FM18 - The Head Coach - A Journeyman save with a difference!

Ahead of Monday's episode of my FM18 story, The Head Coach, be sure to catch up with season 3 episode 9, where we start our National League playoff campaign with Dover Athletic. It's our third successive season in a play off quarter final over a career at 2 clubs, will we finally taste success at the third time of asking? Check out the latest episode of The Head Coach, on my YouTube Channel by clicking here.

If you've missed any of the story so far, you can use the individual episode links in the above posts to catch up.

Subscribe to my channel, Load FM!, for new episodes of The Head Coach, every Monday-Thursday at the usual time of 4.30pm.

A massive thanks to everyone that's watched the series so far, as I've gradually improved the technology and standard of videos. It's much appreciated!

It's Monday and The Head Coach is back. It's a new season littered with new hope, new optimism and.... well maybe not! It's the start of season 4 and I still can't get out of Dover. Check out our DoF's summer work, as we head into our first game of the new National League season. Watch Season 4 Episode 1 of my FM18 story, The Head Coach, on my YouTube Channel by clicking here or the video below:-

[video=youtube;EBzspWwkeQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBzspWwkeQM[/video]

A massive thanks to everyone that's been watching the series! Remember, you can catch up with any of the action you've missed using the episode links in the above posts.
icon14.gif

Well I would have negotiated a bigger salary with Larne myself - and can't you hire a new DOF at Dover?

Well I would have negotiated a bigger salary with Larne myself - and can't you hire a new DOF at Dover?

I though about it for a long time, but they're in a big mess financially. I definitely won't stay at Dover after this season though at the latest. Unfortunately, it's against my rules. Most Head Coaches wouldn't get to choose their DoF, they have to work with who their chairman picks. So I'm stuck with this idiot, I'm afraid.

Season 4 Episode 2 of The Head Coach is here & we're still at Dover! Today we play a big National League double header against Morecambe & Dulwich Hamlet. Can we challenge for a playoff place for a third successive season... find out by clicking here or below to watch the latest episode on YouTube channel!

[video=youtube;QRi5iK5oABk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRi5iK5oABk[/video]

A big thank you to everyone for following the series, it's always greatly appreciated!

Is it time for the Magic of the FA Cup to strike once more? It's Season 4 Episode 3 of my FM18 Story, The Head Coach and we've got another big tie to look forward to with Dover after last year's exploits. Remarkably, we've drawn my beloved Luton Town for the second time in 4 years of this career so far. With The Hatters flying in League One, can we pull off another FA Cup miracle? Check it out on my YouTube Channel by clicking here or watching below!

[video=youtube;qGkiK53Dhaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGkiK53Dhaw[/video]

A massive thanks to everyone as always. You can catch up with all of our previous FA Cup exploits by using the episode links in the above posts in this thread.

Last edited:
Am-ee-chi is how you pronounce the guy you're trying to get from Norwich. Same surname as a 90s/00s British basketball player

Hey, enjoying the series so far. Only got to episode 4 in first season so far. Just wondering if you choose to add people as transfer targets then let the DoF do the negotiating. That seems like something a manager would do, say "i want X, Y and Z, can you do your best to get them for me?"

Am-ee-chi is how you pronounce the guy you're trying to get from Norwich. Same surname as a 90s/00s British basketball player

Haha, I still don't trust myself to get it right while commentating quickly. I'll stick with Xavier to avoid looking more stupid! XD

Hey, enjoying the series so far. Only got to episode 4 in first season so far. Just wondering if you choose to add people as transfer targets then let the DoF do the negotiating. That seems like something a manager would do, say "i want X, Y and Z, can you do your best to get them for me?"

Thanks for watching, glad you're enjoying. You'll be pleased to know the video quality improves as I get more used to it & upgrade my PC.

I don't add transfer targets at all in The Head Coach. I try to work in the most modern way possible (imagine I'm working under Glenn Tamplin, except I actually get to pick the team). It just makes it more unpredictable and challenging for me, having absolutely no idea who your players are going to be! XD

It's season 4 episode 4 of my FM18 story, The Head Coach, and today we play a big FA Trophy tie as we try to create a path to Wembley! Check it out on my YouTube channel by clicking here or watching below:-

[video=youtube;87KPmDKpz8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87KPmDKpz8k[/video]

A big thanks to everyone following this series. Catch up with the story so far using the links in this thread.

Last edited:
It's Monday and my FM18 story The Head Coach is back for another week. Today we play a massive National League double header as our Dover side begins it's run in. Can we spring a surprise late title challenge? Check out Season 4 Episode 5 on my YouTube channel by clicking here or watching below!

[video=youtube;TOUkM6LECmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUkM6LECmY[/video]

A massive thanks for watching as always. If you enjoy the video, subscribe to my channel for new episodes of The Head Coach every Monday-Thursday at 4.30pm.

We've got another big episode of The Head Coach to look forward to today. We finish our National League season against one of the league's biggest teams in Tranmere Rovers, before beginning our annual road to disappointment in the play offs... again! Check out Season 4 Episode 6 of my FM18 story, The Head Coach, on YouTube by clicking here or watching below.

[video=youtube;CjEyOS7Nct0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjEyOS7Nct0[/video]

A massive thanks to everyone that's newly subscribed to the channel. There will continue to be new episodes from this save every Monday-Thursday at 4.30pm until the release of the FM19 beta, where will have 2 long term saves. One of these will of course be a new and improved Head Coach story!

Thanks for watching, it's much appreciated.
icon14.gif

Brilliant work - though gutting to have your chief assasin injured like that.

P.S I still enjoy the press conferences.

I know, the injury ruined the episode for me!

I enjoy them for the first month at a new club, but then get bored of them very quickly. The only part of the game I don't love.

It's time for Season 4 Episode 7 of my FM18 story, The Head Coach. Today is the biggest game of the series so far, as we play our National League Playoff Final against Macclesfield, with a Football League place at stake! Can we finally do it? Check it out on my YouTube channel by clicking here or below:-

[video=youtube;6ncqKnzsm94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ncqKnzsm94[/video]

A massive thanks for watching as always & see you again tomorrow for the start of a new season!

It's a new day and a new start as we move into Season 5 of The Head Coach. Today, we come back from our summer holidays early to attend to a job offer... Will we finally be on the move from Dover? Check out Season 5 Episode 1 on my YouTube channel by clicking here or watching below.

[video=youtube;F95Xte22Rko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F95Xte22Rko[/video]

A big thanks for following this story as always. The series has now passed 3000 views in well under 2 months. It's greatly appreciated! I'll be back on Monday with another week of action packed episodes from The Head Coach.

Nice one at getting the fresh start - I'd stick with the save for a while, but then again I don't yet know whether FM19 will be worth it yet.

Nice one at getting the fresh start - I'd stick with the save for a while, but then again I don't yet know whether FM19 will be worth it yet.

I'll try and squeeze at least a couple more season out of this save, but will definitely be doing a Head Coach series with FM19 too! I can't lie, I'm delighted to be out of Dover!

It's nearly time for Monday's episode of my FM18 story, The Head Coach. We're fresh from our biggest and most important week of the series so far, catch up with the thrilling run in to season 4 using the video links in the previous posts in this thread, as well as seeing our job offer at the start of Season 5. Will we be in a new job for Monday's episode? Catch up above, or watch from the very beginning by clicking here!

Thanks to everyone that's watched the series so far. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to keep up to date with this story, as well as news of my FM19 saves!

FM18 - The Head Coach - Season 5 Episode 2 - Major Milestones!

[FONT=&quot]Welcome back to another week of big episodes from my FM18 story, The Head Coach. Today, it's time for Season 5 Episode 2, as we could potentially tick off a number of major milestones in this series! Firstly, we're managing a side in the Europa League for the first time, before a chance to win our first trophy of the story so far (after a couple of near misses)! Check out this vital episode of The Head Coach on my YouTube channel by clicking here or watching below.

[video=youtube;WciaAF4CQWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WciaAF4CQWo[/video]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A massive thanks for watching as always! Keep your eyes posted for a video in the next couple of weeks, outlining my plans for FM19 stories.[/FONT]