Carlito1085

Reaction score
[FM17] UEFA Revival 3.2 (Now with the AFC Champions League) *Fixes Inside* 03/07/2017

View attachment 100283

Hi all!

This is a file that I've been plugging away at, on and off, dating back to Football Manager 2013. It originally started out as a throwback to the 1999-2003 format of the UEFA Champions League which contained 2 group stages, and has since progressed into a full structure where I've managed to find room to bring back the UEFA Intertoto Cup. Additionally there are now 6 separate files so you can choose whether you'd like to use the UEFA Europa League or revert back to the UEFA Cup, along with the option for the inclusion of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.

Additionally, the AFC Champions League has been added as an extra option, and uses the same 2 group stage format as the UEFA Champions League in this file. The AFC Cup is not a part of this file however. That may change in the future though if people would like to see it added.

View attachment 100282View attachment 99411View attachment 100281View attachment 100280View attachment 100279View attachment 100278View attachment 89897View attachment 89896

**UPDATES**

03/07/2017

- Fixed all remaining fixture clashes in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup matches now take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup First Round now begins in September, with the following rounds taking place every 2 months
- Thanks to krlenjushka on the SI forums, Squad Registration dates are now working and are now in place for the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup & UEFA Cup Winners' Cup competitions
- Draw dates added for any missing rounds where required in all competitions
- Corrected an error in the rules page in the UEFA Champions League

18/04/2017

- Corrected an error in the UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round rules, which states that the winners qualify for the UEFA Cup/Europa League
- Added stage names for the UEFA Intertoto Cup Second Round, and UEFA Europa League First/Second Group Phases
- Adjusted the competition scheduling date for the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, which now allows for the First Round draw to take place
- Adjusted the dates for the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup First Round, in order to avoid a clash with internationals during the 2nd leg

05/04/2017

- Removed the round name "Replay" from the UEFA Super Cup

29/03/2017

- All competition awards are now working for Champions League/Europa League/UEFA Cup/Cup Winners' Cup/Intertoto Cup
- UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round renamed to Qualification Playoff Round
- 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League now drop into the UEFA Cup First Round/Europa League Qualification Playoff Round
- Nation rankings slightly tweaked (Scotland are now ranked in 19th, meaning they have 2 Champions League places instead of 1. Sweden remain 20th, with Belarus now 21st)
- Competition colours updated for all files
- UEFA Cup now has 5 teams in the group stage instead of 4, with each team playing 4 games, and 3 qualifying
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup fixture dates are now spread out more evenly, with the 2nd round played in November, and the Semi-Final in March. Games are now 2-3 months apart

27/03/2017

- Fixed a reported crash relating to a lingering squad selection date in all files
- Increased the prize payouts of the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Cup, Cup Winners' Cup & Intertoto Cup
- Tweaked any potential problems with the away goals rule in all competitions

22/03/2017

- Europa League (1 Group Stage) no longer crashes at August 9th
- Europa League & UEFA Cup now have 2 legs for 2nd and 3rd Qualifying Rounds in all files
- UEFA Cup & Cup Winners' Cup file now updates history correctly
- UEFA Super Cup competition colours updated
- Squad registration rules removed until further notice​

17/03/2017

- The 1 group phase version of the Europa League now contains 12 groups of 4 instead of 8, with the top 2 teams of each group being joined in the First Knockout Round by 8 Champions League 3rd placed teams from the First Group Phase​

13/03/2017

- Added the seedings panel to the competition overview for the Champions League, Europa League, and UEFA Cup
- Alternate files are now available, so you can choose whether you want a 1/2 group phase Europa League, or the UEFA Cup. Additionally, these can be played with or without the Cup Winners' Cup​

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FORMAT

- 3 qualifying rounds, each containing 32 teams
- 16 teams enter at the Third Qualifying Round, those being 2 teams from nations 1-6, and 1 team from nations 7-10
- The 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round will drop into the First Round of the UEFA Cup, or the Qualification Playoff Round of the Europa League
- 16 league winners and runners up enter at the First Group Phase, along with the 16 winners of the Third Qualifying Round
- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams
- Depending on the file, 8 third-placed teams will drop out of the First Group Phase and into the Round of 32 (UEFA Cup), First Knockout Round or Second Group Phase (Europa League)
- 16 teams progress to the Second Group Phase
- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals
- Matches now divided equally between Tuesday and Wednesday
- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (2 GROUP STAGES)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 64 teams
- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup
- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 32 winners progressing to the First Group Phase
- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League
- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams
- 8 teams progress to the Second Group Phase, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League
- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals
- All matches take place on Thursdays at the same time
- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (1 GROUP STAGE)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 96 teams
- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup
- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 48 winners progressing to the Group Stage
- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League
- The Group Stage contains 48 teams, which are thrown into 12 groups of 4
- 24 teams progress to the First Knockout Round, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League
- 32 teams will then compete in 2-legged ties for the First Knockout Round, followed by the Second Knockout Round for the final 16, Quarter Final, Semi- Final, and the Final

UEFA CUP FORMAT

- 2 qualifying rounds, with both containing 24 teams
- Highest seeds enter at the First Round, which contains 80 teams. 40 winners progress to the Group Stage
- The Group Stage contains 40 teams, which are thrown into 8 groups of 5 with 1 round of games played
- 24 teams progress to the Round of 32, where they will be joined by the 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the Champions League
- The winning teams will then progress to the Round of 16, and following that, the Quarter Finals through to the Final
- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA INTERTOTO CUP FORMAT

- Competition begins in mid-June
- 64 teams will start out in the First Round, which contains 2 legs
- 32 winning teams will progress to a Group Stage, which has 1 round of matches
- From there it is a straight knockout (1 match per round, Extra Time & Penalties if needed) from the Quarter Finals through to the Final
- The UEFA Intertoto Cup (singular) winner will then qualify for the Second Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup / Europa League
- Matches take place on Thursdays and Sundays
- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA CUP WINNERS' CUP FORMAT

- There are 5 rounds in the tournament (no qualifiers). Therefore 32 teams from the top 32 nations begin in the First Round and are drawn against each other at random
- The tournament is a straight two-legged knockout for each round all the way until the final
- If the cup winner for that Nation is in the Champions League or Europa League, then the runner-up will replace them. Failing that, the spot will then go to the next highest placed team in the league
- Matches take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Just like I have set it in every other competition, the winner is not automatically entered to defend their crown for the following year

UEFA SUPER CUP

- This remains unchanged​

**NOTES**

- Only use 1 of these files when starting the game. I've made 6 different files available for download in order to give you an option on which format/competitions you'd like to use in the game. 3 have the Cup Winners' Cup and 3 don't. You also have a choice of the UEFA Cup or Europa League, as well as 1 group phase or 2 group phases in the Europa League. The AFC Champions League file can be used with the UEFA file you choose.

- If you are taking control of a team in the first season that is competing in the UEFA Intertoto Cup, you will have to add the top league in Romania as a playable nation, as it allows you to start the game at June 10th

- Something I forgot to mention previously is that the nation rankings are slightly customized, so the top 4 nations will now get 4 teams for the Champions League instead of 3

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Simply drop the editor files into Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2017 > Editor Data and you're ready to go.

CREDITS

I'd like to give thanks to those who have helped me out when it came to getting this file off the ground, such as KingRobbo, Freddie Sands, krlenjushka and KUBI, as well as anyone else who was kind enough to chip in along the way. Your help is much appreciated, and I couldn't have gotten this project completed without all of you.​

Additionally I'd like to give a big thank you, with all credits going to the original creators for the following items which have been provided with this download:

Background Images = UEFA/AFC, and all other original creators
UEFA & AFC Metallic Competition Logos = kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi
UEFA & AFC Trophies = DAZS8, and anyone else that may have contributed

----------------------------------------

Download the metallic logos megapack by kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi here:
https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Download the trophies megapack by DAZS8 here:
Football Manager 2017 Trophies Megapack | FM Scout

Hope you all enjoy this without any major hiccups, and any feedback is appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

UEFA Revival 3.2

Last edited:
2.3 now available for download. If any problem occur just let me know.

Hey Carlitos Guess What I Have Error In Club Continental Rules In FM 17 Editor What Should I Do
:O

3.0 now available for download. Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any issues with the files. Thanks.

Hey Carlitos Guess What I Have Error In Club Continental Rules In FM 17 Editor What Should I Do
:O

What is the error you're getting? Is it in relation to my files at all, or something you're working on?

3.0 is now available for download so I would suggest running with that as it should fix up a lot of issues from the previous version. As mentioned as well, make sure to use only one of the six files when starting the game. They all have different formats for the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

Are you running any other editor files besides mine? Depending on what they are the fixtures may clash and cause an error in the save.

Dude You Need A Change The Fixtures For Champions League And Europa League And UEFA Cup So
UEFA Cup
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
August
First Round
September-October
Group Stage
October-December
Round Of 32
Februrary
Round Of 16
March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May
UEFA Champions League
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
July-August
Third Qualfying Round
August
Group Stage
September-December
First Knockout Stage
February-March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May
Europa League
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
July-August
First Round
September-October
Group Stage
October-December
Round Of 32
Feburary
Round Of 16
March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May

Dude You Need A Change The Fixtures For Champions League And Europa League And UEFA Cup So
UEFA Cup
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
August
First Round
September-October
Group Stage
October-December
Round Of 32
Februrary
Round Of 16
March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May
UEFA Champions League
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
July-August
Third Qualfying Round
August
Group Stage
September-December
First Knockout Stage
February-March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May
Europa League
First Qualfying Round
July
Second Qualfying Round
July-August
First Round
September-October
Group Stage
October-December
Round Of 32
Feburary
Round Of 16
March
Quarter-Finals
April
Semi-Finals
April-May
Final
May

Some of those I'm looking into, such as the First Round/Qualification Playoff Round, and possibly the Round of 32.

However a big problem is the international breaks, which means I don't think there's much room to move much of anything around. When I first started making the file in older versions, the first international break would come in early September, whereas now it seems to come in late August. I'll see what's possible but I wouldn't expect massive changes like you're asking.

Did you get the file working?

Last edited:
I Going Try
But Why UEFA Cup UEFA Champions League Europa League Have Wrong Fixtures You Should Do Real Fixtures
Will You Make Third Rounds For Intertoto Cup

I had to do it that way to get everything running in conjunction with each other. For example if I set the First round fixtures in early September, you won't have the full squad available due to international breaks. Same goes for certain periods in March, October and November. I had to work around them.

The Intertoto Cup is set up the way it is because there are 64 teams in the competition, and it was the best way to whittle it down to 1 winner before the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round begins. I initially wanted 8 winners to qualify for it but simply couldn't do it. The file does work with 1 sole winner however. I think that one turned out for the better as well.

You Can Do It Man You Will Do 10 Winners For Qualfy To UEFA Cup You Can Do All Competitions Real Fixtures And Champions League 1 Group Stage Okay

You Can Do It Man You Will Do 10 Winners For Qualfy To UEFA Cup You Can Do All Competitions Real Fixtures And Champions League 1 Group Stage Okay

Unless there are any bugs preventing people from playing, the files and formats are close to final.

Look So I Going To The Fixtures For You
UEFA Champions League
First Qualfying Round
12 July
20 July
Second Qualfying Round
26 July
3 August
Third Qualfying Round
9 August
24 August
Group Stage
13 September
7 December
First Knockout Stage
21 February
8 March
Quarter-Finals
28 March
5 April
Semi-Finals
18 April
26 April
Final
17 May
UEFA Cup
First Qualfying Round
14 July
28 July
Second Qualfying Round
11 August
25 August
First Round
15 September
29 September
Group Stage
20 October
15 December
Round Of 32
15 February
23 February
Round Of 16
9 March
15 March
Quarter-Finals
30 March
6 April
Semi-Finals
20 April
27 April
Final
10 May
Intertoto Cup
First Round
18 June
25 June
Second Round
2 July
9 July
Third Round
16 July
23 July
Semi-Finals
27 July
3 August
Finals
9 August
23 August
So What You Think Carlitos

Dude, look, I'm not changing the formats. It took me long enough to get the files working as it is and I'm happy with it. You have 6 different options to run with, which is more than enough.

If there are any dates that clash etc, that's fine, but as far as I know it all runs ok.

Okay Carlitos Since You Going To Do Real Fixtures And Possibly Round Of 32 But That Fine

3.1 update now available for download. Fixes are listed in the opening post.

Enjoy.