dporter8999

Reaction score
For my first save of FM19, i have decided to take on a club that has risen through the ranks thanks to the managerial skills of the man with the last name Clough. This time however, it is Nigel Clough, and the club is Burton Albion. There have been quite a few good managers who have started out at the club, such as Clough, Gary Rowett & Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink who have all gone on to have varying levels of success. My challenge will be to bring success as the club, before moving on to bigger and better things.

The board are expecting a play off place at the end of the season, and to do that, there will have to be some changes to a squad that doesn't have alot of depth in the required places. To do this, there will be some good players that are let go to cover the cost of bringing in more quality in other positions.

As you can see, I have decided to sell Liam Boyce. Boyce is quite clearly the best striker at the club, but for £4.6m he was a necessary sacrifice and also the clubs highest fee received. I also prefer to use one striker, a fast paced forward which doesn't describe Boyce. Also on the way out, is keeper Stephen Bywater. The incoming fee was not important, but the wages off the bill, and less keepers in the squad means that there is less chance of players becoming impatient for playing time.

On the way in, we have 6 players who will improve the squad.
1. Tyias Browning has come in from Everton for £750k, a club record signing and a player for both now and the future. He will challenge with Brayford for the starting spot at right back.

2. Callum Harriott is the player out of all that i signed that I am most happy about. A fast paced winger that I can see attacking the opposition and causing lots of problems for them

3. Ethan Ebanks-Landell will be my 3rd choice centre back, but could find himself in a starting role if my 1st choice pairing starts to show declines in both form and ability.

4. Brendan Galloway comes in on loan to become 1st choice left back, after McCrory picked up an injury which will keep him out for 4-5 months.

5. George Moncur is my back up attacking midfielder. We did have Jake Hesketh on loan from Southampton, but he suffered damaged cruciate ligaments which ended his season, and his loan spell.

6. Robbie Keane is the main man! A striker that is clearly head and shoulder above all players in my squad. He will lead the line, and hopefully help players off the pitch.

My starting line up to start the season, a blend of youth and experience, pace and know how. A basic tactic, but we will see how this goes, and
change if necessary.

Preseason went well, wins against teams i would expect to get results against, and other than Harness who isn't needed, we have no injuries to the 1st team squad. The loss to Millwall was the only blemish, but one we can accept.

I am looking forward to the 1st game of the season, against Rochdale in front of our home fans. Lets begin.

The journey begins against Rochdale. I am happy that my first game as manager will be at home with the fans behind us, hopefully giving us an advantage in our first game of the season.

Rochdale H Sky Bet League One
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Brayford, McFadzean, Turner, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Fraser, Harriott, Keane
Bench: Campbell, Browning, Ebanks-Landell, Fox, Moncur, Cole, Sordell
View attachment 33406
A nice solid win from the boys, as Robbie Keane nets on his debut for the club. A clean sheet to go with the 3 points, and the perfect start to my career.

Gillingham A Sky Bet League One
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Brayford, McFadzean, Turner, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Fraser, Harriott, Sordell
Bench: Campbell, Browning, Ebanks-Landell, Fox, Moncur, Cole, Keane
View attachment 33405
A fantastic away win! Keane dropped to the bench as we manage his fitness at the age of 38, but it was the Turner & Sbarra who got the goals. Jamie Allen gets special praise from em after assisting ALL FOUR GOALS. Another clean sheet, and we look to be on a roll!

Morecambe H Carabao Cup 1st Round
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Browning, McFadzean, Turner, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Moncur, Harriott, Sordell
Bench: Campbell, Brayford, Ebanks-Landell, Fox, Fraser, Cole, Keane
View attachment 33404
F***ing shambles. Outplayed by a side in the division below us. We didn't turn up at all for the game, and the only consolation is that I won't have the extra games to play.

Doncaster Rovers H Sky Bet League One
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Brayford, McFadzean, Ebanks-Landell, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Moncur, Cole, Keane
Bench: Campbell, Browning, Buxton, Fox, Fraser, Templeton, Sordell
View attachment 33403
Injuries meant a few changes to the squad, but we keep up our great run in the league with a 3rd win and clean sheet in a row! Selling Boyce was a risk, but i do think that the added depth will serve us well in a rough league.

Bradford City A Sky Bet League One
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Brayford, McFadzean, Ebanks-Landell, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Fraser, Cole, Keane
Bench: Campbell, Browning, Buxton, Fox, Moncur, Templeton, Sordell
View attachment 33402
How long will this go on for? Another win. Another clean sheet. I simply have no words for just how good this side is playing, both home and away.

Oxford A Sky Bet League One
Starting Line Up: Evtimov, Brayford, McFadzean, Ebanks-Landell, Galloway, Allen, Sbarra, Akins, Fraser, Harriott, Keane
Bench: Campbell, Browning, Buxton, Fox, Moncur, Templeton, Sordell
View attachment 33401
POOR POOR POOR! All our good work this month ends with an atrocious loss to Oxford as we are completely pulled apart. We either win and keep a clean sheet, or lose and don't score. Possibly worrying later on in the season if this trend continues.

5 games in and we are top of the table! The last game has dented our goal difference, but I take heart that we are a point clear of Sunderland, and have started the season in good form. With both Keane & Akins on 3 goals for the season, we are doing alright for goals, and hopefully this run will continue.

Great start! Robbie Keane, even at 38, is a massive coup I feel! If you can keep him fit, there's no reason why he can't net 15 goals this season at least!

Love this story already hope this goes on and on will be using your story as a template for my own game on full release

Cheers guys, i'm hoping this will go well too! Keane is a great player at this level, but I am worried that his pace will decrease and he won't stand up in all the games.