 potential) took the wage spending to almost DKK 30k (~£3,400).

Pre-season – same again, first match we got smashed 5-0 by a superliga side, by the end of the friendlies the fitness and morale was good. The Danish First division is split into 3 periods, the first period and half the second period before the winter break and the remainder after. We finished the first period in 8th​ with 3 wins 3 draws and 5 loses, which meant we got DKK 1.2 million (~£135,700) prize money, a very pleasant surprise as I had not paid attention to the prize money. Also, the television cameras seem to love us, must be the slick football. We’ve been on the telly 5 times at DKK 90,000 (~£10,200) a pop, a welcome boost to the bank balance. So far the balance has gone back up to DKK 5 million in the red, by the end of the season, regardless of position the balance will be better than when I arrived at the club. If I can keep the club up, the club will be in a much better position than when I found it, by the end of the following season the club would then be back in the black, and have the loan debt payed off.

In the Danish Cup we went out in the first round to a team 2 tiers bellows, on the telly too.

We played 8 more games in the league before the winter break, winning 3 drawing 3 and losing 2 games, leaving us sitting in 7th​ place in the league.

Last edited:
Hvidovre Idrætsforening - Danish First Division - 2018/19 Season

(2019)

View attachment 114101

We’re now caught up with the game progress I will show my Manager profile, squad and tactics. I’ve still not managed to convince the board to fund a training course. I noticed when taking the screenshots that I am wanted by Brondby IF in the Superliga, to say I would be interested would be an understatement. I am considering leaving HIF at the end of the season to look for a role where the club will fund my coaching courses. Also, Denmark is one of the harder countries to get citizenship, I am currently 817/3,287 (25%) of my way towards citizenship, still over 6 years away. A move to Sweden would speed up achieving my first goal a year earlier. But I would be happy to wait an extra year for a job like Brondby.

First 11 players are;
  • Oliver Korch – highly rated by my assistant, has been alright whilst I’ve been here, lost his place for a while but has returned to the side and stayed there;
  • Anders Vestergaard - a centre back and striker who, in my time here, has put in some great performances for me;
  • Soren Jensen – brought in to replace an outgoing 4 star left sided defender, Jensen has done a grand job since coming in, his ability to play left back too is handy;
  • Mikkel Hansen – brought in during my first season here on an amateur contract and still happy on it, Hansen has become first choice, being pushed hard by the player behind him though;
  • Emil Faver – unspectacular left back Faver is one of the few players on a contract, his numbers are good but the performances don’t live up to the profile;
  • Morten Andersen – the anchor man hasn’t endeared himself to me in the same way as his predecessor but he is a better player on paper;
  • Ferdinand Bangsgaard – best player at the club according to my assistant, averaging over a 7 in the league so is doing well, usually plays deep lying playmaker but happy with him as box to box too;
  • Jonas Jakobsen – a weird one this, Jakobsen was brought in as the box to box player but was largely kept out of the team until recently by another player, that player decided to leave the club in the winter break but re-signed on an amateur deal, but Jakobsen moves back to first choice, a gaping hole for determination and dodgy finishing aside, not a bad player;
  • Benjamin Poulsen – my main man, originally brought in as back-up to our original advanced playmaker, Poulsen fought his way into the first team and singled handedly turned our form around, this guy makes things happen in the final third, love him;
  • Frederik Sundstrup – one of our two frustrating strikers, Sundstrup seems to score more goals from deep and is the more skilful of the two, so the logical choice to play deeper, both strikers squander so many chances though, we’d be so much better off if we could find a striker who could score consistently;
  • Tobais Perto – signing permanently in summer after as season last season on loan with us, Perto got 8 goals in 15 starts last season and has 4 in 14 this season, he plays the advanced forward role but both him and Sundstrup can play both forward postions.

The **** has fallen out of the finances for some reason. Over the months November, December and January we lost over a million Krone (~£113,000), with DKK 400,000 (~£45,000) loses in the latter two months. In February, with the friendly games, this fell below DKK 400,000 to DKK 360,000 but all that prize money has gone, luckily it’s only 3 games until the end of the second third and we’ll be getting more prize money in. Either way, it’s going to take longer to get the club back in the black than I first thought.

Comfortable defeat at home against Swedish Premier Division side GAIS in a game where dominated the possession but didn’t match up with their cutting-edge.

Dominant win against Swedish fourth division side, good win in a game we should be winning, goals from all the front 3.

Same again against another Swedish fourth division side, goals from some back-up players this time.

Tougher opposition in Swedish first division elite side Falkenbergs dominated the game again but couldn’t take our chances, it’s been a familiar story this season.

Last game against another tiddler from Denmark, 2 goals from backup midfielder Hermansen.

We were robbed here, and only just managed to ****** a point thanks to disappointing reserve striker Bramer, totally battered them but couldn’t score.

Battered but we had 57% possession…

You can probably guess what happened in this game, defence bailed us out this time though.

At the end of the second period we finish again in 8th​ netting another DKK 1.18 million taking the balance to DKK -5.8 million, slowly slowly catchy monkey. We also had another 2 tv games, so that’s DKK 180k more, I’m getting a bit tired of counting the pennies.

Good start to the final period controlled the game quite well and managed to bag the 3 points.

Two goals in two games for Sundstrup and a good point against 3rd​ placed Roskilde.

Despite umming and ahhing over whether to stay at the club, the board came in with a contract offer which I managed to negotiate up to a decent enough wage, actually making me the best paid person at the club. This pay rise should be enough to end the Danish house share nightmare and move in to a small apartment in the centre of Copenhagen.

Feeling pretty smug, hauled of both strikers and he two replacements scored to secure the 3 points and celebrate my new contract.

Hate this team, keep losing to them, and in this game they’ve condemned my leading goal scorer to the sidelines for 3-4 weeks.

Dissapointing draw against the bottom side.

Clear cut chances: Hvidovre - 3, Skive – 0.

Perto scored a late equaliser to end his 11 hour goal drought and get us a point, no more than we deserved, we were the better side.

We picked up a player on the free transfer deadline day, competition for Perto, who until today had been struggling for form. Perhaps just the kick up the backside he needs.

Did well to come out of this one with a win, second best on the day, but one point closer to safety.

Solid win, a goal from a free-kick from our second choice right back who has fought his way into the side, another good performace from our back up advanced playmaker Kim Have who has found his way into the side with Benjamin Poulsen out of form. This result was enough to secure us a place in the first division next season.

Good result and a good performance against the team that walked the league this season, and Pedersen’s first goal for the club on his first start.

Meh. Terrible performance and result to finish the season. We end it in 8th​ place, again, and get another DKK 1.18 million, again.

Last edited:
Hvidovre Idrætsforening - Danish First Division - 2019/20 Season

(First Period) - 1,052/3,287 towards Danish Citizenship

View attachment 113999

With their contracts running out at the end Oliver Korch, captain Anders Vestergaard and Emil Farver will be leaving the club as they were after significant pay rises, which were not an option with the clubs current financial state. All three players have been replaced with players willing to play on amateur contract.

All three players are like for like, and of more or less equal quality, perhaps better.

The above two players have been brought in to add depth to the squad, the latter replacing two retiring back up strikers.

In terms of finances, the club has a new kit sponsorship work DKK 1.6 million, a DKK 1 million increase on the last deal, that is sure to help get the club out of it current financial state, and maybe even get me on a coaching course in some distant future.

The media seem to think we have improved, our league prediction is up to 9th​ from 11th​ last season. Our odds for the title have dropped from 1000-1 to 250-1, worth a few Krone? Probably not.

Not a terrible result against Polish top tier outfit Pogon. The new ‘keeper was poor for both goals, but a well taken finish from our new striker softened the blow somewhat.

You’re welcome.

Solid win as expected against a much weaker side.

Comprehensive dismantling of a similar side.

Standard.

Another howler from the new ‘keeper, let’s hope he’s got it all out of his system.

We’ve made it to the end of pre-season and two of the players who didn’t get new contracts at the end of last season are still at the club on month-to-month deals – Anders Vestergaard and Emil Farver.

Abysmal performace, going to need to be a lot better than this if we are going to stay up.

Not a bad effort against a side relegated from the Superliga last season, need to pick up some points soon though.

First point with this draw, but it felt like a loss, at the start of the season I was worried that I might be found out as this is my first season in the same division. It’s not looking good so far but still a long time to turn things around.

Solid win against a side 2 divisions below us in the Danish cup, hopefully this will give morale a little boost. Unfortunately our new striker picked up a dislocated jaw and will be out for up to 7 weeks.

Grrrrr. We looked class in the first half, a funny 5 minutes halfway through the second half and we ****** it away. Just the one point.

Robbed. They only had two ****** shots.

Great result that against top of the table Avarta, they only had one shot on target and two altogether, that one shot did find its way in, I’m not super convinced by our new ‘keeper, but I’m going to give him a chance.

Hate these guys. I’m surprised this hasn’t happened more. Lost a pretty important player on a free. I tried to offer him a new contract but he wanted money – imagine that. Would be much less annoying if he wasn’t on an amateur contract at Avarta.

Extremely hard done by to lose 4-0, regardless, we’re out of the cup.

Disappointing draw at home against our relegation rivals.

Was thinking during this game that Nielsen seems to have cut the mistakes out of his game and looks a decent keeper. As if he could read my mind he bundles the ball into the back of the net under no pressure to score a shambolic own goal. Luckily Vestergaard, filling in up front due to the departure of Sundstrup and injury to Holten, managed to grab a very late equaliser.

3 shots, 3 on target 3 goals, a hattrick from Perto in the first 20 minutes, the opposition ‘keeper and his tracky bottoms couldn’t hold him back. Unfortunately we lost Perto with a torn hamstring in the second half, out for 3 months.

Another 3-0 win, this time against recently relegated Hobro who had a man sent off in the first half, we managed to take full advantage.

**** of a game this one, the goal that won it was a fine example of the way we try to play, a slick passing move.

With that win, it’s 3 on the bounce and we move up to 6th​ place, which draws to a close the first period. Finishing in 6th​ place nets us DKK 1.6 million, taking us to just over negative DKK 4 million.

Two new contract, one for Soren Jensen, one of our best players, and new boy Christian Thorup’s agent managed to get a semi-pro deal out of me.

Last edited:

(Second Period) - 2,077 Days Until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 113626

View attachment 113625

First game of the second period and a good result this against the top team.

This however was not a good result against a team that looks set to drop out of the division.

Second loss on the bounce against one of the relegated Superliga sides, who move top with this result.

More dropped points against a relegation rival.

This time a visit to a relegation rival, but this time we get the result we want, 3 in 3 now for Pedersen, about time he got started.

Good result this, very clinical. Recently we have moved Poulsen to deep lying forward and brought Kim Have into the advanced playmaker role, with Pedersen advanced forward. The team looks much better going forward for it.

This was a return to the Kæmpernes Arena for Sundstrup, and an unhappy one thankfully. Avarta took the lead after a bad mistake from Hansen, but that was about all they managed, we totally dominated and a good performance from their ‘keeper made it look more comfortable than it was, aside from a howler for Pedersen’s second. Pedersen really is on fire at the moment, the winter break is coming at an unfortunate time.

Our fourth win in a row and again inspired by Pedersen. Perhaps he is the consistent scorer the team has been crying out for. This result takes us to 3rd​ in the table going into the winter break.

We lost another first team player, this time he left for a paid contract so I can blame him. He played well for us, averaging over a 7 in 19 games. However, with Vestergaard still at the club, he has a replacement here already.

Good set of friendlies against a higher average level of teams than usual. The team are looking very fit and the performances have been very good, particularly in terms of goal-scoring.

Tough restart, made more difficult with two suspensions to deal with, and even more so with a player sent off.

This one was there for the taking against a side in the group eyeing up the final playoff place.

Dominant win this, Holten breaks a 24 hour dry spell with a hat-trick, Nielsen saved a penalty too. This result was enough to take us to 4th​ place at the end of the second period.

With that position we net DKK 2.18 million (~£250,000).

Last edited:

(Third Period) - 1,969 Days Until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 113607

View attachment 113606

As the game might say, we we’re made to rue missed chances. A great goalkeeping display from the man between the opposition sticks, they scored their only shot on target.

The ball just wouldn’t go into the back of the net again. I’m not concerned just yet as we are creating good chances, with a bit more luck we will start to put them away.

One of my favourite results in my time here. A win away against a very strong Vejle side in a very entertaining game. Towards the end of the game the my players looked fitter than theirs and the substitutions I made really made a difference, it’s very satisfying when things work as you want them to in this game isn’t it.

**** we were good in this game, we passed it around lovely and they couldn’t deal with it. Poulsen cut through them with 2 assists which draws him level with the club record of 10 assists for the season, and closing in on the league record 12 assists for the season with plenty of time left to break that record.

A real humbling of the bottom of the table side. Emil Holten really looked good in this game. It was one of those games where everything we hit went in. And with this result Poulten broke the club record for assists…

Terrible performance at home against second bottom. Not a single shot on target.

More exciting game than I would have liked, especially after Avarta had a man sent off. They managed to go ahead and I thought it was all over. Holten had hit the post 2 times and I thought it wasn’t going to be our day. And it almost wasn’t, it took a fluky cross from Hansen finding its way in to give us the 3 points.

Not a great performance here, lucky to pull a draw out of the bag truth be told. Pedersen’s goal actually turned out to be a record breaking goal…

Routine win to keep the pressure on, with the teams above us winning and 6 points behind with 2 games to go it’s not looking good for a playoff spot.

A good draw really but it’s the end to our playoff dream, but we have 4th​ place tied up too.

Nice solid win to round of the season with nothing on the line.

Even before the game 4th​ place was guaranteed, the final table looked very nice indeed, especially so given the board expectation of avoiding relegation.

And with 4th​ place came another DKK 2.14 million.

Here is the best 11 and the end of season awards. Player of the season was Bangsgaard who may or may not be leaving at the end of the season. His agent is asking for a huge fee, a big signing on fee and a sizeable wage increase. I am not willing to offer that so I will just see if he hangs around on a month to month version of his current contract. Signing of the season went to our new 'keeper Nielsen. I had my doubts at the start of the season but kept faith and he really did become a solid 'keeper. In fact he actually equalled the clubs clean sheet record for the season with 8 clean sheets.

With nothing better on offer at the time of the offer and the board not allowing me to delay after already delayed 2 weeks I decided to accept the offer of a new 2 year contract with a DKK 500 p/w pay rise.

With the success of this season we managed to increase the profit at the club by over 100% to DKK 4.71 million (~£577,000), we are very nearly out of the red now.

The current chairman decided not to run for a second term and the club held elections and there is a new man at the helm, Henrik Henriksen. Who decided to take out a DKK 1.66 million loan which is far from ideal. Yes it takes us into the black, but I would have managed that this season without it and we were close to paying off the current loan (2023), and now we have another loan on top of it (2030).

Although, being in the black now I was finally able to go on my first coaching course. If I can get a few more qualifications done all this stressing over the finances will have been worth it.

Despite having signed a new contract I decided to apply for the vacant managers position at FC Nordsjælland who have just been relegated from the Superliga.

Unfortunately they decided to appoint the longtime assistant and twice caretaker manager Otto Abbo, which is fair enough I guess. I do think it may have been the DKK 400,000 they would have had to pay in compensation because of my new contract that put them off.

The season review came through and I was pleased to see that we were the biggest overachievers, I assume there is no manager of the season award as I was not in the conversation. We also had the leagues top assist maker in the record breaking Benjamin Poulsen.

Finally, despite being one of the lead characters of this save so far. There haven't been any screenshots of the clubs finances. So I will end this post with one showing the balance in the black. My plan for this new 2 year deal is to have another season of building the balance, and then to really go for the Superliga the season after that. That said, I will be applying for any Superliga jobs that come up, and for the first season, also the Swedish Premier Division, as it will still be quicker to grab citizenship in Sweden for the first half year at least.

Last edited:
Hvidovre Idrætsforening - Danish First Division - 2020/21 Season

(First Period) - 1,873 towards Danish Citizenship

View attachment 113318

View attachment 113317

Not my best organised pre-season, I was bit distracted by off the field matters. Still, all wins. I also decided not to bring in any new players or let any players go, just go again with the same squad as last season.

Disappointing result, took the lead but they had way too many chances. This lack of fitness was a bit worrying.

Poor result against a side just promoted at home. Had the better of the stats, except the one that matters.

With a bid in for Emil Holten, I went out and signed a good young striker to provide a bit of back-up. We are pretty well stocked for strikers, could play either of the front two positions.

Ferdinand Bangsgaard decided to leave the club now his contract is up. We also shipped out a back-up midfielder who was never going to play, so we are now in the market for a couple of midfielders as we are looking a bit thin on the ground.

The struggles continue. Luck just isn’t with us. I must admit that I am starting to think that I have made a major balls-up with pre-season. I didn’t get the team fit enough with not enough friendly games and I forgot to up the training intensity. I also didn’t sign any players, and with players now leaving things are looking a bit shaky.

We also lost our best young player who had just broken into the first team. He went to Silkeborg in the Superliga on a pre-contract deal.

Emil Holten decided to stick with us, turning down a contract from fierce rivals Frem. Good lad.

This is the first of the midfielders we brought in. Guldbrandsen will challenge Thourp for the box-to-box midfielder role, and in all honestly will probably rob him of it.

A chance to get a win to end our poor run of form against a fierce rival, who are a division below, in the Danish cup. We got off to a terrible start with Andersen gifting them a goal, and I thought we were going to lose it. The full time bollocking was half written in my head and Perto sends it to extra time, then goes up to bag himself a hat-trick. I think he will be starting the next game.

Another comfortable defeat, although the game thought we were unlucky, which I thought we were but by the end of the match I thought we looked second best.

Another player decides to leave. Vestergaard has been struggling to get in the side recently and was still picking up a wage, so not devastated by this news.

At last, a win, against the team in 10th​ going into the match (we were 11th​).

Another win and that makes it two on the bounce, this time against Viborg – relegated from the Superliga last season. There can be no bemoaning our luck in this game. A deflection off a free-kick took it in and they had a player sent off which meant we saw out the match. We actually have more points than at this stage last season, perhaps my whinging about the start was pre-mature, perhaps the success of last season has raised my expectation unrealistically, especially considering we have a weaker squad.

We lost two centre backs on deadline day, one who had just broken into our first team left to join a team a division below. I will be looking to bring in a centre back in the free transfer window and maybe promote a youth player for cover.

Nicolai Pedersen comes in as the replacement for Anders Vestergaard, probably a better player. I would have rathered a right footed centre back but beggars can’t be choosers, this guy was happy to come in on an amateur deal.

Holten decides to leave for another amateur deal with another club in the first division. I have a new striker I have brought in, I have promoted a player from the youth squad as fourth choice. If it isn’t working out I have my eye on a player, but he is after a contract.

Our final signing is the replacement for Bangsgaard, one of the main reasons we have signed this guy is his free kicks. We get tons of free kicks but hardly ever score them. Our next best free kick taker in and around the first team has a free kick taking of 10, so Hechmann is a significant improvement.

A difficult task was made much more difficult by gifting the Superliga side 2 penalties in the first half. It was a reasonably even game aside from that. Regardless, that is the end of the Danish cup for this season.

Worst performance of the season, mistakes all over the pitch and couldn’t string our passes together. Luckily this was against bottom of the table HB Koge, a better side would have destroyed us. We lost Soren Jensen for 6 weeks, not ideal when we are thin at the back as it is.

A real humbling at home against a very strong FC Nordsjælland, from early in the match it looked like it was going to be a matter of keeping the score down. Poulsen picked up a very serious spinal injury, I sent him to a specialist rather for 2-3 months rather than have my physio take 10-12 month to fix him.

Good result to hold top of the table Vejle to a draw at home. An extremely well taken goal on his debut from the striker promoted to our first team.

Good to get a win here, pretty routine. Looked better, but were helped to hold on to our lead by a sending off.

We were just about the better team but we just couldn’t find the back of the net, they did.

At the end of the first period we finish 8th​ with 12 points fom 11 games, 5 less than at this stage last season.

And with that finish we net DKK 1.34 million.

Last edited:

The managers job at Randers FC in the Superliga was available, so I thought I would get the CV updated and sent over there...

...and the interview technique was clearly sharp as I was made an offer, and I could quite simply, could not refuse - a pay rise of over DKK 30k (~£3,400) a week! Also there was the small matter of making the step up to the Superliga.

I spent a total of 1417 days (3.88 years) at the club, taking them from a terrible financial mess in the second division, to being back in the black in the first division. I feel proud of the work that I did there. Although I have left them mid-season, they do get DKK 350k for their troubles.

My record at HIF was as follows:

Anyway, on to Randers FC.

I made the 3 hour journey from Copenhagen to town of Randers on the mainland.

My first act as manager is to release 5 players on amateur contracts who were unhappy, they were never in any danger of making the first team and I’d rather have them out than affecting morale.

I’ve joined a club with less in the trophy cabinet than HIF but the finances are a completely different story:

The targets set by the board are as follows:

The passing stats for the teams season so far are less than impressive so I am leaning towards a counter-attacking system, the first tactic I have put together is the following:

The players in the possitions in the image are those who I consider to be the first team (before a game has been played mind).

Will be playing this player as a Trequartista, his preferred position, he's not a bad player.

Due to a lack of left wingers I will be playing Bruhn as an inside forward on the left hand side.

Markus Bay is a pretty good young player who will take up the advanced playmaker role.

Viktor Lundberg looks like an ok winger, could definitely be better though.

The intimidating looking Finn will be playing the ball winning midfielder, winning the ball back with just a look I imagine.

Poulsen looks like a decent player to play in the deep lying playmaker role.

Would rather more of a wing back than the defensive full back that Marxen seem to be, but he is the best we have at left full back.

Not bad where he needs to be, gash almost every where else, Gartenmann will play the left sided centre back, would rather a left footed player but I don't have any.

Similar situation for Enghardt, this time he is a right footed defender on the right had side of defence.

Jonas Bager (the Badger) is probably the best player at the club. More of a centre back but will probably be finding himself playing at right back until I can bring someone in.

And finally the man between the sticks.

I will be training another counter attacking tactic, just because.

Looks like there is a lot going on back in Hvidovre.

So it is fair to say that Randers are not having the best of seasons...

Yet to pick up a win, nailed to the bottom of the table.

And here are the result, not pretty reading. Won't take much to better that.

Last edited:
Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2020/21 Season

(Preliminary Stage 2nd half) - 1,706 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 113120

View attachment 113149

Not hard to see why Randers have not won a game yet, a lot of work to do. After the dismissal we changed to the 532 (522 with the man less) and I think we looked better, I might persist with that formation if the next game is poor also.

National C complete, on to National B.

Our ‘keeper is awful, the first 3 goals should never have gone in, perhaps it’s his morale but I will be looking for a replacement immediately. We went 3 down and looked pathetic, so I changed to a 3231 dm wide on control with shorter passing and we looked much better. So less of this counter attacking football, which I don’t like personally, I will be looking to bring a passing game to Randers.

My first signing at Randers is Bassogog, a left winger, the first at the club anywhere near first team. Pretty happy with him for a free transfer and he will be straight into the first team and the inside forward will be changed to a winger.

In fact, here is the new, more possession based tactic that I will be playing this season…

A nice handsome win in the Danish cup against a side from the second division. Hopefully will instil a bit of belief in the lads and we can carry some momentum into the league games. Another fine performance from Odgaard, fingers crossed he is the man to fire us out of danger.

A great win, must be a huge relief for the fans. Hopefully we can build on this and make our way up what it a very tight table.

We weren’t as bad as the scoreline suggests, they were clinical, we were wasteful. Although their first was down to a blunder from our ‘keeper.

Another win, this result moves us off bottom, although the team replacing us has two games in hand. But more results like this will see us moving in the right direction.

Quality performance against a decent side. Two wins on the bounce now.

We should have gone on to win this game, instead, three mistakes at the back and we give them three goals. Very disappointing. We should have been beating these at home.

Another disappointing results, one absolute goalkeeping howler and one where he should have done a lot better give Hobro 2 goals. Luckily we claw one back to get a point, should have been getting 3 here.

Again, I am disappointed. We never really put them under any pressure. We got awarded a penalty which we took but didn’t create anything else. I switched more defensive towards the end but a long shot found its way in. I went even more defensive and we held on for a draw.

The last 3 games I was targeting 9 points, we got 2. They were all winnable games but defensive and goalkeeping mistakes cost us. Going into the winter break we’re 13th​ with 16 points from 22 games (12 points from 9 games in my time here), with bottom of the table Hobro on 14 point from 21 games.

This team needs a new goalkeeper, a left back a right back a centre back and an attacking midfielder, that’s if nobody leaves. I have DKK 10 million to spend but no wage budget.

So after a very hectic winter break I have managed to bring in:

Pretty much like for like for Bay, but with half the wages and no potential. A free-kick taker though, which we lacked.

A familiar player. I’m a fan of this guy in real life so I am happy to bring him in. Getting on a bit and he will hardly be bombing down the wing but should have enough about him for this level. He is also a **** scout, and I inadvertently brought him in as a player/scout and had to let one of my scouts go, sorry.

One of my scouts in Africa noticed this guy, brought in to provide competition at the back, might go straight in if he has a good pre-season.

The replacement ‘keeper, relief. It’s a young lad from Chelsea, better than our old ‘keeper, and with potential still to be fulfilled. Looking forwards to seeing how he develops.

Another young African. I had a real mare signing him as my head of youth development cocked up the contract multiple times so I took over, but at that stage time was running out and I panicked and offered him more than I would have liked. **** of a cross on him mind, will replace Kallesøe when he joins Austria Wien at the end of the season.

A decent looking Danish prospect willing to come in on a smallish contract who I am happy to take a chance on.

I offloaded two players including one of my highest earners who didn’t justify his wage, in fact neither did. I was also hoping to offload a further two player, including our goalkeeper, who has been replaced, and another player not justifying his wage.

I went with my trusty preseason routine; the first team are looking fit and hopefully have a winning mentality going into the league games. Unfortunately, we picked up 3 injuries over the pre-season, 2 in the last game. Mikkel Rygaard, our new advanced playmaker, is out for 4-5 weeks, Joni Kauko, our ball winning midfielder, is out for a week, and our backup ball winning midfielder is out for 3 weeks.

We probably mugged Bronby a bit here. They had more clear cut chances, but aside from that it was fairly even. It took us a while to get going, but when we did we matched them.

I have now completed my National B licence, but the board won’t let me study for my National A as they want me on the training ground.

We also picked up another injury, and this one is a blow. We have lost Viktor Lundberg for 2-3 with a hip injury. The right winger has been one of the best performers since I have joined the club.

Terrible result, two mistakes from the young centre back we brought in lost us the game, we couldn’t take our chances either which didn’t help. So much for a winning mentality. Icing on the cake was losing the player replacing Rygaard for 3 weeks.

A good result, and a needed win. They really struggled to break us down and Rygaard destroyed them with a back heel, on his debut.

A very limp performance, but this one was in the cup. Thompson should have done better for the goal.

A very harsh result. We held our own well until we had a man sent off. After that we were under the cosh but not doing too bad. We then conceded a penalty and the floodgates opened. Not the best way to finish off the preliminary stage.

We were never really going to qualify for anything other than the relegation stage. I did manage to lift the team off the bottom though.

Last edited:
Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2020/21 Season

(Relegation Stage) - 1,630 days until Danish Citizenship

The draw for the relegation group gives us a favourable group in terms of teams, but we will have to move above AC Horsens if we want to avoid a relegation playoff, which I clearly do. So, 6 games to overcome a 4 point gap.

We get off to a good start with a 2-0 win against Silkeborg, Horsens lost so the gap is down to 1 point.

Great result, we’re now up to third. Another clean sheet and another goal from Odgaard.

Probably not a bad result, we were the better side and this should be the toughest fixture.

Would have wanted a win here, but at least Horsens don’t gain any ground on us. Three points ahead, two games to go.

Another good win and we still haven’t conceded a goal. Unfortunately, Horsens won their game so the gap is still 3 points and they have a better goal difference.

Another good result and that makes it the whole relegation stage without conceding a goal. We have managed to avoid relegation – the target set by the board.

I thought we must have been nearing a record…

Actually, I was wrong, there is a semi-final stage to the relegation playoff, I’m a professional honest. So, all that work is for nothing. But it is good to be going into this in good form.

Wasn’t our best performance but we came out with the result. Very poor from Thompson for the first goal, let’s hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us in the second leg.

Another win to take us into the playoff final, I must admit, I’m not sure what I’m playing off for.

We did well to get a draw in this game, Thompson made 4 really good saves that I thought for sure were goals, but they got though in the end. We have an away goal heading into the second leg though which might be important.

Comfortable result but it wasn’t a comfortable game. They had us on clear cut chances 2-0 but another set of impressive stops from Thompson kept them out.

And that brings an end to the season. So it turns out that I was playing off for safety! The two losers of the semi-final play a third place play off with the loser being relegated and the winner going into a relegation playoff with the team that finished 2nd in the first division. The loser of the final then plays the team that finished 3rd. Much better to avoid these playoffs all together.

Best 11 for the season, with a few of my signings in there which is good to see.

End of season awards, was surprised Odgaard didn't get player of the season, he came second behind Poulsen. He did get young player of the season and goal of the season. One of my signings, the young Cameroonian centre back, got signing of the season.

And with his heroics in front of goal in the relegation stage, Odgaard actually manages to finish as the Superliga top goalscorer with 20 goals.

And he makes it into the team of the season too.

Last edited:
Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2021/22 Season

(Preliminary Stage 1st half) - 1,439 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 112758

View attachment 112785

So, this season the board are looking for a top half finish. In order for me to do this they have given me a transfer budget of DKK 6m (~£690k) and an increase to the wage budget.

And it looks like the press think we’re good for a top half finish. I have to admit, I was aiming a little lower, at the top of the relegation stage and into the European places playoff.

I’ll start off with the transfers even if they went on into the season a bit.

Here’s a round-up of the window, we were quite active.

A young Brazilian winger came in to act as backup for Bassogog, and maybe out him one day, he’s never really got going for me.

A young Ivorian left back, he will actually go into the first team with Charlie Daniels (a very disappointing signing) dropping to backup.

I actually signed this guy by mistake, I wrote the wrong name down on my list of targets. He was cheap and will act as backup with fringe players on larger contracts leaving to free up more money.

A young Moroccan comes in as competition for Rygaard but in all honestly I think he is better than him already and is only going to improve, excited by this guy.

Another Moroccan comes in and again straight into the first team. Afkir can play both positions, just like Poulsen, so will give me the flexibility to swap them around when the ball winner picks up a yellow.

A harsh lesson here, never ever passionately well done at half time. We destroyed them first half they destroyed us second half. Really annoyed to lose that game.

What to do to get over a disappointing capitulation? Go out and smash your rivals in the next match. What a reaction from the boys. The badger got a goal from a corner to make it 3 goals in 2 games from set pieces, but it was on the break where we destroyed them. That’s 7 goals in 2 games now and none from last seasons’ top scorer Odgaard.

We’ve been extraordinarily unlucky in this game. Their first goal was a long shot that took a big deflection taking it away from Thompson. Then Bassogog manages to get himself sent off for a terrible two-footed challenge. Their final goal was a cross that bounced off the badger and found it’s way in. Two fluky goals and a red card, we were always up against it, but still dominated the possession with only 10 men.

Good to bounce back with a win, and it comes courtesy of a 30-yard free-kick from our right back (which was awarded goal of the month). Not much else happened in this game. Odgaards slow start to the season continues.

A little bit hard done by here again, but we are really struggling to put our chances away. Thompson made a few top class saves but dropped the ball into his own net for their third. Bassogog missed two brilliant chances and Lundberg missed a good one too. One positive though is that Odgaard got his first goal. This was the toughest fixture of the season so far though, so any points would have been a bonus.

A thumping win and it really could have been more. Poulsen reacted quickest after a spilled save to tap in the first, Derhem scored another free-kick, with the help of a deflection off the wall and Georges scored again from a set piece, clubs will be sniffing after him and Derhem before long I expect.

A missed opportunity for 3 points, our finishing was not good enough. We had 2 clear cut chances and 6 half chances and no-one could put them away. Odgaard still couldn’t hit a cow’s **** with a banjo. The closest we came is when our backup striker came on and hit the post.

Probably a fair result in the end, good to see Odgaard on the scoresheet again. We lost Lundberg for 3 months in this game and I have to say I have been disappointed with him so far this season. Afkir scored a screamer on the volley which went on to win goal of the month.

Not a perfect game, but a win and we’re into the next round. I would have preferred a bigger win and for Odgaard to score. El Hachimi pick up an injury that will keep him out for 3 weeks, luckily Rygaard is just about fit.

So, we made another signing, and we splurged a bit here. We brought in a right winger who really looks the business, he will fill in for Lundberg while he was out and will almost certainly replace him full stop.

Finally managed to convince the board to pay for me to study my national A licence.

Unbelievable, our new superstar winger picked up an injury building fitness in a reserve game and will be out for 5 weeks.

Well that was a fantastic result in a game I was very pessimistic about going into it. We were without Bassogog, Poulsen, El Hachimi, Lundberg and David, so we were heavily depleted. We came out of the blocks very strong and in the first 15 minutes Copenhagen didn’t know what hit them. They grew into the game as it went on an I thought we would go on to lose. We had to take Rygaard of at 60 minutes as that was all he was able for after coming back from injury so due to lack of players we had to change the shape to one defensive midfielder and 2 central midfielders. I also dropped back to counter and it kept them at bay, then we scored from a corner late on.

This was last season’s relegation playoff final, 9 games into this season it’s 3rd​ v 4th​. They were the better team, even before we had a man sent off after a stupid tackle by Poulsen, there was only one team in it then and Thompson kept it respectable.

Decent enough result against Midtjylland, who are a good team.

A little disappointed at this result but we were away from home. Esbjerg took the lead after Thompson dropped the ball. We had chances to win it late on but couldn’t quite manage it.

Two teams in poor form up against each other apparently, and the match started like two drunks going at in a pub car park. We sobered up midway through the first half and ended up leathering the other guy. Two goals for Odgaard and two for El Hachimi, hopefully Odgaard can find some form after this.

That brings us up to the halfway stage of the preliminary round and things are going well so far. We find ourselves in 5th​ place with 19 points from 13 games, 5 wins, 4 draws and 4 loses. This position nets us DKK 10.9m.

Last edited:
I figured out how to alter the size of the image thumbnails, imo it makes easier reading on a mobile. Hopefully, for people following, it is better than before.

(Preliminary Stage 2nd half) - 1,341 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 112097

View attachment 112096

Solid win to start of the second half of the preliminary stage. Another 30-yard free-kick from Derhem and 2 more goals for Odgaard.
Comprehensive dismantling of our rivals away from home, they hardly threatened us at all. He didn’t do much on his debut but David certainly introduced himself in the derby.
A solid win against a second division side with a heavily rotated team.
A great win this. Somehow the badger was the furthest man forwards on a breakaway to get our first and David bags us the 3 points with his 3rd​ goal in 3 games. On the down side we did lose El Hachimi for 5 weeks.

In between matches we lost Odgaard for 5 weeks, Zacho is just coming back to full fitness so this is his big chance. We also lost Nsangou-Sohna for 3 weeks and Jacobsen for 6 months.
The run had to end somewhere, but I am disappointed it ended here and in such limp fashion. We just didn’t threaten going forwards, neither did they but a wonder goal of a long shot went in. I guess we just don’t have the depth to deal with the current injury crisis.

David is now added to our injury list, out for 3 weeks. I’m a little concerned with that being his second injury already.
Our set piece game was strong in this match, and it is a good job too because we’re struggling from open play. The first goal came from a corner routine I’ve been working on, the first time I’ve tried, and it worked exactly how I planned it. We don’t have anyone to take a decent corner on the left, so Derhem takes it short to Poulsen who lays it back of to Derhem to whip in a cross, he put it on the badger’s head and he scored. The second was a penalty which came back of the post, there was a scramble and it came off one of their players last. The third goal was a lovely free-kick from Rygaard.
What a result this was, AaB hadn’t lost a match all season heading into this game. Not only did we beat them but we kept a clean sheet. Zacho managed to end a run of 27 games without a goal, good for him.
A thumping win against a good side. We are edging back towards a full-strength side, and also towards the winter break. Poulsen scored an absolute worldy in this game, which was goal of the month, that’s 3 this season.
A derby day win away from home. Zecho came off the bench after Odgaard picked up an injury. He scored 2 goals and got man of the match. Odgaard is out for 3 weeks, luckily, Zecho looks to be in form.
Despite his struggles to actually score a goal, Bassogog has broken an assist record, with plenty of the season left to go.
Has to go down as a good result away from home this. Poulsen celebrates a new 4 year contract with a top corner screamer. I thought we would go on to win it and we came close but just not to be.

We go into the winter break in 3rd​, 6 points above 4th​ 2 points behind 2nd​ who have a game in hand and 9 points behind 1st​ who also have a game in hand.
I’m obviously impressing the board as I was offered a 2-year extension on my contract, that would keep me here until June 2024, with a DKK 13k a week pay increase. After tax, I’m now on over £4k a week. For a mere DKK 24k a month I can rent an 8 bed villa in the Randers area, complete with home cinema (for watching match dvd’s of course). I’ve come a long way from the Danish house-share nightmare.
The badger makes it into the Danish team of the year (including foreign players), Odgaard named in the substitutes.
All national courses complete, I now move on to study for my continental c licence.
I decided to sell the badger, yes he has been a great player for us, but he was after ridiculous money for a new contract and his demands just kept going up, so I decided to sell him before his contract ran out and I got DKK 6m for him.

With the badger leaving and also our backup right back who wasn’t really a right back leaving I brought in 2 replacements…
The first is 22 year old Senegalese right back Mouhameth Sall, who I picked up for DKK 140k, he will act as backup for Derhem, I don’t see him outing him any time soon, but it is good to have a specialist back up at full back.
Really happy with this guy, not least because he is Welsh. Comes in from Bangor, who it looks have somehow managed to get themselves relegated, for only DKK 40k. This guy might just go straight into the first team.
I also sold Viktor Lundberg, and got DKK 5.25m for him! He had a decent rating so far but watching him play, he just lacks something I feel. Also he has already been replaced by David.
I decided to also bring in a more capable backup left back, I am not so sure Daniels is up to it. Aksel comes in as only my third Danish signing, I am looking to keep an eye on the number of home grown players. It’s nowhere near an issue at the moment, but best to keep an eye on it.
I also decided to bring in stronger competition for Odgaard, and I think we should have that in El Amrani. He also has the potential to be better than Odgaard.
A solid set of mid-season friendlies, no defeats and the fitness of the first team is very good. Someone at the club booked a training camp in Spain, personally I wouldn’t have done that but the whole squad looks fit, not sure if it is coincidence. In that last resounding win, our new striker scored 4 goals, look out Odgaard.
First competitive game back and a good solid win. In all honesty, it felt rather easy. Debuts for Bruce and El Amrani. El Amrani had missed 2 sitters badly and had another good chance saved, what a debut it could have been for him. Markus Bay bless him, must have forgotten he doesn't play for us anymore.
With that win we qualify for the championship group with 3 games to go.
Disappointing draw, at this stage I am starting to look up towards the top of the table, and this is a missed opportunity to gain a little ground. El Amrani came off the bench to score his first goal for the club, but we lost El Hachimi for 4 months with a broken foot.
Glad to get a win, we’re not as threatening due to an enforced tactical change. Both of our attacking midfielders are injured so we are playing with two central midfielders and a defensive midfielder.
Same formation but with a bit more of a rotated side, we get the win to take us into the quarter finals and meet our board expectations.
A disappointing draw in the final game of the preliminary stage sees us concede 2nd​ place to Copenhagen. More frustrating that it was a penalty that did it, which was the only shot on target they had in the first half. On the positive side we were able to revert back to our familiar formation with Rygaard able for 60 minutes. Also glad for Bassogog to get a goal, finishing his chances has been the main thing missing from his game, aside from that he has been in great form this season.
As mentioned above we just lost 2nd​ place at the last. But go into the championship group in 3rd​ place, 1 point of 2nd​ and 8 points off top.

(Championship Stage) - 1,268 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 112066

View attachment 112065

A HUGE blow going into the championship group, Thompson, who has been such an important player for us, will miss most of it. I feel that any title hopes may have gone with this news. It’s been a terrible season for injuries.

View attachment 112064
We were the better side but we just couldn’t hit the target. We did have a shot cleared of the line and hit the post. A fine goalkeeping display from our young goalkeeper who is stepping in to cover for Thompson.

View attachment 112063
I took a risk by heavily rotating the side again for the cup game, but we managed to get through to the next round courtesy of a Mohamed El Amrani goal. Some more smart stops from Hansen.

View attachment 112062

We didn’t play well here, but we managed to get the win, as the old football cliché goes, it’s the sign of a good team. El Amrani came off the bench to score a special goal to win it. We were help by a missed penalty following a moment of madness from our captain Poulsen.

View attachment 112061
Harshly punished for poor finishing, we had good chances but couldn’t finish, Bassogog’s finishing is just awful, I have him working on his finishing now. Copenhagen didn’t have any decent chances according to the stats but won 2-0.

View attachment 112060
A great win here to bounce back. Horsens really didn’t know what hit them with 4 goals in the opening 25 minutes. But the star man for me was our young ‘keeper Hansen. He pulled off some incredible saves, and two absolute world class saves from point blank range. He ended the game on an 8 rating! Thompson won’t be walking back into the team that’s for sure.

View attachment 112058
A good efficient performance. Another clean sheet for Hansen and two more goals for Odgaard. Thompson was on the bench but I have decided, for the rest of the season at least, that the goalkeepers position is Hansen’s to lose. The win keeps the pressure on the top two who we are 2 and 5 points behind with 5 games to go.

View attachment 112056
A disappointing performance, we never really threatened Copenhagen and we are knocked out of the Danish cup in the semi-final. Still, we exceeded the boards expectations of reaching the quarter final.

View attachment 112055
A familiar scoreline just days later. We were at home this time and we were more of a threat. However, we just couldn’t finish a move off, and Copenhagen jus had that little bit more quality. This might just have ended our slim title hopes, we certainly won’t be helped by Odgaard missing the next game. We’re 5 points of 2nd​ and 7 points of 1st​ who we have a game in hand on, next up is second placed AaB, which is a must win game.

View attachment 112054
These games are the hardest in the division, and I feel we just don’t quite have the quality to match the very top teams. I also feel we have really missed El Hachimi since his injury, Rygaard is too careless on the ball. That’s 3 loses in a row now. I think we will just concentrate on finishing as high as we can, and trying to beat the record points total of 66 points (currently on 59 points). Who knows maybe one of the teams ahead of us will blow it.

View attachment 112053
Poulsen’s been a bit naughty this season.

View attachment 112052
Blood awful performance. Luckily El Amrani bailed us out with another screamer but we really didn’t look threatening at all. Now we can only match the record points total, not break it.

View attachment 112051
A fairly routine win and needed too to stop the rot. A long range shot from the edge of the area from David and another belter of a free kick from Derhem.

View attachment 112059
With 3rd​ gaurnteed regardless of the result and no records to play for I rotated the team and gave debuts to 2 promising youth players. The game ended as a draw but their second goal should never have stood, Poulsen was fouled in the build-up.

View attachment 112049
We finished the season in 3rd​ place, 3 places above our media prediction. This meant we went straight into the Europa league group stage.

View attachment 112048
Three of our players, all defenders, made it into the team of the season, although one of the players has moved on.

View attachment 112047
Much higher average ratings on the best 11 this season.

View attachment 112046
Poulsen wins player of the season by a mile this season, despite spending a not inconsiderable amount of time suspended. Derhem got goal of the season for one of his long range free kicks. El Hechimi got signing of the season. We really missed him at the end of the season when he was injured, he also got young player of the seaon.

Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2022/23 Season

(Preliminary Stage 1st half) - 1,145 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 112013

Most of our signings this season have been young players for the future, that maybe in a few years will be in and around the first team squad and will qualify as home grown. Two players that came in who are worth mentioning are…

A young Moroccan left back who comes in young enough to count as home grown by the time he is 21 (I think).

A Danish centre back to replace an outgoing backup, not as good as him, on almost twice the wages.

This season the media have us down to finish 1 higher than their prediction last season. After the last season, even with Europe, I would be disappointed to not to be in the top 3.

This is unfortunate. No Danish teams will go directly into the group stages of European competitions in the future.

New average attendance record for the season just gone.

Clean sweep in the friendlies, looking very good. We played some decent teams and battered them all. We didn’t pick up any injuries so we are looking good going into the season.

Fantastic start to the season, a win away at AaB, and a goal and an assist from Odgaard.

A disgraceful result against newly promoted Vejle, we didn’t look likely to break them down and two long shots found their way in. Any more of that and Thompson will find himself out of the team again.

Nice win to bounce back, another goal from Bassogog. Not sure whether to pat myself on the back for the extra finishing training we’ve been doing or if last season was just an unlucky one in front of goal for him. I wasn’t completely convinced by Thompson again this game, conceded at his near post (although our stand-in right back could have done more), he gets another game though.

A very good 3-0 win away to get us back on track after the disappointment of the last game.

A very routine win away from home. We never really had to make our way up the gears to win the game which is pleasing.

A disappointing result. Giving away a penalty and Thompson getting beaten at his near post again.

Terrible result, not sure we had a highlight with a shot on target. We gave ourselves a tough job to do by giving away a penalty for the second game running.

As a fourth seed I think that is a decent enough draw, let’s see how we get on.

Fantastic reaction, we absolutely destroyed Copenhagen in this game.

Could have been much more comfortable but we got the win. Odgaard, chipped a penalty into the ‘keepers arms, and David had a great chance that was well saved.

A fantastic result this, in what is on paper the toughest game of the group, away to the top seed. We matched them and were good value for our lead.

A European hangover? We were dire in this game. We never really challenged and it was way too easy for them to get through our defence.

Could have got more from this but our finishing wasn’t there, to be fair, our all-around game wasn’t at its peak.

Boooring. Our finishing was poor again today.

I would have hoped to have won this game but PAOK did beat Fiorentina in their last game.

Frustrating game again, we just aren’t putting our chances away. This makes it 5 games without a win in all competitions and no goals in the last 3 games. I am now strongly considering bringing in a striker to replace Odgaard.

Despite our terrible form, we still find ourselves in 3rd​ position, oh what could have been.

Last edited:

(Preliminary Stage 2nd half) - 974 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 111710

View attachment 111709
A simply awesome result. We absolutely blew AaB away in this match. David was on fire, 2 goals and 2 assists, Odgaard weren’t bad either with the same return but David was a deserving man of the match. One of David’s goals was goal of the month, must be in with a shout for goal of the season.

View attachment 111708
A fantastic result, it seems we love a big European away day. We got a bit lucky with our goal, Bassogog cut inside and his shot took a deflection off Odgaard to put us 1-0 up. But there was nothing lucky about our defending…

View attachment 111706
I celebrate that fantastic result with another training course.

View attachment 111705
A very good win. We dominated the game and prevented OB from getting a shot on target. David was in great form again and Odgaard shined in another goal. I have signed a new striker and attacking midfielder to strengthen the side when things weren’t going well, however they will not be joining until January, although the striker may not be needed.

View attachment 111704
Another fantastic European night for Randers. David got us off to a great start with a wicked assist for Georges, 3 minutes later Bassogog doubles our lead, all inside of 10 minutes. For the remainder of the game we kept out Fiorentina well. This game also set a new record for a gate receipt high – DKK 2.4m (previous DKK 2.3m).

View attachment 111703
Another good win and another clean sheet, that’s 3 games without conceding, and only 4 goals conceded in the last 10 games. Another goal from Bassogog, his 5th​ of the season, his finishing has really improved this season.

View attachment 111702
Another record for the CV, this time it’s Randers consecutive win record.

View attachment 111701
We were without Bassogog and Odgaard in this match and were made to fight a little more than usual for a win. El Amrani stepped up to score a goal, and Kouassi coolly tucked away his first of the season from the penalty spot.

View attachment 111700
Another routine win in the Europa league, another goal for El Amrani, and a Derhem special from a free-kick. This result sees us qualify top of our group, with a game spare.

View attachment 111699
We were forced into playing a heavily rotated side for this match. Georges and Bruce were too tired to start this match, Afkir picked up a 5 week injury in training and Poulsen is injured and Odgaard is still out. All that means a second string central defence, deep midfield and striker, with one of the young midfielders signed this summer coming in for a debut in midfield. Even with all those changes we still managed to pick up 3 points. It wasn’t the prettiest win of the season but another goal from El Amrani scores again to extend our lead at the top of the table.

View attachment 111697
A feisty derby and an easy win. It’s now 4 in 4 for El Amrani, it seems easy to score with David laying them on a plate for you. It’s now 10 wins on the bounce according to the achievement that just came through.

I just had the vote for Danish Superliga Autumn player of the year and 8/16 of the players were Randers players.

View attachment 111696
We lost Thompson in the run up to the game and it really hurt us. We brought Hansen in to cover for him and he should have done better for the 1st​ and 3rd​ goal, particularly the 1st​. Bassogog scored a great goal nutmegging their ‘keeper. The run is over, time to dust ourselves off and go again.

View attachment 111695
We were sucker punched again in this game, I’m looking forward to Thompson coming back this time.

View attachment 111694
Had to get a picture of this, we only took 40 fans with us to Greece but some legend snuck in a few flairs. Not a single **** was given, by him or the stewards apparently.

View attachment 111693
A pathetic performance. We’re in danger of going on a run of bad form. Poulsen gave away a penalty, and we just could not score and never looked like we would. Odgaard has been terrible in the last two games he’s been back.

View attachment 111692
So, there is a manager of the season award, and this year I have won it. This is the first award I have won in my career.

With the window open over the winter break my two new signings arrive…

View attachment 111690
I’m really excited about this guy, a big upgrade on El Hachimi, who is not a bad player. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

View attachment 111689
Jensen comes in to hopefully provide stiffer competition to Odgaard, although El Amrani did step up when he played, but last few games Odgaard didn’t look good at all. Jensen’s goal record isn’t the best but I am hoping I can get more out of him.

View attachment 111688
Unfortunately Braga matched the release clause for Kouassi, who has become a really important player. I will promote Khairi to first choice for the remainder of the season as my coaching staff think he is ready for first team football.

View attachment 111687
With a new striker coming in I let El Amrani go out on loan to get more game time than he would here, see what he can achieve.

View attachment 111686
Luis Gustavo would not sign a new deal, AGF came in and he decided to leave, not much I can do. With Paulo Cesar not far off ousting Bassogog already, he was going to find his game time limited, so this is not the end of the world.

View attachment 111684
We had another training camp, this time I was able to choose where. We went to the Algarve. The friendlies were pretty standard. No loses and no long term injuries.

View attachment 111683
Afkir managed to pull us back to a draw and get us our second away goal heading back to our place for the second leg. We’re in a good position.

View attachment 111682
This game was a story of penalties, Odgaard missed one in the first half and it really affected his game. I subbed him at half time and we managed to pull it back to 2-2 late on again, this time from El Hechimi. We took it to a penalty shootout, both takers missed their first penalties, eventually we lost with Georges penalty being saved. This was a tough tie and we’ve done well, certainly not embarrassed ourselves. Due to a bit of a balls-up with the squad registration and an injury to Derhem, we played a youth right back, who had a tough game.

View attachment 111681
A very good win to help get over the disappointment of getting knocked out of the Europa league. Two first goals for the club today. The first for N’Diaye, and a lovely goal it was, fantastic first touch and turn to take their defence out of the game and a top corner finish. Paulo Cesar got is first too with a cheeky close range finish.

View attachment 111679
And with that result we qualify for the championship group with 4 games to go.

View attachment 111678
David breaks Bassogog’s assist record from last season, there is still plenty of games left for him to get a few more.

View attachment 111677
A disappointing result and we were quite lucky to get a draw. Odgaard started and was poor. They scored in the first minute after a mistake from Georges Nsangou-Sohna, who has also gone off the boil recently. Paulo Cesar came off the bench to rescue a draw, winning the man of the match for the second game in a row.

View attachment 111676
We were poor for most of this game, but after the hour things clicked. Jensen got his first two league goals for the club which should give him a confidence boost. Third straight man of the match for Paulo Cesar who is making the left wing his own.

View attachment 111675
Disappointing we weren’t able to break down Brondby at home, but we didn’t lose any ground to Kobenhavn.

View attachment 111674
And with that clean sheet, we broke another record, this time for clean sheets.

View attachment 111673
An easy win with a very rotated side, when injuries are taken into account.

View attachment 111672
A fine win to end the preliminary stage, no goal from Odgaard but a resounding win nonetheless.

View attachment 111670
That win extends our lead at the top of the table due to Kobenhavn drawing their game.

View attachment 111668
Unfortunately, going into the championship stage, we have a considerable injury list. We will be without 3 first team players for at least 3 weeks.

(Championship Stage) - 904 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 111307
View attachment 111306
Decent result, but disappointing performance. We lost it late as we weren’t able to hold on. Odgaard managed to end an 11-hour goal drought, but we lost Isaque David for 9 weeks – the rest of the season.

View attachment 111305
Awful performance see us out of the cup. We lost Khairi in the build up to the game, out for a week, so Charlie Daniels played left back and struggled. Odgaard had a poor game, as did Bassogog, those two are out of form, but our new striker is not much better. I have another striker I have my eye on as Jensen may not make the cut here.

View attachment 111304
So frustrating, we are in serious danger of bottling it. We gave away two penalties in this game, one from Georges, who played so badly he had to come off, and one from N’Diaye, who is being forced to play wide right due to injuries. We are really struggling to create much without David, and Bassogog is unrecognisable he is so out of form but has to play because Cesar is inured. AaB have now gone top, we have a game in hand but they have 2 better goal difference.

View attachment 111303
We needed a performance in this game and step up Ahmed Derhem. N’Diaye at right wing didn’t work, so I did what I should have done as soon as David was injured, move Derhem to right wing. After a slow start Derhem decided to grab the game by the bollocks, 2 goals and 2 assists for Odgaard, sends us back top and gives us an 8-goal swing in the goal difference.

View attachment 111302
A good win, could have been so much more comfortable but we were wayward with our shooting. We are close to full strength now, only David and Cesar on either wing are out and there isn’t much between Cesar and Bassogog who is inching his way back to form. Or was, he is out for 10 days. Khairi, who returned today will be suspended next match for picking up too many yellows. It’s never ending. However, this was our game in hand so we are now 3 points clear at the top.

View attachment 111301
Really frustrating dropping points here, 20 shots, 1 on target is not good enough, but it’s happened too much recently. Our lead is now down to 1 point.

View attachment 111300
Not the worst result ever, I thought we could have got more out of it but we are still top.

View attachment 111299
Well this just happened, I have been saying to myself that this is the only job I would leave for in Denmark.

View attachment 111298
A good win, 2 goals for Odgaard and one for Bassogog, it took a while but our finishing was much better than some recent matches.

View attachment 111297
Legend. With that game Poulsen goes on to set record for number of appearances for the club.

View attachment 111296
Just couldn’t quite finish it off today, we were the better side, but we don’t lose any ground with this result, but we missed a chance to put ourselves in a really commanding position.

View attachment 111295
I missed out on the Kobenhavn job, I am almost certain this is because I said I wouldn’t take it until the end of the season. I wanted to see out this title challenge. I hope I don’t live to regret that.

View attachment 111294
Poulsen lost us this match, no question about it. Sent off for a crazy tackle 4 minutes into the game. It’s so frustrating, if we would have won that, we would have won the league. Luckily Kobenhavn beat Aab, so we still have the lead, but we have to win our next game.

View attachment 111293
Unbelievable, we have lost the title on the last day of the season. Their only shot, a long hopeful one went in, and we hit the bar twice and just couldn’t find the back of the net. It feels horrific. The last game. We have just not been good enough for a while now and it is a cruel end to the season. If we can hold on to our best players then maybe we can go again next season but the vultures are circling, and I essentially turned down the best job in Denmark for nothing.

View attachment 111292
There is the final table for confirmation, we at least get a shot at the champions league next season, but it’s scant consolation.

View attachment 111291
Isaque David picked up the Spring player of the year, if only we had him for the championship stage.

View attachment 111290
Five players in the team of the season, hopefully we can hold on to them all, David and Georges are unhappy that I will only sell them for their minimum release clauses.

View attachment 111289
Few surprises in the best 11 for the seasons, aside from there being 3 defensive midfielders it.

View attachment 111288
Poulsen wins player of the season again, obviously, the fans find it easier to forgive him for throwing away the title than I do. Khairi gets signing of the season, I look forward to seeing how he gets on next season, and Afkir gets young player of the season, a bit old for that award at 24 if you ask me.

Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2023/24 Season

(Preliminary Stage 1st half) - 774 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 111180
View attachment 111179
It’s getting even harder to get in the champions league. Only the champion will go into the competition, and will still have to navigate two qualifying rounds.

View attachment 111178
Jensen was a flop and Odgaard can blow hot and cold, so I have brought this lad in to take over up top. This will also see me change from deep-lying-forward attack to complete forward attack.

View attachment 111177
The record average attendance was broken for a second consecutive season, it was smashed in fact. That isn’t far off the capacity of the ground, almost expansion time.

View attachment 111176
Last season showed us up as short of depth at right wing, so I have brought in a young player a bit closer to challenging David.

View attachment 111175
We were in the market for a backup goalkeeper and this guy’s agent offered him to me. He is probably better than Thompson already, and has considerable potential to improve, unlike Thompson.

View attachment 111174
Celtic were willing to match Bruce’s release fee. I’m gutted to see him go, but I’m sure he will go on to big things, he improved so much whilst with me.

View attachment 111173
Risvanis comes in as Bruce’s replacement, aside from physicals he is better than Bruce, hopefully he can step up to fill the void.

View attachment 111172
Really disappointed with this, it was unexpected too. Oliver just would not sign a new contract. He was developing really well and was not far off fighting his way into the first team this season. But he has gone, and it is back to France and to a big team too so I don’t blame him. It’s just that deep lying defensive midfielders in the defensive midfielder slot aren’t easy to come by.

View attachment 111171
Targets for the season: after last season anything other than winning the title would be a disappointment. I’d like to make the Danish Cup final this season and the group stage of the champions league. But I won’t be telling the board that.

View attachment 111170
A solid set of friendlies, only new boy Dallo is injured but is coming back to fitness, although he did miss the entire preseason.

View attachment 111169
The board have now agreed to let me study for a Continental A licence, almost at the top of the tree.

View attachment 111168
View attachment 111167
The club’s bank balance was looking very healthy given the large amount of prize money I have been raking in, along with large transfer profits in the last few windows. The balance was over DKK 100m. I decided to request to the board to improve the youth and training facilities. The club seems capable of producing a decent number of players capable of playing in the Superliga, but there is no reason to not to improve the facilities, and leave the club in a better state than I found it.

View attachment 111166
Mustapha Khaïri, Mamadou N'Diaye, Rayane El Hachimi and Lamine Pouye were away at the Olympics and missed this match. This allowed a debut for an extremely promising product of our youth academy who got an assist from attacking midfield. This is a good result to start the season, Odgaard staking a claim for his spot which he will keep for now. Also, a debut goal for Risvanis who looked deadly from set plays.

View attachment 111165
I have loaned Jensen out to Zaragoza, who have the option to buy him for DKK 4m, I haven’t been impressed but might keep him around if he can score goals in La Liga.

View attachment 111164
Odgaard wins player of the month to keep Pouye on the bench for now. Ahmed Derhem gets second best player.

View attachment 111163
We dominated Besiktas and should have beaten them comfortably. Disappointed to concede the away goal but I feel that we can score one too.

View attachment 111162
A new gate receipt record.

View attachment 111161
A great win with 5 away on international duty, a goal and 2 assists from David to give him man of the match, unfortunately the Krasnodar manager was there to watch him.

View attachment 111160
A great goal from Bassogog gives us another win to send us through to the next qualifying round.

View attachment 111159
Well that couldn’t have gone any worse.

View attachment 111158
A good win against a title rival, another goal from Risvanis, and a first for the club for Pouye who came off the bench to fill in on the right wing.

View attachment 111157
Kauko wanted to leave and he was on pretty high wages and didn’t play that much so I let him go.

View attachment 111156
And to replace him comes a young Danish player on less than half his wages, as good as him at only 20.

View attachment 111155
We were completely mugged off in this game, not much more to say about it.

View attachment 111154
Really disappointing result, but it is our own fault. A really unlucky own goal to concede, but we should have scored more.

View attachment 111152
Showed absolutely nothing in this match, nothing at all. If it wasn’t for Thompson then it could have been ugly.

View attachment 111150
Unsurprisingly we set another gate record with that match.

View attachment 111149
Took us a while to get going but David took the game by the scruff of the neck and won it for us with 2 goals and an assist. Pouye played well with a goal and an assist too.

View attachment 111153
Pretty much the same as the last match against Utd., but this time Rashford came on and destroyed us. I thought we were out as soon as I saw the draw. Back into the Europa league with us.

View attachment 111148
Krasnodar finally matched the release clause for David, I wish they could have done this earlier in the window.

View attachment 111147
In the transfer saga of the window N’Diaye finally decides on joining Barcelona, turning down Real Madrid.

View attachment 111146
A well-earned player of the of the month for Risvanis, what a revelation he’s been.

View attachment 111145
This is the player we have brought in with the daunting task of replacing Isaque David. At DKK 15m he is the club’s record signing, but that is less than half the fee we received for David and he is on almost half the wages.

View attachment 111144
Jesus H. Christ, that is a champions league group not a Europa league group, I don’t see us finishing anything other than bottom of that.

View attachment 111143
With all the money coming into the club in the window I decided to put some of it towards expanding the stadium.

View attachment 111142
When I was looking at the stadium I noticed we didn’t own it, so I asked the chairman about buying it and he is looking into it.

View attachment 111141
I have no idea what was going on in this game, we should have blown them away. We had a penalty saved and shortly after, a world class triple save from 3 clear cut chance in a row. We finally took the lead through Risvanis from heading in from a free kick, after a rash decision from their ‘keeper to come out for the ball. We finished the match with 5 clear cut chance, without scoring from any, and hit the post twice.

View attachment 111140
Terrible result, we gave away two poor goals then Poulsen went in with a stupid tackle. He does this far too often, I am losing patience with him.

View attachment 111139
Harsh result, and a disappointing one, we needed to be picking up points here if we wanted to progress. I think we scored too early and couldn’t hold on but it was shambolic defending and misfortune, coupled with an unconvincing debut from the new ‘keeper that gave them the game. The ball hit Derhem and trickled under the ‘keeper for their first. Their second, Murphy pushed it in the back of the net rather than wide. Their third was a goal line clearance that hit their player and went in, the fourth was from our corner, 3 of our defenders went chasing the short option, leaving all the time in the world for their player to score an easy goal. Shambles, but the game was over by then, we need to beat Everton at home and beat Zenit home and away.

View attachment 111138
Terrible performance but we mugged Esbjerg and got the result. We had to go defensive and waste time for the last 10 minutes and were under the cosh a bit but we held out. We could have had no complaints if it ended a draw, or even a loss, but El Amrani off the bench got the all important goal. That result moves us back top of the league as Kobenhavn lost.

View attachment 111137
No fluking this, we put them under pressure from the kick off but were struggling to get through them. Eventually the pressure told and they gave away a penalty. They went down to 10 men not long after and it was even more comfortable after that. First game where new boy on the right looked like he could contribute anything. He’s been hauled off every game he’s played so far on a 6.5 rating max. Hopefully he will get used to the right wing roll and we can train some preferred moves into him to getting playing like David used to.

View attachment 111136
Disappointing result. We were the better team first half but couldn’t take advantage. Second half they came out better and scored from a corner. We pulled level and our new winger got his first assist. However, they scored a clever goal from a free kick late in the game. But with this Kobenhavn rob us of the top spot.

View attachment 111135
Another disappointing loss, this is the easiest game of the group on paper and losing here is the end the competition for us.

View attachment 111134
Here we go, road to the sack. Our Europa league woes are carrying on into the league. To be fair we were very unlucky, 6 half chances, 3 clear cut chances, hit the post once, they nicked it late on. The morale of the team is rock bottom.

View attachment 111133
So, we finish the first half of the preliminary stage in 3rd​, we’re in poor overall form and we have 4 games in the Europa league to suck any morale we can muster out of the team.

Randers FC - Danish Superliga - 2023/24 Season

(Preliminary Stage 2nd half) - 607 until Danish Citizenship

View attachment 111014
View attachment 111013
Well we bounced back here, hopefully this is the awakening of Pouye, who bagged a hat-trick today. This and the last game he looked head and shoulders above everyone else, I think we might have a real player on our hands. I must admit that when they scored I was working out my resignation letter, but we’re now top of the league again. It’s amazing how this game makes you so bi-polar.

View attachment 111012
Blown away by Bayern, but hardly surprised. Glad to score a goal to be honest.

View attachment 111011
Grrrr, Poulsen again. He just makes these mad tackles out of nowhere, with no reason. I think I’m done, he needs to be replaced.

View attachment 111010
Well we’re out, I wish we could just stop playing now. This result was harsh, we had really good chances to win it, but in the end their quality was just too much.

View attachment 111009
We lost Pouye early in the match and after that never really looked threatening, Brondby have improved this season so probably not a terrible result.

View attachment 111008
Just want to move on from this, they owe us after we battered them a few times last season, but to be fair they did win the title.

View attachment 111007
So, we turned up for our bi-weekly beating, and Everton obliged us. To be fair we matched them and could easily have got a win, a draw would have been a fair result.

View attachment 111006
A nice comfortable win here, El Amrani starts with Odgaard struggling for form and Pouye still out injured. He got himself a goal and Hvilsom put the game to bed from a corner.

View attachment 111005
No idea what happened. In a game we should have won easily we were hammered. We had good chanced but missed them they didn’t have a single even halfway decent chance and they scored 3. I guess it is just one of those results but there have been too many of these this season.

View attachment 111004
Punished again for more missed chances.

View attachment 111003
Not a bad performance, but we didn’t threaten much going forward. We were the better team though. At least we finish with a point, restoring some pride at least.

View attachment 111002
Glad it is over, we finish rock bottom with no wins but we got a point at least. With this now over I hope to try and get a run together in the league.

View attachment 111001
Another loss, this time to a title rival, although at this early stage I think we are out of the title race realistically.

View attachment 111000
I came third in the manager of the year award. At this moment in time it doesn’t feel like I deserve to be on the list.

View attachment 110999
Our young prospect who has been acting as back up in the advanced playmaker role wins the U17 talent of the year, he looks a real good prospect.

View attachment 110998
Risvanis gets the players player of the year…

View attachment 110997
…and the media player of the year…

View attachment 110996
…and runner-up in the autumn player of the year. Not a bad signing.

The window opens and I will bring in a few players to strengthen the squad to hopefully turn things around.

View attachment 110995
A back-up left back to provide stiffer competition for Khairi than Smith-Petersen, who I will look to ship out.

View attachment 110994
This is really the replacement for N’Diaye, who I did not replace to give El Hachimi a chance to claim the place. He hasn’t impressed, and so I have brought in Galal.

View attachment 110993
Given the success of our last Greek I have brought in another. Nikos comes in to replace Poulsen, I have had enough of his red cards.

View attachment 110992
With Barcelona and Real Madrid both in for Pouye it seems inevitable that he will leave. He replacement is Anthony Gerard, who comes in for more than 10 times the price and on more than 10 times the wages. He comes with a decent scoring record in Ligue 2, let’s hope he can be more effective than Pouye.

View attachment 110991
And here is the confirmation, Pouye goes to join N’Diaye at Barcelona.

View attachment 110990
Jensen has now made enough appearances for Zaragoza that he signs for them permanently for DKK 4m, I don’t think he will be a big loss.

Friendlies…

View attachment 110989

I may have left the UK, but being raised in UK the culture of the country has left an indelible mark upon me. When things aren’t going well, and the weather is *****, there’s only one thing for it…

View attachment 110988
View attachment 110978
More friendlies.

View attachment 110987
View attachment 110986
He’s never completely convinced me and every big team in England are after him. I let Murphy go after the window shut so we have until the summer to replace him. It was City that finally sealed the deal, but Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd., Arsenal and Spurs were all for him.

View attachment 110985
Back to business and Gerrard scores in the 4th​ minute of his debut. A good performance from their ‘keeper kept the score to 1-0, more of the same please lads.

View attachment 110984
I put out an unchanged side 3 days later against Lyngby at home again. Gerrard and Galal link up with Paulo Cesar in a sumptuous first goal. Gerrard then goes on to grab his second in as many games. Lyngby are having a great season and we leapfrog them into 3rd​ with this result.

View attachment 110983
More dropped points, we had so many chances including a penalty but we couldn’t take them. We also had a man advantage for most of the game but we have to settle for a point.

View attachment 110982
I played a full-strength side in the cup as I wanted to make the final to try put some shine on what is shaping up to be a poor season. They took us all the way to penalties thanks in part to a mistake from Thompson, but mostly poor finishing again. Only the league to concentrate on now but we’re 11 points off top, sitting in 4th​ place with 12 games left.

View attachment 110981
A nice win on the face of it but all the goals came from set plays, we just don’t look like finishing from open play this season.

View attachment 110980
A gutting result, but probably fair. I thought we were going to win it, and we would have but for an unlucky deflection. An eventful 100th​ game for Nsangou-Sohna.

View attachment 110979
So there it is, we go into the Championship Group in 3rd​ place, 8 points behind Kobenhavn in 2nd​ place and 13 points behind Midtjylland, who are going like an absolute steam train. Realistically we aren’t going to win the league and will probably do well to keep hold of 3rd​ place. If we are to win the league we will need to beat Midtjylland home and away, and even then, we can’t afford to lose a single game, on top of that Midtjylland would have to bottle it. Then there is Kobenhavn also above us who we would have to at least beat home and away and hope they slip up in another game. Just not going to happen.