• "Interesting" Premier League club

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So this year I was a lot more active than the year before on this website, and I fully intend to keep that going as FM17 comes out soon. One of the issues I encountered was that I just started threads every now and then and just got bored really easily and didn't really stick to any of the ideas that I started on here, apart from my FIFA World League (which I'm thinking about continuing for the next FM by the way) and The King of Rome.
To fix that, I'd like to ask you guys a question: which team would you like me to make a long-term save with next year? I've got a couple of clubs in mind and those clubs will be in the poll but if you have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know :) below I'll just put a quick description of what I want to do with those story ideas:

1. AFC Wimbledon: they were promoted from League 2 last season and are now competing directly with their arch rivals MK Dons in League 1. Considering they are most fan-owned (I think), it would be an amazing story if I could take them to Premier League and Champions League glory! This would be a long term save.

2. SD Eibar: the club with the smallest stadium in La Liga in a very pretty place in Spain, right next to the French border. I currently have a save with them that I play every now and then on FM16 because I thought it would be amazing to take the team with the smallest stadium in the league to become one of the best teams in Europe. This would also be a long term save.

3. Legend takes over a club: same idea as my The King of Rome story, except we could take any other footballing legend and make them into a manager and basically build up their road to managing the club they are a legend at. Another long term save and probably something that would be more interesting for me to do as I love making the graphics for those kind of saves.

4. Parma: having just been promoted to the Serie C, it would be a huge challenge to take them back to the Serie A and get them back on top if Italian football where they were in the 90s.

5. Any interesting Premier League team: when I say interesting I mean no one from the top 8 for example, as that would be kind of easy but a team that has the potential to shock the league, or could in the future. Leicester amazed everyone last season and it would be great to replicate what they did in FM17 but with another team.

6 - Other: do you have any suggestions? I listed my ideas above and all of them seem quite exciting to me but if you think you want to see something else from me, then feel free to tell me!

Last edited:
Also, I'm leaving the poll open for about a week so that when it ends I'll have time before I get FM17 to start the thread and introduce the save! :)

Definitely Parma, gonna be such a challenge to get a team like that back to where they once were, you could become a Legend in Parma that way!

I voted Eibar, sounds interesting and challenging. Defeat the big boys in Spain. But all long term saves are interesting!

Thanks to the 45 of you who have already voted so far! After about a day now, it seems like Parma is winning the poll :) other than Parma, is there any other challenge you think would be interesting for me to do in the next FM?

I was first the voter. I voted Parma. I check back after like 20 votes and it was not winning. I was dissapoint. Now people have come to their senses. I am pleased.

personally I feel a legend one is ideal due to your totti one! Parma is a great idea also how about using a bit of both in that aspect ? someone like Thuram or Cannavarro ?

i reckon a parma save similar to king of rome story would be epic,especially use an old club legend like sensini,veron,crespo,chiesa or appolloni.

Last edited:
personally I feel a legend one is ideal due to your totti one! Parma is a great idea also how about using a bit of both in that aspect ? someone like Thuram or Cannavarro ?

i reckon a parma save similar to king of rome story would be epic,especially use an old club legend like sensini,veron,crespo,chiesa or appolloni.
You both read my mind! I was thinking of doing just that :) With Cannavaro already being a manager as well it'd be interesting to do that with him but being French, Thuram would be a great shout too!

Alright so I think that with the poll ending in a bit over an hour, it's safe to say that Parma have won the poll by a massive 11 votes! Thanks to all of you for voting and I'm really excited about this FM17 save which I'll start as soon as the beta comes out :) seeing as some of you also said it'd be a nice idea to manage Parma as a club legend, I think I'll do that but you'll only find out who's taking over when the first post for this story comes out ;)

Cannot wait for this already ! definately made a great decision, will be interesting because cannavarro could take over italy, thuram - france, crespo - argentina eventually would be deeply interesting! buzzing already lol.